It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2022, Climate Crisis, in Retrospect

page: 1

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I spent all last year, 2022, documenting the Climate Crisis© in New England (or what's left of it).

At long last, here is the culmination of my hard work.

Before scrolling down, you should know: the pictures below could very well scar you for life, so, maybe you should just not look. You've been warned!

"Autumn Disaster"

"The Leaves May Have Stopped Falling, But My Tears Haven't"

"Winter Apocalypse"

"Climate Change Induced Acorns"

"Driving Your Gas Powered Car Did This"

"A Very Severe Drought. No, I'm So Seriously You Guys, Stop Laughing"

"Worst Drought in a Hundred Years"

"A Racist Swan, Barely Surviving the Crisis"

"A Great Blue Heron, an Even Greater Climate Crisis"

"Crouching Chipmunk, Hidden Crisis"

I hope you can sleep at night - I sure can't. I did warn you.

If we survive the crisis another year (not likely), be sure to stop by to see next year's catastrophic photos!
edit on 8-1-2023 by NormalGuyCrazyWorld because: Added Image

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Great thread. I enjoyed the commentary.
Somehow we will survive. One day at a time...

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Thanks, dude! All pictures and captions are legit, and created by me!

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: NormalGuyCrazyWorld

Things that nightmares are made from !!!! 😧

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Awesome work! Very fun!

Amazing pictures and captions that gave me a good chuckle!

Thank you!

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 05:02 PM
link   
But only by reducing the lifestyle of the American people will be able to save erf!!!

Big polluters like China and India have nothing to do with it, but having a/c in the south is a big no no!!

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 05:10 PM
link   

But but, local weather isn't climate...

unless it can be exploited on the news to promote a climate change crisis!

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 05:44 PM
link   

OMG, I'm literally shaking right now. I can't even...

That poor chipmunk.

Anyone who says this isn't a crises is literally a fascist Hitler Nazi racist!

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Don't worry, the chippie is alive and well, and living in the walls of my house! He has an entire family "staying over"! 🥸

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 06:13 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: monkeyluv
insideclimatenews.org...

🤔

I think we may have a visitor from another planet!

Welcome to our planet, how are you enjoying eating our rocks?

Is your world really as bad as it appears in that link you shared? OMG! Is there any way we can assist you?

🤡

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Just like that arsehole swan.

Flaunting it’s soft white down at us all.

I’m telling a volcano and it’s gunna just erupt in vitriolic anxiety.

a reply to: watchitburn

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 11:35 PM
link   

I would advertise it a little more if I were you. Everybody experiencing drought and natural disaster and severe weather plus pollution moving to New England will surely give you the apocalyptic feeling you crave.

I can already smell the roasted chipmunk...
Plastic makeshift tents human waste every second step...
Where exactly in New England do you live? A couple of Californians would be interested.

posted on Jan, 9 2023 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I have never bought into the "world is going to end in ___ years". However, I believe that if you have lived in a single place for at least half a century you may have noticed that weather patterns are different now than the were when we were little kids. Is this noticeable slight change due to human messiness, or is it being driven by cycles (solar) or other natural phenomenon that we have NO control over? The earth wobbles in a cycle that lasts 26,000 years, could this have anything to do with it? I'm pretty sure there are a lot of well-paid scientists looking into this and they will be completely honest with us when they have discovered what is going to doom us next.
edit on 192023 by seattlerat because: mai spilling sugs

posted on Jan, 9 2023 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat
I have never bought into the "world is going to end in ___ years". However, I believe that if you have lived in a single place for at least half a century you may have noticed that weather patterns are different now than the were when we were little kids. Is this noticeable slight change due to human messiness, or is it being driven by cycles (solar) or other natural phenomenon that we have NO control over? The earth wobbles in a cycle that lasts 26,000 years, could this have anything to do with it? I'm pretty sure there are a lot of well-paid scientists looking into this and they will be completely honest with us when they have discovered what is going to doom us next.

Let's turn the sarcasm off for a moment.

I'm not exactly young, but I can honestly say that here in New England, not a single perceptible thing has changed with the weather over the past 50 years or so.

Now, if you look into the data, you will find something very interesting, which scoffs in the faces of the "global warming" fanatics. The data clearly shows a very small increase in snowfall and a slight drop in temperatures during winter, and a slight decrease in summer afternoon temperatures, as well.

