It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No smiles at Amazon

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

I am learning that many businesses, especially those who hire unskilled or lightly-skilled, have changed hiring mechanisms. Companies do not need to hire directly; they hire temp employees. This has several advantages, but the main one for the company is they don't have to go through some lengthy process to fire an employee that isn't producing. All they have to do is call the temp agency that actually employs them and say they want someone else. No questions asked.

Most will actually hire employees directly from their temp force, once those employees have proved to be worth hiring.

That's not the company's fault; it's the fault of generations of workers who refuse to do a good job, and who use legal loopholes to keep a job far longer than they deserve it.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Since finishing College the majority of my jobs started out as a Temp position. I actually like it. If I like the Company and they like me, great. If I like them and they don't like me, I just finish out the contract. (never happened). If I don't like them, finish the contract (happened once).

<< 1  2   >>

join