It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you a writer or want to be? Found a new source for you!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 12:48 PM
link   
A few years back, before and during the 2016 POTUS election, I was working as a Conservative journalist for a few Conservative websites. They do not exist anymore and that is an entirely different topic in and of itself. They were all owned by one person and she asked me to write for her. I was not a 'writer'. Especially of articles - that people would read and *gasp* maybe critique!!
I wrote papers in schools. Reports for work. I had not even blogged my thoughts ever. I commented in the comment sections of news articles, places like here and in Facebook groups. And that is where she found me. Responding to her articles. And she thought I was good enough to write articles on her sites and be paid for it. BTW, she ended up being my neighbor. Never underestimate how small this world is.

It was a fun job, but because of the time period, very stressful as you can imagine. Trump vs. Hilary was the biggest topic. There were other huge topics going on - that have disappeared altogether or evolved into other things. But I got burnt out after he was elected. Then things happened and those sites I wrote on - were gone. Again, another topic for another time.

I am a huge fan of Jordan Peterson. The other day, I saw him talk about a new project he is involved in. I think it is brilliant, because he is brilliant. So, I wanted to share it with others who currently write, used to write or would love to write. Whether it be here, on your own blog or freelance somewhere online. Maybe I will find some time and pick it back up somehow, somewhere. I have a lot to write about. Time is always the problem....isn't it for most?

His project is called Essay.App.

You don't need another autocorrect.
Stop being told what to fix and start learning how to write.
Take your rough ideas and craft them into powerful words.

I found this a few weeks back. Saved the site. Forgot about it. Then I watched this video and thought, as usual, brilliant from a brilliant mind.

Jordan Peterson - Write about something that bothers you
NOTE: This is an instagram video. If you do not have Instagram and cannot view it, you can go here and paste the url and download the video

I hope this helps someone.
edit on 2022 by shaemac because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 06:47 PM
link   
thanks
I have a basic blog about cycling around Japan. Not really a writer or photographer, but I want to improve my writing skills to be more informative. Again, thanks.

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: shaemac
Jordon Peterson? The newest great Crime Minister Benjamin Netanyu shill maverick?

Thanks but no thanks. It does not take brilliance to write about what makes you mad, it takes common sense.

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: McGuyver2point0
a reply to: shaemac
Jordon Peterson? The newest great Crime Minister Benjamin Netanyu shill maverick?

Thanks but no thanks. It does not take brilliance to write about what makes you mad, it takes common sense.

So, you have never listened to anything about him....know nothing about him.
Of course not. He interviews all kinds of people. Even people he completely disagrees with on every level. But probably over your head to listen...

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 12:01 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

join