It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Jordan donates $10M to Make-A-Wish for 60th birthday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I think this was a very kind thought from the heart from Mr. Jordan. I've only heard good words about the Make-A-Wish foundation. 10 million dollars is truly a lot of money. Keeping on a positive note, lets hope the help of the children around the world understand that their medical needs come from people, not only from Mr. Jordan but from even members here on ATS that have a caring and sharing heart of compassion. And yes, I feel the hearts of compassion of helping those in need in America from the members here. We, here are a community that Mr. Jordan sees the world within his heart of the love to " help " our children in need. Only good vibes I have for the Make-A-Wish foundation of charitable kindness for the children of the world.

Six-time NBA champion Michael Jordan is celebrating his 60th birthday on Friday by making a $10 million donation to Make-A-Wish.

It is the largest donation ever received from an individual in the organization’s 43-year history.

Jordan’s hope is that his decision to celebrate his birthday by donating to Make-A-Wish will inspire others to help fulfill the wishes of the kids still waiting for their wishes to come true.

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

What medical needs are you speaking of?

Make a wish is not about medical needs at all. It is about granting last wishes of children. It is a good charity but you don't seem to understand it.

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Larry David once gave to MAW but never told anyone...not even Ted D.!

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge

Make a wish is not about medical needs at all. It is about granting last wishes of children. It is a good charity but you don't seem to understand it.

Actually I know what you said. I know about the granting the last wishes of our children in need of that dream to come true. You pointed out that I said " medical needs" that statement is uncalled for. I'll leave it to your imagination now why I said " medical needs ". Well, I changed my mind... it meant HOPE that their parents have a dream for their dear child.
Sadly, I feel you had to point out something negative of my post when I deeply wanted to keep it on a positive note.

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

Actually I know what you said. I know about the granting the last wishes of our children in need of that dream to come true. You pointed out that I said " medical needs" that statement is uncalled for. I'll leave it to your imagination now why I said " medical needs ". Well, I changed my mind... it meant HOPE that their parents have a dream for their dear child.
Sadly, I feel you had to point out something negative of my post when I deeply wanted to keep it on a positive note.

So, misrepresenting what a charity does is now considered positive?

The medical needs of those children have been met by other charities. Unfornutially they are still not able to make it to be adults.

Make a Wish fills a need for kids with no future to be just kids for a while. There is no need to sugar coat it to make this thread more pleasant.

I have known several volunteers for this charity and they do what most people cannot. They bring a smile to a child that has no cure for their condition.

If you think I am bringing your thread down, I am sorry. You are failing to see how much good this charity does and how hard it is on the volunteers.

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

So, misrepresenting what a charity does is now considered positive?

The medical needs of those children have been met by other charities. Unfornutially they are still not able to make it to be adults.

Make a Wish fills a need for kids with no future to be just kids for a while. There is no need to sugar coat it to make this thread more pleasant.

I have known several volunteers for this charity and they do what most people cannot. They bring a smile to a child that has no cure for their condition.

If you think I am bringing your thread down, I am sorry. You are failing to see how much good this charity does and how hard it is on the volunteers.

OK, my choice of words ARE wrong. Please forgive the misunderstanding of my written thoughts of the Make-A Wish.

top topics

join