It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researching 7G wifi, Found this...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 03:10 AM
link   
My new internet modem has Wifi 6 in it...

My first thought was "KEWL!"

I started researching about it, it seems like it's quite the interesting update to the technology.

Then I thought, hmm.. What about Wifi 7?

I came across this article from April, 2022...

What We Know About 7G After 5&6G

Now. I realize that Wifi 7 and 7G are not the same thing, but it popped up, so I gave it a read through and read this..

7G will have profound implications for public safety and in addressing critical issues such as:

Threat detection
Crime control
Mind reading
Health monitoring
Disaster preparedness
Gas and toxicity sensing
IoT device management

Is this really where we're heading? I can't find anything else about this "Mind reading" they mention.

Has anyone else come across this before? I'm hoping it doesn't really mean what I think it does (at first glance).

edit on 20-12-2022 by gspat because: Because - Words

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 03:25 AM
link   
This was in your link , "our story"

This was down the bottom.

We aim to deliver content covering innovations and the latest in tech and telecoms, narrated by our community of expert contributors, CEOs, digital trendsetters, and disruptors across different industries.

Sounds like Romulans to me

P

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: gspat

OK, first of all you are confusing two completely separate technologies.

"WiFi 6" is the wireless internet protocol defined by IEEE standard 802.11ax. It uses a few rather impressive technologies to allow piggybacking of signals to achieve a maximum theoretical throughput of around 9.6 Gb/s. By contrast, the 802.11n that I am still using (if it ain't broke, don't fix it) is sometimes referred to as "WiFi 4" and can theoretically go to 0.6 Gb/s.

Cellular communications are different; hence the 'G' at the end (that stands for "Generation"). We're at 5G now, which is essentially 4G (higher frequency than 3G) with capability to switch to one of two even higher frequency bands if one is close enough to a cell tower. Essentially, unless you are looking directly at a cell tower, there is no difference between 4G and 5G.

6G is in the works, but the specifics of how it will work are not yet known. 7G? Well, each Generation of cellular communications builds on the Generation before it; if it did not, then there could be no backward compatibility and that shiny new 7G phone (when available) would be useless on a 5G/6G network. That's not good PR. So until we have at least specifications for 6G, any speculation about 7G is simply that: wild speculation.

I looked at your link and I saw your concern. Yes, the author is saying things like "mind control" will be possible with this futuristic imagery known as 7G. But who is this author? I knew nothing about Karim Husami, so I decided to take a look:

Journalist for 8 years in print media, with a bachelor degree in Political Science and International Affairs. Masters in Media communications.

Degrees in Political Science and Media Communications?

Media Communications is not the same as Communications, btw. It's a liberal arts degree, not a science degree, similar to Political Science. Despite the name, Political Science is not a scientific degree... it's a liberal arts degree. There is no science involved. It's the same with Media Communications. Fancy names to look good on useless resumes.

In short, Karim Husami is a wanna be politician/journalist working his dues writing about stuff he has no technical concept of. He's a "futurist," a person who dreams about what the future might look like and has convinced someone to pay them for it. I will give kudos... some of the stuff he wrote is quite "out there" and likely will catch a lot of attention, and that is the mark of a "good" journalist: get attention no matter the cost.

I wouldn't worry too much. Congrats on being 802.11ax ready, btw. I doubt you'll see much benefit for now, as both the router and any devices that use it must follow the same protocol. The advantage will be in the future as the "latest and greatest" devices come out.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

OK, first of all you are confusing two completely separate technologies.

"WiFi 6" is the wireless internet protocol defined by IEEE standard 802.11ax. It uses a few rather impressive technologies to allow piggybacking of signals to achieve a maximum theoretical throughput of around 9.6 Gb/s. By contrast, the 802.11n that I am still using (if it ain't broke, don't fix it) is sometimes referred to as "WiFi 4" and can theoretically go to 0.6 Gb/s.

Cellular communications are different; hence the 'G' at the end (that stands for "Generation"). We're at 5G now, which is essentially 4G (higher frequency than 3G) with capability to switch to one of two even higher frequency bands if one is close enough to a cell tower. Essentially, unless you are looking directly at a cell tower, there is no difference between 4G and 5G.

