It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In-depth news report on COVID-19 infections within China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2022 @ 05:25 PM
link   
On Thursday, December 22, 2022, the most comprehensive online news reporting on the apparent rise in COVID-19 infections in China comes from the Nobel Peace Prize-winning independent Filipino newspaper Rappler:

www.rappler.com...

Rappler today reports what looks to be rising new cases of COVID-19 infections in a number of major urban centers in China. WHO this week has begun to call for greater transparency in the reporting of COVID-19-related deaths in China. In response, China announced it is narrowing its definition of COVID-19 deaths.

Air travel from China to other countries continues without restrictions so far. India has just announced it will soon start some random rapid testing of incoming air passengers from China. As a US citizen, I sent a message today to our US Transportation Department Secretary, asking him to check with the US Coronavirus Task Force on any COVID-19 health screening that should be started for international travelers arriving at US airports.
edit on 12/22/2022 by Uphill because: Added a sentence.

posted on Dec, 22 2022 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Uphill

I've seen some recent videos from their hospitals. Overcapacity would be an understatement.
edit on 22 12 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2022 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Almost like lock downs are counter productive. Untested and untried immune systems that have been carefully locked away have suffered some atrophy I think.

by design or ignorance the path to hell is paved with good intent.

So the vaccine is working then? Or?

edit on 22-12-2022 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2022 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos -- types of vaccines offered vary a lot from country to country, as of December 2022. By now, each different vaccine administered around the world has as much as two years of data accumulated on the resulting level of human immune response, along with a lot of other data, like additional risk factors for human populations with already depressed immune systems, such as recovered cancer patients and recipients of solid organ transplants.

The COVID-19 vaccine being given in China achieves about a 50% immunity improvement in Chinese people who received that vaccine. It turns out that China is developing its mRNA vaccine for COVID-19 but it is not ready yet.

China's reluctance to provide more detailed reporting on its newly increased rate of COVID-19 infections is nothing new. In the early 20th century Spanish Flu pandemic, all countries except Spain censored news on infectious disease outbreaks because of the ongoing World War I at that time. Since then, some clinical evidence suggests the origin of that pandemic might have been in either the US Midwest or in Russia. But without more evidence from grave sites, that question may never be answered.

edit on 12/22/2022 by Uphill because: Changed a word.

posted on Dec, 22 2022 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Here's hoping December 2022 isn't a replay of December 2019.

If so, "Beware the Ides of March!"

Again.

posted on Dec, 22 2022 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos -- In addition, the non-profit US infectious disease organization CIDRAP publishes a twice-monthly podcast authored by Dr. Michael Osterholm, PhD, MD, a leading US epidemiologist. CIDRAP just prepared a transcript of that most recent podcast, in my link below. Dr. Osterholm speaks of entering pandemic phase 5 ... I didn't even know there are known and numbered pandemic phases, so I'm still learning a lot on that subject along with many others. Link:

www.cidrap.umn.edu...

posted on Dec, 22 2022 @ 06:15 PM
link   
All the world is a stage and your missing the performance I fear.

posted on Dec, 22 2022 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Uphill -- in somewhat related news, I heard back today from US writer Lawrence Wright, the author of the well-regarded book on Al Quaida's origins -- The Looming Tower. He tells me that he is thinking of writing a new book on COVID-19. He doesn't say whether it will be fiction or non-fiction. One of his books on COVID-19 is the novel The End Of October. I'm just re-reading that now. It seems to be much more readable and enjoyable now since more is known in 2022 about how the disease is transmitted, etc.

