It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grand Lodge ever thought of bringing a lawsuit against stuff like this: ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
Can you guys go one post without a personal attack? I have no choice but to continue to ask the questions that get me attacked.

Seems like baiting to me. I hate baiting. The site hates baiting. Everyone hates baiting.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Can you guys go one post without a personal attack? I have no choice but to continue to ask the questions that get me attacked. The bait is:
Don't attack on a personal level. Don't bring up the past. Don't assume. Address what is said, honestly. Thank you.

I came here to learn about symbolism (why geometry is important to Masons, etc. who promptly declared it unimportant, as I MUST have an agenda, for even asking about it).

Did I ask what I would learn from Masonry, if I did not subscribe to a(ny) major religion? Yes. You won't get the words SUPREME BEING out of my mouth, but what did the Masons say?

No, you aren't eligible. If they DID NOT say that, please provide evidence, because all I remember is being attacked, and the question being dropped as dis-ingenuous (as it is every time).

Another question I've had is whether Masons see any potential for corruption, and all I've heard is "no more than any other organization/company".
What I wanted to know was, does the set up of Masonry allow you to find out every one you are associating yourself with, before doing so.
Could this be changed?

So Masons have not answered my major questions, again.

You guys have had a personal vendetta against me, going as far as going into threads I post in, and replying without even reading what I wrote. Esp. Sebatwerk, who thinks I have to prove things to him personally, as well as do his research for him.

Is that what Masonry teaches, let someone else do the work, then tell me about it?
Intrepid, whats next, the global ignore this time for circumventing the censors because I don't think its bait at all.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
When you start a post like this:

Can you guys go one post without a personal attack? I have no choice but to continue to ask the questions that get me attacked.

It definatly implies that you are looking for a negetive response. Thus "baiting". It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out.

I'm no Mason but I've read enough, too much at times
, to answer your question. They require a belief in a "supreme being" because the organisation is based on morality. It doesn't matter what "god" it is, just one.

Why won't you accept what they tell you and keep going on about this. Hell, if an outsider can see it, why can't you.

Also, your theory about an occasional "bad apple" makes the rest tarnished, is bogus. You will get those in every undertaking on the face of the planet engaged in by more than 3 people. Why would they be any different. Personally I'd be dumbfounded if the Masons were flawless. Then I'd see conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   

What I wanted to know was, does the set up of Masonry allow you to find out every one you are associating yourself with, before doing so.

This is a question difficult to answer, as the perameters are so vague. What do you mean exactly by set-up, and do you mean 'everyone' literally? And do you mean 'allow' or 'enable'?

As it stands, I would say No.

[edited for meaning]

[edit on 10-4-2005 by Trinityman]

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Did I ask what I would learn from Masonry, if I did not subscribe to a(ny) major religion? Yes. You won't get the words SUPREME BEING out of my mouth, but what did the Masons say?

No, you aren't eligible. If they DID NOT say that, please provide evidence, because all I remember is being attacked, and the question being dropped as dis-ingenuous (as it is every time).

YOU ARE THE ONE MAKING THE CLAIM! YOU ARE THE ONE THAT NEEDS TO PROVIDE EVIDENCE. I have no interest in proving you wrong, you are the one with the problem. In this country, the burden of proof is on the accuser.

Another question I've had is whether Masons see any potential for corruption, and all I've heard is "no more than any other organization/company".
Could this be changed?

So there you have it. We HAVE given you an answer. Not any more than any other organization. You really don't know masonry at all. It's nothing like what you think it is, and it is not this comfortable haven for people to feel like theyre protected from any kind of repercussions. When you're a mason, you feel obligated to live at a higher standard than other people, because there's a lodge full of watchful brothers who want to make sure you bring honor to the lodge and to the fraternity. So get over it, it's not like you think.

So Masons have not answered my major questions, again.

Yes we have. It's not our fault that you do not like the answers.

You guys have had a personal vendetta against me, going as far as going into threads I post in, and replying without even reading what I wrote. Esp. Sebatwerk, who thinks I have to prove things to him personally, as well as do his research for him.

Is that what Masonry teaches, let someone else do the work, then tell me about it?

Dude, keep dreaming! DOn't turn yourself into a victim, Akilles. It won't work. You've been a downright p__ck when it comes to your posts regharding Freemasonry. How dare YOU complain that people are attacjking YOU in their posts.

All I've ever tried doing is get you to stop stating things as a fact when you know damn well they are not facts. I never asked for you to research anything for me, Akilles. And compared to the amount of questions you have asked and the amount of research YOU have not done because you would rather ask us half-assed arrogant sarcastic questions is immense, WE have done YOUR research for YOU. And you STILL think you know more about masonry than us and you still dont believe a word we say. So why would we answer your questions?

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trinityman

This is a question to answer, as the perameters are so vague. What do you mean exactly by set-up, and do you mean 'everyone' literally? And do you mean 'allow' or 'enable'?

As it stands, I would say No.

I've answered this question for him several times now, and he keeps bitching that nobody answers him. I told him that you can absolutely meet everyone in your lodge before you join. But in a fraternity of 2 million people, it'd be a little hard to meet everyone. Apparently this is not good enough for him. He's determined to make masonry look bad, and so far he has failed. I'm sick of his attempts to slander us while at the same time making himself look like the victim. He's a troll, nothing more.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Sorry gentlemen on both sides, but this thread has to be closed, there is too much 'tit for tat' and emotive responses here comming from all directions.

Much heat, as they say, not enough light.

And no, thats not an illuminati reference! mwa ha.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join