6G is in the works, but the specifics of how it will work are not yet known. 7G? Well, each Generation of cellular communications builds on the Generation before it; if it did not, then there could be no backward compatibility and that shiny new 7G phone (when available) would be useless on a 5G/6G network. That's not good PR. So until we have at least specifications for 6G, any speculation about 7G is simply that: wild speculation.

I looked at your link and I saw your concern. Yes, the author is saying things like "mind control" will be possible with this futuristic imagery known as 7G. But who is this author? I knew nothing about Karim Husami, so I decided to take a look:

Journalist for 8 years in print media, with a bachelor degree in Political Science and International Affairs. Masters in Media communications.

Degrees in Political Science and Media Communications?

Media Communications is not the same as Communications, btw. It's a liberal arts degree, not a science degree, similar to Political Science. Despite the name, Political Science is not a scientific degree... it's a liberal arts degree. There is no science involved. It's the same with Media Communications. Fancy names to look good on useless resumes.

In short, Karim Husami is a wanna be politician/journalist working his dues writing about stuff he has no technical concept of. He's a "futurist," a person who dreams about what the future might look like and has convinced someone to pay them for it. I will give kudos... some of the stuff he wrote is quite "out there" and likely will catch a lot of attention, and that is the mark of a "good" journalist: get attention no matter the cost.

I wouldn't worry too much. Congrats on being 802.11ax ready, btw. I doubt you'll see much benefit for now, as both the router and any devices that use it must follow the same protocol. The advantage will be in the future as the "latest and greatest" devices come out.

TheRedneck

This isn't entirely accurate; 5g cellular has been in the cards since before 3g came out. We've known about millimeter wave band for a long time, and we also knew it would be essentially LOS. The tech is there, the infrastructure isn't. 7 G is already planned, specifications nearly worked out; as we await infrastructure on 5 and 6g to hit.

Bro; we talk to probes in the ORT cloud. Communication technology has existed for what seems like eternity as we wait for the economics and the powers that be to allow it to trickle down.

There are social implications to this tech too, we can't have the stuff that might disturb the natural ebb and flow of the status quo.

7g has been detailed to include A.I. as it's back bone. Deep learning, AGI, "Mind Reading" are listed planned features of 7th generation technology.

The big question is what do they mean by mind reading? AGI's and Deep Learning A.I.'s use prediction based upon gigantic datasets that can predict the next word in a sentence, or the next question to be asked etc.

I don't believe A.I. will really be able to read minds, but if they succeed at moving us into digital currency, the A.i. will know everything about you, and use that data to extrapolate potentials it thinks you could be thinking, which might have an accuracy rating in the ball park of 60 to 90 percentile.

It's definitely scary. I actually can't believe there isn't more discussion about Transhumanism, robotics, and AGI's. This stuff is coming REALLY fast and is going to radically change the world we live in, more so than any other emergent technology changed any preceding society.

AGI stands for Artificial General Intelligence. This is the next generation of A.I. where the computer is essentially conscious and making it's own decisions autonomously.
edit on 20-12-2022 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 09:15 AM
link   

It means exactly what you think it means. The amounts of data is then big enough to scan and transfer your electromagnetic brain activity as a readable map.

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: SRPrime

Communication technology has existed for what seems like eternity as we wait for the economics and the powers that be to allow it to trickle down.

My post-grad Minor is in Communication.

The methodology used to implement cellular signal, WiFi, and long-range communication links is completely different. Different frequencies have different advantages and disadvantages in transmission range and data speed. I can't go into all that is wrong with your assumptions here (it is literally a University program), but suffice it to say that the differences between the three are vast. They may work on the same physical principles, but the similarity ends there.

Each protocol has its own digital footprint and control codes embedded to enable the data to be transmitted. That's how we are able to use the same frequencies to send and receive cellular and WiFi data to and from multiple devices simultaneously. Those protocols are what separate each from the other, and also separate the various levels from each other. For instance, the cellular headers haven't changed much between 3G and 5G, but the frequencies have changed considerably. 3G signals can cover more range than 4G/5G, but 3G frequencies cannot contain as much data as 4G, and 4G frequencies cannot carry as much data as 5G at close range.