I told him that he may be able to take his time writing the new book, since Earth's last three probable viral pandemics lasted an average of 10-12 years in the pre-vaccination era. It seems likely to me that the current pandemic may endure close to that duration, because so many mis-steps were made in understanding how the disease was transmitted, making adequate masks available, preparing vaccines that included clinical trials data showing evidence of safety and effectiveness, making vaccines available across the world, etc., etc.

edit on 12/22/2022 by Uphill because: Added a word.

edit on 12/22/2022 by Uphill because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2022 @ 06:43 PM
link   
John M. Barry Is a name you should accustom yourself with. A historian who wrote a book on the Spanish flu pandemic. They lied then and they lie now. Lies always erode the trust of the population. If the population doesn’t trust the government it dose not matter if you eventually give them the truth they know better then to trust you. They lied about masks, to secure the proper ones for healthcare again a good intent on the path to hell. They lied about vaccine effectiveness and transmission. Even if you experts speak the truth now it’s based on a foundation of lies. I remember being told the vaccine stops transmission and all the other bells and whistle. No side effects either.

Now I know your going to say….”but they didn’t know!” Again then they should have said so instead of pretending their words weee absolute truth regarding the virus. If your don’t know say you don’t know it’s better then lying.

Now even if by some miracle the msm and governments started speaking nothing but the truth still no one would believe because the truth from the lips of a liar is useless.

posted on Dec, 22 2022 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I wonder if the predominant version of Covid 19 there is still the alpha or Delta? That would explain the increase in hospitalizations there. There are still some cases of Delta and alpha here but the Omicron which is less of a lung issue is pretty dominant here going around now.

posted on Dec, 22 2022 @ 10:35 PM
link   
you know, you have to wonder if the zero-covid policy just possibly created a sronger disease?

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 06:00 PM
link   
It amazes me that we’re in a replay of late 2019, yet no one seems to have noticed. Cases are massing in China, then Chinese New Year sees thousands of families returning to China to see family then they return to their home in other countries and boom, before you know it another covid tsunami is unfurling.

Just like the vague news reports of illness in China 3 years ago, then the growing urgency of reports as it tore through Italy, Spain, the U.K… we’re now experiencing the same political and media malaise.

Do tptb really not see the pattern, or does the recent announcement of the U.K. going into business with big pharma to produce hundreds of millions of vaccines every year for the next ten years betray a motive for allowing covid to get another foothold in the west?

There’s an awful lot of money to be made if Chinese New Year brings covid back to western shores.

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 05:07 PM
link   
And then there’s this…..source Times of Israel… dated Dec 24 2022… By TOI STAFF and AFP
Today, 7:23 pm

Report: 250 million Chinese infected with COVID in first 20 days of December

….” Leaked information from top health body suggest enormous gap between internal estimates and official data, as Beijing struggles with outbreak”….

….” Some 250 million people in China may have been infected with COVID-19 in the first 20 days of December, according to leaked figures from Beijing’s senior health officials reported by US media.”…..

👽
edit on 24-12-2022 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse -- to rickymouse and Toastman, regarding current or future development of new variants of concern in China as we go into 2023 (pandemic year 4), research sources outside of China have confirmed that China is continuing to send its viral samples to the international virus monitoring group GSAID, which it has been doing since the beginning of 2020. So there's that.

posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 08:42 AM
link   
The saga continues……dated December 25, 2022

……” Could the COVID-19 surge in China unleash a new coronavirus mutant on the world?

Scientists don’t know but worry that might happen. It could be similar to omicron variants circulating there now. It could be a combination of strains. Or something entirely different, they say.”……

Source The AP…. China’s COVID-19 surge raises odds of new coronavirus mutant ….(no need to signup)

………………………

Here’s a Hypothetical scenario…….

China will launch a second major wave of ICBM (Intercontinental Biological Mutations) missiles (domestic jet airliners) attacks (infections) on the United States and elsewhere, after the 2023 Chinese New Year. Each missile will carry multiple Covid Variants warheads (the passengers) in the hundreds. The missiles barrage (spread) will be continuous for days and nights after the Chinese New Years. Unless these incoming Covid missiles can be stopped at the ICBM missile launch sites (the airport’s) ….. the world will be attacked with more Covid decimation once again.

👽
edit on 29-12-2022 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join