It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN scraps HLN’s live programming as cost-cutting moves continue at Warner Bros. Discovery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 08:50 AM
link   

HLN, a CNN sister network formally known as Headline News, will terminate all live programming as part of CNN’s ongoing layoffs and budget cuts.

CNN’s cost-cutting efforts mark the end of HLN’s live programming, such as "Morning Express with Robin Meade," Fox News Digital has confirmed. HLN is expected to air a simulcast of CNN’s Don Lemon-centered morning show in its place.

CNN scraps HLN’s live programming as cost-cutting moves continue at Warner Bros. Discovery

CNN is shutting down HLN's live broadcasts.

wow. end of an era.

CNN programming was so liberal and ponderous I stopped watching years ago, but I did watch some HLN to get basic info.

and yes, Robin Meade is very beautiful and watchable.

CNN says no more live programming. they'll either scrap HLN or turn it into another dreary 'reality' channel showing crime documentaries.

hope the staff there lands on their feet.

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Like you I stopped watching anything CNN several years ago... I will not even click on one of the youtube videos as most of their stuff IMO is just propaganda.

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

broadcast /cable TV sucks more and more everyday, and cost way to much. sad part is streaming is starting to get the same way.
cable bill plus all the premium plans eat you up just as bad, cause you have to get so many to find the good shows.

edit on 2-12-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I still like CNN.com for those writer's insider scoops and angles on stories.

The way this story is written makes it easy to understand and there are no animated ads distracting from the reading.

Example: www.cnn.com...

JustTheNews.com is plain and on-point like that too. But the writers often make several grammatical errors.

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Really liked HLN when it first started. It had a specific purpose and was great. What it turned into, however.....

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Just the news looks pretty good.

My problem with most of these news site, it's all politics, all the time. I am more in5erested in other type news like about economics and such.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
Really liked HLN when it first started. It had a specific purpose and was great. What it turned into, however.....

Yes, I kind of liked the idea that there was one channel that was literally "news", and all the punditry and commentary was on another. That didn't last very long.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Economic news is best done by investor geared outlets. For investors, politics takes a back seat. It’s still talked about and important as it can have an impact, but it’s delivered with less emotion since that group seems to be a matter of fact type.

That’s not to say it’s without it’s bias, plenty of people in that space try to shill their bags. But you can pick up on it just like bias in “regular” news.

Market watch is a pretty decent aggregator… though, the stories there aren’t going to be broad economic stories, some will but most have a specific aim or stock.

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   
as of this morning HLN was simulcasting CNN's early programming

new topics

top topics

join