The Voyager probes do not use as high a frequency as either WiFi or cellular, but they do use a specific band that exhibits lower noise than others. That allows the gain to be increased without the signal being undecipherable due to signal/noise ratios. The bandwidth is increased for the same reason. On earth, there is so much potential interference from competing frequencies that the bandwidth must be much tighter and that reduces range considerably.

As for AI (or AGI), there is no such thing. Computers are machines. They move data between memory locations, registers, peripherals, and the ALU; that's all they do, but they do it extremely fast. Programming is the art of making those simple procedures into something that is intuitive enough and advanced enough to appear "intelligent" in order for us to be better able to utilize it. A computer cannot achieve consciousness by any means we are aware of at this time.

I get it; it's fun to think about what if a computer could actually think. And we all have a history of imagining thinking machines... from Rosie on The Jetsons to the Robot from Lost in Space, media has long dreamed of such a thing. But dreaming about it doesn't make it real.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I get it; it's fun to think about what if a computer could actually think. And we all have a history of imagining thinking machines... from Rosie on The Jetsons to the Robot from Lost in Space, media has long dreamed of such a thing. But dreaming about it doesn't make it real.

So I have assistance in putting down the mythical "AI" ,
Nothing nut a marketing ploy just like the "Cloud".
Both live in the imagination of the unknowing .

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Here's a thread that showed up on ATS a few weeks ago. It includes an interesting video interview with Robert Duncan, a scientist that used to work for DARPA on electronic warfare technologies.

In this interview Robert Duncan touches on some of the technology that could be used to read and manipulate minds.

Harvard Scientist Exposes CIA Mind Control Weapons Still Being Used Today | Len Ber & Robert Duncan

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 01:06 PM
link   
This topic reminded me about a thing I had heard about called the Internet of Bodies.

Here's a couple of links on the subject:

Internet of Bodies: Our Connected Future

IoB devices can track, record, and store users' whereabouts, bodily functions, and what they see, hear, and even think. These devices vary greatly in how they are used—some are freestanding, such as infusion pumps and sensor-equipped hospital beds; others are wearable, such as health trackers and prosthetics; and others are implanted, such as cardiac devices and ingestible digital pills.

I encourage people to look over what is written about, body-implanted sensors, brain-computer interfaces, and wearable neuro-devices.

IoB devices can track, record, and store users' whereabouts, bodily functions, and what they see, hear, and even think. These devices vary greatly in how they are used—some are freestanding, such as infusion pumps and sensor-equipped hospital beds; others are wearable, such as health trackers and prosthetics; and others are implanted, such as cardiac devices and ingestible digital pills.

The above article covers a range of general IoB topics, as well as getting into some privacy, security, and ethics concerns.

I can already imagine people saying, "what's the concern with sharing your thoughts and bio-metrics, if you have nothing to hide."

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 06:41 PM
link   

It probably means your imminent arrest for precrime.

posted on Dec, 22 2022 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

You know, I have a friend who went through University with me. He used to try and tell me all about AI and how it was going to take over the world... until he went through the "Embedded Microcontrollers" class. Suddenly he realized that those chips are just simple machines surrounded by a lot of mystique. I think it happened about the time he watched me program one for a game demo we were building.

We still laugh about that sometimes.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 22 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Gothmog

You know, I have a friend who went through University with me. He used to try and tell me all about AI and how it was going to take over the world... until he went through the "Embedded Microcontrollers" class. Suddenly he realized that those chips are just simple machines surrounded by a lot of mystique. I think it happened about the time he watched me program one for a game demo we were building.

We still laugh about that sometimes.

TheRedneck

I always laugh when someone mentions AI .
All one has to do is look at the "AI" in games and how it works.
1s and 0s flowing through tiny little gates .
ALl it is in the background is a very complicated web crawler .
edit on 12/22/22 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join