It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vision - nations intending to provide Universal Basic Income to 'useless eaters'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: quintessentone
a reply to: tanstaafl

Well I recall my brother-in-law making two tiers up from the first tax level and he complained the taxes amounted to almost half his total income, so he started a sideline job. The government's taxation system is all wrong.

Well, since I am fully aware that taxation is simply legalized theft and believe it should be abolished completely, I have to say I agree.

Then government will become the useless eaters, wait they already are. LOL

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
a reply to: tanstaafl
Then government will become the useless eaters, wait they already are. LOL

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 10:24 AM
link   
UBI is simply unworkable at this point as corruption, covid and ukraine has killed the debt small headroom 2007/8 left that could have allowed some borrowing but even then it would have only been at super low subsistence levels..

we currently know there is an $80 trillion debt hole that needs filling (tip of iceberg) and that can't be filled while the west deindustrialises itself and while it relies on china's or others to make its new shiny things.. at some point the money we have won't be worth anything be it cash or digital as there won't be anything left it can buy..

we can't even make 15 min cities work as everything has been either centralised or moved out of town alongside that the existing infrastructure is failing at an ever faster pace so we'll struggle to keep the lights on or keep warm at home or work let alone be tied to a stupid idea like a 15 min city..

as one world govs go this one is dead in the water before it gets its feet under the table..

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

Just a thought, won't the U.S. fill in the oil/gas shortfall 'over there' and make money that way?

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

it'll make some...but not enough to offset the cost of deindustriaslisation..

headline numbers: spending in fossil fuel consumption subsidies climbed to a record high of more than $1 trillion, according to new estimates, On top of those subsidies, the IEA has tracked more than $500 billion in extra spending to reduce energy bills in 2022, mainly in advanced economies, with around $350 billion of this in Europe.

Fossil Fuels Consumption Subsidies 2022

i tend to use nitter as a front end to twitter to catch up on accounts like Javier Blas (energy) and Philip pilkington (emerging multipolar world)

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Just noticing that your country has had it worse in the past and seems to find ways to recover.

www.self.inc...#:~:text=National%20debt%20has%20increased%20for%20the%20last%2064,ever%20increase%20in%20US%20national%20 debt%2C%20soaring%20882%25.

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

not American.. English but the same is true of all countries they'll remain as always even in a changing world.. indeed i can argue we tried ubi in the south country centuries ago when the daily wage was pegged to cost of bread, food is the most important currency.. like all things though it died out when the world pivoted out of calamity.

in terms of the history of UBI it appears on the horizon when the debt headroom is one where UBI becomes an unaffordable dream but as soon as things change people move onto bettering their lot.

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Well it's not that it's an unfathomable dream, take Finland for example, their experience with UBI came with expectations which didn't pan out. Other small scale temporary projects also didn't pan out for various reasons, which I think were linked to perhaps unrealistic expectations.

There is a long-term UBI project in Africa, so we may want to look at this one because I think they are allowing the participants to be free with the money, use the money any way they wish, 'NO STRINGS ATTACHED', so I'd be interested to see what how this works with a larger group.

Anyway, I think the OP's dream needle points more on the doom and gloom scale.

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Acts 2:17 In the last days, God says, I will pour out My Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.

young men see visions... a holograph ATM spitting out CBDC (blockchain fungible credit units)

the post suggesting the elite ATM guy was a prime target to get 'rolled-for-his wad of cash'... whoever tried that would be drenched in blue dye instantly (well, in 2 minutes anyhoo)

if/when CBDC comes around... off-shore banking and palletts of cash owned by cartels would vanish...the law makers would be aristocracy & live like mcScrooge Duck

top topics

<< 1   >>

join