I do think it has something to do with the recession of the earth, and consequently the poles shifting. I do know that the sun, gravitational effects, water vapor and clouds effect our planet's climate the most - I think all these things come into play.

Furthermore, I most certainly do not believe that CO2 is a "pollutant". That is ridiculous on so many levels, and every time we exhale, prove it to be untrue.

All I ask is, when the news pundants are harping on about a "climate crisis" going on, just remember what this guy said:

“Pandemic-like story that we’ll beat to death, but that one’s got longevity. You know what I mean? Like there’s a definitive ending to the pandemic. It’ll taper off to a point that it’s not a problem anymore. Climate change can take years, so they’ll [CNN] probably be able to milk that quite a bit. Be prepared, it’s coming. Climate change is going to be the next COVID thing for CNN. We are going to hone in on it” --CNN DIRECTOR CHARLIE CHESTER.

edit on 9-1-2023 by NormalGuyCrazyWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2023 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I think we may have a visitor from Planet Magnificent Genius that can't tell "local" from "global", and probably even "weather" from "climate".

edit on 9-1-2023 by monkeyluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: monkeyluv

"Global Warming"

Chew the rocks slowly, they are not like the rocks where you come from!

I'm not the one who made up these terms, I only ridicule them, very easily I might add.

I have heard the same empty words you speak from my fellow Earthlings - let's just say they aren't the best my planet has to offer.

The link you provided the other day, pretty much summed up: "All Bad Weather is Climate Change". That means no matter where it happens, on the globe, all unfavorable weather, or even lack of weather, is "climate change", where I see it as simply normal, localized weather. They are even blaming "climate change" on whacky stuff, like forest fires and even health issues in humans, which is simply insane!

"Climate" is what you expect. "Weather" is what you get. If there truly is "Global Warming", which means it is happening EVERYWHERE, then I should EXPECT to see it everywhere! You should not pick and choose data when it is convenient for your argument!

I could travel the 50 states and document the "crisis" in every one, and I fully would expect to get the same results. I know I am right, because I know my planet's climate history - which I fear you and your alien friends have not studied.

Climate change is a natural and slow process, and humans are not accelerating it - that is pseudoscience designed to be clickbait and even political deceit. The only time accelerated climate change can truly happen is through natural disasters like a meteor strike or large volcano eruptions.

This journalist from 1871 gets it:

....every season is sure to be "extraordinary," almost every month one of the driest or wettest, or windiest, clodest or hottest, ever known. Much observation, which ought to correct a tendancy to exxaggerate, seems in some minds to have rather a tendency to increase it.

Once again, welcome to our planet! 😇
edit on 10-1-2023 by NormalGuyCrazyWorld because: grammar

edit on 10-1-2023 by NormalGuyCrazyWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2023 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Don't be an idiot. Global warming refers to a slight increase in global surface temperature anomaly. Climate refers to weather in the long term. Climate change refers to 50+ positive feedback loops brought about by increased warming.

Why are those feedback loops taking place? Because according to denialist morons like you, the science is "complex." LOL.

posted on Jan, 11 2023 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: monkeyluv

You should have listened to me about chewing those rocks slowly, I think you may have damaged yourself, alien visitor!

I believe in science. I do not believe in The Science. The Science is defined as those who receive the most funding to achieve desired results. Theories based on small sample sizes, tiny effects, invalid exploratory analyses, and obvious conflicts of interest do not convince me one bit.

You have offered zero arguments, other than ad hoc. I have at least offered my observations and briefly went over the actual data.

On your planet, the science of our atmosphere isn't complex?:

Wind vectors, humidity, clouds, variable vertical temperatures, ground temperatures, water temperatures, gravity, ocean currents... and on and on it goes. It is very complex.

I've done my homework, you obviously have not. You are not going to win any arguments calling people morons, either. Just because you are offended, doesn't mean you're right, and furthermore, those who are easily offended are also easily manipulated.

Bottom line is, you cannot determine human effect of climate change unless you know the amount and cause of natural climate change. Climate science is not settled; science is only ever settled in politics, and that should make you wonder.

I hope you find truth, and I hope you are enjoying your stay!

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 07:33 PM
link   

How on earth do you do that when the earth itself is NOT a laboratory?

The very idea that complexity does not allow scientists to give conclusive points about climate change WORKS BOTH WAYS.

In short, you should have listened to yourself about chewing those rocks slowly.

new topics

top topics

join