It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Dances With Wolves' actor arrested in Nevada sex abuse case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 10:25 PM
link   

LAS VEGAS – Las Vegas police on Tuesday arrested and raided the home of a former “Dances With Wolves” actor turned alleged cult leader accused of sexually assaulting young Indigenous girls during a period spanning two decades, according to police records obtained by The Associated Press.

Nathan Lee Chasing His Horse, who goes by Nathan Chasing Horse, was taken into custody in the afternoon near the North Las Vegas home he is said to share with his five wives. SWAT officers were seen outside the two-story home in the evening as detectives searched the property.

Known for his role as the young Sioux tribe member Smiles a Lot in the Oscar-winning Kevin Costner film, Chasing Horse gained a reputation among tribes across the United States and in Canada as a so-called medicine man who performed healing ceremonies and spiritual gatherings and, police allege, used his position to abuse young Native American girls.

'Dances With Wolves' actor arrested in Nevada sex abuse case

Remember this kid?

Well he's not a kid anymore and it sounds like he's found some big trouble in adult life!

His arrest is the culmination of a monthslong investigation that began after police received a tip in October 2022. According to a 50-page search warrant obtained by AP, Chasing Horse is believed to be the leader of a cult known as The Circle.

"Cult like" and he's is apparently the leader! More sickness and perversion making headlines...there seems to be no end to it these days!

Dances with wolves was such a good movie and I hate that it's title is in the headline of this report...but it is!

Reading through the article was a bit disturbing! Seems he has had a long run with doing these sort of things and included being banished from a reservation for it! Another repeat offender that should have never been able to reoffend...but here we are in liberal America where this kind of thing has not only gone unpunished...but is now being openly promoted!

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Apparently the people at WPLG wanted to get as many web-hits as possible.

This horror has nothing to do with "Dances with Wolves," a landmark movie produced almost 25 years ago ... This is about an actor who played a minor role in it. As if his past movie employment somehow matters.

They are just showing how they 'earn' the new journalistic credentials in the 21st century.

edit on 1/31/2023 by Maxmars because: Because I'm not perfect

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

Dances with wolves was such a good movie and I hate that it's title is in the headline of this report...but it is!

That's exactly why I added this little bit of text!

I hate that they used it to report this incident!

This horror has nothing to do with Dances with Wolves a landmark movie produced almost 25 years ago

Agreed...again...that's why I added that little bit of text!

Most people would not know who he is by his name alone...so it does make him well known though!

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Tatanka?

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Tatanka?

I think buffalo is appropriate, meaning to bully, harass, or intimidate or to baffle!

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: jerryznv

I remember he had a small supportive role in the HBO Original Movie, "Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee" If you haven't seen it, give it a chance. I find HBO rarely disappoints at their original content, this movie is no different.

He didn't age that well in appearance from the youthful role he played in DWW, but it was convincing enough.

What a scumbag POS.

new topics

top topics

join