It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans have a plan — to hold America hostage over the debt ceiling yet again

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: jerryznv

Republicans have a plan — to hold America hostage over the debt ceiling yet again

that's a good thing for the simple fact if they ain't getting no money, then the IRS can't hire any goons for slo joe.

sounds like a win for the little people.

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Less Money Spent overseas and on Illegals coming into America = MAGA-AF.

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Someone wants to stop Biden's way way out of control spending and looting of the treasury? Thought I would never again see that happen.

Seems like a good thing...it's about time someone does!

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

Tell me something I don't know.

Tell us how you interpret the article, or mis interpret 😎

You might be on the wrong up-side-down tangent 😎

And don't let your amygdala percolate 😎

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

They've already gave them 80 billion and are hiring 87,000 new agents, which they said over 50% will be used for enforcement.
This is another 12.5 billion on top of what they've already been given.

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I remember my first beer. In case you missed it, you sound like a drunk child.

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Meh, it's what the Republicans do. They are incapable of leading so they just obstruct whenever they can.

Nothing will come of this; they'll buckle at the last minute. They also always do that.

Posturing for air time.

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Are the Progressives really going back to the cutting SS funds route?

legislative terrorism

This is a new one. Nothing will become of any of this because there is no real leadership. Hell, they have not balanced or passed a real budget on time since 1996. Let that sink in. They keep passing a Continuing Resolution to keep it going. Congress pretends to argue, they rubber stamp it and it creates a yearly newscycle now.

The only time in recent memory this worked correctly is when 45 threatened to take the heat when he told Schumer he was going to close the government. And he did. For 3 days and then it got worked out. The headlines made is sound like he was bankrupting the country.

1996....Almost 30 years
edit on Decam31amf0000002022-12-19T11:15:24-06:001124 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Meh, it's what the Republicans do. They are incapable of leading so they just obstruct whenever they can.

Nothing will come of this; they'll buckle at the last minute. They also always do that.

Posturing for air time.

Considering the Democrats are the oldest of the two parties and have spent more time in power...I think it speaks volumes to look at the condition of the country under Democratic leadership!!!

Maybe nothing will come of this...that would be a tragedy...again!

You need to come up for air at some point...oxygen deprivation sets in quick with your head buried in the sand!

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 01:50 PM
link   

The Democrats have spent more time in power because the majority of voters keep electing them. The US is broken because of the voters.

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

The Democrats have spent more time in power because the majority of voters keep electing them. The US is broken because of the voters.

I don't know if that holds water today with the rampant voter fraud happening everywhere in every election!

If it is in fact voter fraud (or collusion, ballot machine malfunctions, etc...) then the voters are kind of getting screwed IMO!

The U.S. is broken because of criminals in high places breaking things...bull in the China shop scenario!

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Close. The US is broken because the Progressives know how to control the voters. The Republican Party is a secondary party and always has been. It has had other names but the current Republicans are the longest in the same party. The difference I have always seen is this.

You have Rich Progressives who run and win. Make promises and keep making them to get re-elected. This enables them, the elected official to keep making money on the backs on the poor and middle class.

Republicans come and go for the most part. Most times due to redistricting. Unless they are part of a political dynasty and those are about all gone. There is a strong changing of the guard. Hopefully the days of the McCains and Romney posing are becoming a thing of the past. Who would have ever thought that a former Republicans daughter how is a republican herself back a Democrat and donate to them. It has always been there we are just in bad times.

Bitcoin is the first to fall. A lot of people invested in it and they lost a their savings. 401k's are tanking to the point people cannot retire.

What does Congress do? Tries to sneak in aid to Ukraine in budgeting.

We are farked.....

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 05:59 PM
link   

2 OBLIGATED AMOUNT
$9.0 Trillion
Data as of September 30, 2

Someone wants to stop Biden's way way out of control spending and looting of the treasury? Thought I would never again see that happen.

just 2022,
spending

Text

nothing to see here.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Actually, I am not sure if the GOP is even a genuine political party anymore. Seems more a label, or brand, and a broken one at that.

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 11:48 AM
link   

1.21.2023 Update

Donald Trump warns and advises House GOP, regarding the big Budget Deficit fight they're having with Democrats.

MUST READ – (former) President Trump Warns Congress Not to Touch Social Security and Medicare, for a Good Reason. He’s The One Who Can Fix Them.

President Trump transmitted a video message to congress this week, warning them not to cut Social Security and Medicare [Direct Rumble Link].

Many politicians and pundits will look at Trump’s position from the perspective of it being a good position to campaign on for older voters, but that’s not the core of his reasoning.

In 2016 CTH was the first place to evaluate the totality of President Trump’s economic policies; specifically, as those policies related to the entitlement programs around Social Security and Medicare.

We outlined how the approach Trump was putting forth and the way he was approaching the issue. In the years that followed, he was right.

He was creating a U.S. economy that could sustain all of the elements the traditional political class were calling “unsustainable.”
Continued at: theconservativetreehouse.com... son-hes-the-one-who-can-fix-them/

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join