It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Dynamics Atlas

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2023 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Cool, it would be interested to see some advanced AI system uploaded to that thing.
And just let it roam free, and learn new stuff by trying stuff out.

posted on Jan, 19 2023 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Boston dynamics has numerous contracts with the MIC. The next step will be to give it a gun. The MIC said they wouldn't arm predator drones when they originally deployed them. Then 9/11 and the patriot act happened.

posted on Jan, 19 2023 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGuyThatKnows
a reply to: Kenzo

Why does Boston Dynamics make these videos? It all seems so scripted, and for some nefarious reason. Why are they always scripting and orchestrating this narrative idea of super robots?

All product videos from a manufacturer are scripted. The purpose is to generate interest and investment (a.k.a., profit). There are a lot of applications for robots besides the "nefarious". It can be a good thing but, as we know, even tools with the best intentions can be used for all the wrong reasons too.

posted on Jan, 19 2023 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

And they are shot until perfect. BD has a “fail” reel of their robots falling down, tripping, etc.

A parqoit robot is one thing, but I wouldn’t want a robot blind passing me a circular saw!!

I think it’s cool how far the public tech has come but they have ones that can run at (at least) 35 mph and carry automatic weapons!!

Besides, MIT has voxels and robotics combined so that they can shoot a bunch of tiny robots and similar building materials into space and make larger voxel robots that can build things 24x7 that we humans can occupy!

Now when you see a swarm of fuzzy blackness in space and watch a space station appear then you can become afraid of of robots (how much closer to the black goo will we have ventured??)

Sweet dreams, of electric sheep!!

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

I doubt it'll be autonomous AI, it'll likely be telepresence like a drone at that point.

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGuyThatKnows

Go visit a BD demo.
BD is a highly respected robotics engineering entity and the engineers here on ATS will surely let you know.

Why would you say it is fake? Just to be controversial?

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

It just looks fake. Especially the flip at the end. Sorry. I'm super skeptical.

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

I'm super skeptical because I know how much deception there is in this world.

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGuyThatKnows

It just looks fake. Especially the flip at the end. Sorry. I'm super skeptical.

I guess we are all a bit skeptical on this board, or we would not be here. However, the machines at BD need to be seen in person. You will walk away amazed.

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 08:12 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Its not scripted,its programmed..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join