It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Todays Fire In Russia.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 02:57 PM
link   
just a little creative rearrangement, a didy for ol farty.

Burn, baby, burn
Burn, baby, burn
Burn, baby, burn
Burn, baby, burn,

not to my surprise, I heard somebody say

[Chorus]
(Burn, baby, burn) russian infernos
(Burn, baby, burn) Burn mother russia down
(Burn, baby, burn) ,russian infernos yeah
(Burn, baby, burn) Burn mother russia down (BurningNow)

edit on 23-12-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Wish we saw this level of violence in China. CCP is far more dangerous.

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
I really don't know what to make of all this.

It certainly is "odd"?

I'm leaning towards Russian dissidents but, who knows?

To paraphrase Agatha Christie, one coincidence is just a coincidence, two are a clue, and three are proof.

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure most that say living in America is like the worst place to live are people who have never lived here, and in many cases never been here.

And inversely, the ones living here who say that have never been anywhere else.

One problem has been that media, domestic and foreign, sell bad news. It keeps people’s attention. So many of us have a skewed version of abroad and vice versa.

Just odd to see so many people siding with the eastern sphere of influence over a proxy war. In many ways, the proxy war is disgusting. The US is using Ukraine to harm Russia, but it does appear Ukraine is a willing participant or they wouldn’t still be fighting.

I think there’s a growing trend of denying nuance. They feel they have to take a side and be baptized in that cause. But that’s the beauty of being in a (more) free society, we don’t have to.

I can constantly criticize policies of my country, including on this topic, and still say we have it good over here.

For those that say the US is the worst because of healthcare, I implore you to look at the tax brackets and average earnings of other countries with “free” healthcare along with their wait times and restrictions for care received.

For those who say it’s the worst for our own growing problem of government entanglement in data collection and censorship, I agree this is a problem, but I’ve still not been stopped for speaking my mind without fear of life altering consequence.

We could go down the list, there’s always nuance. The notion we have it worse is a hard sell to me though.

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: JAY1980

The opposition to the war in Russia is much smaller than you'd think. Most Russia's understand if Russia loses this they will become the next victims of American imperialism. A modern day hell hole if you will.

So if Russia doesn't take Ukraine and end up pulling out that will lead to American imperialism? I'm having a hard time seeing you connect those dots... How about Russia pulls out and stops invading its former satellite countries and just sell their energy to Europe and other places. I think that would work just fine.

Finland here.. businesses that were selling russian gasoline or other stuff were driven out of business almost, so the normies around here would not accept it anymore, honestly some of them would rather be homeless than consume russian goods, even energy, i have some female friends for example, they have been asking how long before they can go out and start killing russians,, to me this seems crazy, i have no horses in this race and will relocate to some tropical paradise in a couple of years if i can, leave this part of the woods far, far behind me. i am too old for this (SNIP).
oh an have a merry christmas!

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Really interesting topic to follow.
edit on 12/23/2022 by Lr103 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Just odd to see so many people siding with the eastern sphere of influence over a proxy war. In many ways, the proxy war is disgusting. The US is using Ukraine to harm Russia, but it does appear Ukraine is a willing participant or they wouldn’t still be fighting.

I think a lot of it is the overall shock that Russia would actually invade a European country, don't really care who or what. I actually was saying that Russia would not invade, we are beyond that in 2021 at the time, and BAM! They did. It was a calculated risk and they lost. From also from the cold war days and a little part of me says F Russia, so they made their bed and now they need to sleep in it. I'm sitting in the middle on this. Not 100% with giving so much, but also want to see Russia's balls kicked in too.

For those that say the US is the worst because of healthcare, I implore you to look at the tax brackets and average earnings of other countries with “free” healthcare along with their wait times and restrictions for care received.

The reality with America is it is all available to everyone and with an ounce of effort you can have the best. Don't need to be rich, but you do need to put some effort into it all too.

We could go down the list, there’s always nuance. The notion we have it worse is a hard sell to me though.

I lived a pretty average life and I'm doing great. The deal is I always worked on improving my situation over the years and it seems I was always able to do it. I lived 5 years near Tokyo, and I can tell stories about how bad they have it there compared to here and they just do not know it.

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I'm sitting in the middle on this. Not 100% with giving so much, but also want to see Russia's balls kicked in too.

I’m with you on that.

They made their intentions clear, they wanted a land grab. The largest nation in size wanted to annex more.

The ironic part is that the international community believed Putin had modernized the decaying military, myself included. While I’ve always been skeptical of him, there was part of me that admired what he had done, because to be honest he was given an incredibly hard job.

But whether it be yes men lying to him, or Putin in on the oligarchical structure, Russia has proven to be a paper tiger.

A majority of Americans call the Middle East wars a quagmire, and rightfully so. But the failure was in the intended scope of the wars, not the operations of the military. We projected half way across the globe and lost under 10k personnel, something I’m proud the nation has found unacceptable. But the actual short term missions were swift and the logistics were sound.

Russia is bordering Ukraine and by every metric should have won the war. Even with NATO helping with supplies, Russia and their claimed military inventory should have made quick work with east logistics (the latter proving to be their major issue).

I agree with your other points. I don’t think many realize what a work week looks like for most other parts of the world just to make ends meet. 60-80 hours. There are plenty of non college educated people in America who are home owners and work 40-50 hour weeks and live a very comfortable life by global standards, and ours.

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: XipeTotex

Finland here.. businesses that were selling russian gasoline or other stuff were driven out of business almost, so the normies around here would not accept it anymore, honestly some of them would rather be homeless than consume russian goods, even energy, i have some female friends for example, they have been asking how long before they can go out and start killing russians,, to me this seems crazy, i have no horses in this race and will relocate to some tropical paradise in a couple of years if i can, leave this part of the woods far, far behind me. i am too old for this (SNIP).
oh an have a merry christmas!

Well Russia did threaten that Finland would be next or was that Poland, hard to keep track. Anyhow kind of understandable as to how the Finns feel about it all.

edit on 23-12-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 01:58 AM
link   

I dont see Finland has anything to worry at the moment . With the current estimated losses Russia had last 10 Months..

Originally they had maybe about 170 battalion tactical groups , each had 600-800 men . If Russia has now lost over 100000 men , it`s safe to say they have lost over 50% of their battalion tactical groups , much likely it`s 60% or 70% IMO

They can pull new men sure, but without training them enough , lack of modern equipment, lack of artillery munitions it wont work .

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Not a big surprise that something is happening in Russia.
What's interesting is that US have a share too:

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980
I see past your subtilities.

You people make statements of "facts", when they aren't facts at all.

You have no clue if the fires in Russia are being started by dissidents, Ukranian infiltrators, American assisted sappers, a drunk Russian smoking, or even a pissed off polar bear. Just like I don't know, for sure.

Two things I do know from watching countless Youtube videos of everyday people in Russia, ones JUST LIKE ME.

The majority don't think Russia should be at war with Ukraine, and they certainly don't have any hatred toward the Ukraine people. They know, as I know, (their ,my) government does not represent the people, anymore.

It is also painfully evident, from many videos, that outside Moscow, they might just GLADLY accept being a "modern day hell hole", whatever that means, instead of the "100 years behind, hell hole" that they are NOW!!!

There is a REASON that Russian soldiers' prime objective is to LIBERATE WASHING MACHINES!!

TRUTH, IT'S WHAT THIS WORLD NEEDS!

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Oh my, I told Boris not to burn those lorry tyres till after dark so no one could see the smoke. Is every little garden fire being put down to a Ukrainian attack or Russian dissidents?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join