It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO confirms outbreak of Marburg virus in Equatorial Guinea

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I noted that in the OP from the event in Ghana in 2005. So far this outbreak is roughly 50%, but that can and likely will change.

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Historically, there have been outbreaks of both covid and marburg. Neither has been of pandemic proportion, and many believe that they still haven't reached that degree of severity due to over-reporting and questionable science. I don't think anyone doubts the existence of covid. But knowing that anyone who died having been exposed to covid, often discovered post-mortem with no presenting symptoms, were reported as covid deaths makes it hard to accept the term pandemic as fitting or accurate.

If real numbers were reported from the very start it is possible that the world would not have stampeded off into the realm of untested mrna vaccines that seem to be more dangerous than the disease they fail to prevent. If history is to repeat itself, we will make the same mistake again only this time with a disease that has truly pandemic potential.

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I think it depends on the state of the fluids it's in. I have no trouble believing enough moisture can survive for that long under the right conditions.

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

These estimates are based on testing in controlled conditions. The virus is deposited on various types of surfaces and subjected to different conditions such as temp, humidity, O2 content, etc. They may find that the virus survives longer on stainless steel than on glass. Or they may find that at 60% humidity the virus thrives but at 90% it dies almost immediately. For new strains an estimate can be extrapolated from existing data on known variants exhibiting a similar profile.

posted on Apr, 8 2023 @ 12:35 AM
link   
April 8, 2023

The U.S. CDC says get ready!

Marburg Incoming: www.foxnews.com...

50% Death Rate

Don't Touch or Inhale any Body Fluids.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join