It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barbara Walters, trailblazing TV icon, dies at 93

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Barbara Walters, the trailblazing television news broadcaster and longtime ABC News anchor and correspondent who shattered the glass ceiling and became a dominant force in an industry once dominated by men, has died. She was 93.

Barbara Walters, trailblazing TV icon, dies at 93

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Hangontight

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 09:16 PM
link   
IMO, Barbara Walters was one of the last surviving Female News Journalists of good character and integrity.

Now we're left with; Rachel Maddow, Whoopie Goldberg, Karine Jean-Pierre, Andrea Mitchell, Ana Navarro, Et Al..

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
IMO, Barbara Walters was one of the last surviving Female News Journalists of good character and integrity.

Now we're left with; Rachel Maddow, Whoopie Goldberg, Karine Jean-Pierre, Andrea Mitchell, Ana Navarro, Et Al..

None of which deserve the title of journalist.

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I have to agree with you CWM. I honestly popped onto this thread to leave one of my classic smart ass remarks but I can’t. She was a cut above all the current soulless morons you cited above. Regardless of her politics she seemed like a hard working, real (dare I say it) journalist. She seemed pretty classy too.

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Barbara Walters invented The View, so we have her to thank for those Leftist idiots.
But overall a better journalist than all of them put together.

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 10:01 PM
link   

RIP babs

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 10:16 PM
link   

RIP Barb.

I didn't always agree with her, but she was always shooting for the truth.

Good ole days..

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Hard to see those "other" names on the same post as Barbara. She WAS intelligence and class.

RIP Barbara. I will remember you forever.

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManSizedSquirrel

I have to agree with you CWM. I honestly popped onto this thread to leave one of my classic smart ass remarks but I can’t. She was a cut above all the current soulless morons you cited above. Regardless of her politics she seemed like a hard working, real (dare I say it) journalist. She seemed pretty classy too.

Saturday 12/31/2022

Former President & Presidential candidate Donald Trump agrees with you.

Regarding the passing of the legendary Barbara Walters last evening...

She was the greatest of them all, by far. I knew her well, was interviewed by her many times, and there was nobody like the legendary Barbara Walters - And never will be!
12.31.2022 @1:40am at: truthsocial.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Barbara Walters invented The View, so we have her to thank for those Leftist idiots.
But overall a better journalist than all of them put together.

I don't think she was the idiot who hired them. But the more of them who showed up, the quieter Barbara became. She ultimately left "The View" in disgust...and rightly so.

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 07:26 AM
link   

She has the distinction of being the "bubble-headed bleach blonde" in Don Henley's song "Dirty Laundry". I hope she wore that badge with pride, considering Henley's antics over the years.

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Some people have dignity and grace, and that was Barbara Walters.
RIP

posted on Jan, 1 2023 @ 10:54 AM
link   
She couldn't be pushed around. Meagan Kelly she was not.

edit on 1-1-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2023 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Barbara would let interviewees answer, without telling them "don't go there!", like this CNN witch did today to a Congressman.

top topics

join