It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media frets about Musk, Ignores the Real National Security Threat: TikTok

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 08:10 AM
link   
This article was written by The Washington Times. That site now requires a subscription but that even a story was even written about Tick Tok during the days of the Biden Administration is a big deal. To me it is.

The Chinese Communist Party's massive surveillance project thrives in Biden's U.S.

Media frets about Musk, Ignores the Real National Security Threat: TikTok

Free speech absolutist Elon Musk has the mainstream media terrified. After Mr. Musk purchased Twitter, laid off half the social media network’s workforce, and reinstated formerly banned accounts (like those of former President Donald Trump and Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene), the barons of the press became unhinged at the notion that they would no longer be able to control the narrative. They framed their coverage as the dangerous spread of “misinformation” and warned that dissenting points of view aired in the digital square are a grave threat to democracy.

I have been following Musk for several years. I believe that hes trying to do the right thing for the USA. In spite of the massive layoffs post his purchase of Twitter were the layoffs related to those who didn't want to show up at the workplace as he pined about for months?

I also found it interesting that many of those in the USA MSM began to trash, ridicule and mock Musk exactly what they did to Trump and many other Republicans. Yet the Democrats for some reason get a free pass? So look at this which was reported in another thread

FBI chief says shadowy Chinese police stations in the US are 'outrageous' and he's 'very concerned'

That's my observation in just watching TV along with reading. OK, so there are stories about Biden but they seem to spin it such as to make it a soft cartoon article and tone down what he said. Sure they report on it but soft ball the deep who, what and where.

OK, so your still on the fence with Tic Tok? So read this! [NOTE: Mozilla Firefox link is 404ed! Use Google!]

Yes, TikTok Has A Serious China Problem—Here’s Why You Should Be Concerned

There was an irony to the news on June 7 that TikTok was exiting Hong Kong. Its name joined those of Facebook, Google and Twitter, and then Microsoft and Zoom, as major U.S. platforms announced a rethink of their operations in the territory as its new national security law came into force. It was as if they were all the same—but the truth was very different. TikTok’s decision had nothing to do with the security concerns cited by others and everything to do with its Chinese ownership. In that moment, the carefully constructed shield around TikTok had fractured. It doesn’t actually matter whether the Chinese Communist Party influences TikTok owner ByteDance, as the U.S. alleges, or not. China, in this instance, is China. The U.S. government has been waiting for an opportunity to act. That opportunity has presented itself in the last week. There’s a U.S. election coming up, set against the backdrop of a worsening stand-off between Washington and Beijing. The U.S. cannot afford to let this opportunity pass by unused—and it won’t.

Communists really don't play nice in the sand box.

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 08:21 AM
link   
What do you think would have happend if
Musk sacks just the So called Woke?
or the democratic?

He will Still have enemy combatants in is base!

TikTok? the democratic are helping them.

edit on 24-11-2022 by buddha because: why not

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: buddha

I get it as can you tell me the difference between a WOKE, Liberal Democrat or a Communist. Seem like there all the same?

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass
I saw your headline and laughed 😂😂😂
National security threat tik tok 😂
The world is in serious need of help

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The real question is why have the 210 US media markets resigned to be dominanted by the top three?

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hiram33

A camera in everyone's home is something straight out of 1984.

Top western lawmakers and military personnel have kids/grandkids and so a good majority have a chines spying device roaming around them.

Just like Google and Facebook; Tick-Tock has a large influence on the content the next western generation consums.
edit on 24-11-2022 by dandandat2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Hiram33

So your more intelligent than an FCC Commissioner? Why is it you have NEVER written a THREAD here on ATS. Compromised?

This story is plastered all over the Internet and I find it strange that ATS allows you to be here unless..........

We have UNCLE and we have some bad chips

edit on 24-11-2022 by Waterglass because: add

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 10:51 AM
link   
zukaberg, all the 'gl0blists' who own the media, are all c0mmunists as well.
all working for the bad guys.

tik--tok no better no worse than fbb.

posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
What do you think would have happend if
Musk sacks just the So called Woke?
or the democratic?

He will Still have enemy combatants in is base!

TikTok? the democratic are helping them.

12/29/2022

AS SUSPECTED...it looks like Corrupt Government Officials and the Mainstream Legacy Media WORKED TOGETHER to hide information, promote harmful information, incite fear, damage politicians....all the crazy things we've seen (and not seen) over the past 8 years, or so.

Twitter Owner ELON MUSK hints that these bombshell revelations are forthcoming.

Source: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 06:44 AM
link   

now that the tiny hands orange bad man has been out of office for two years. it's alright to say and do things he said and was doing, cause most of the dem ones have for gotten and they think the rest of level headed folks have a low attention span and won't remember that he said and was doing it /them first.

posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2

originally posted by: Hiram33

A camera in everyone's home is something straight out of 1984.

Top western lawmakers and military personnel have kids/grandkids and so a good majority have a chines spying device roaming around them.

Just like Google and Facebook; Tick-Tock has a large influence on the content the next western generation consums.

Well I mean; google nest's and amazon sidewalk, and every phone has a camera and so on and so forth.

We are well beyond 1984. I don't see how TikTok is getting anything that isn't already available. TikTok is no different than Instagram reels or YouTube Shorts. Why is one the enemy, while the others are acceptable? It's not like anything on these platforms is hidden outside of DM's, but -- who's doing National Security business on TikTok DM's? If China can get any value out of the DM's of TikTok, we're already doing something wrong, no?

I'd say it's a revenue platform; they do make money off of people promoting content on it, so the only risk here is giving money to the CCP through back channels. If this is the national security threat, then we need to focus on TenCent, because there is so much more money going to the CCP through the video game and movie industry.

TikTok is small potatoes. So either we have an issue or we don't, if we do; then it all has to go, not just the baby fish.

posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Tc tacs algorithm or whatever you wanna call it freaks me out a little..I have intentionally stayed away from it..ATS is bad enough..I do not want to see what kind of weird crap would be recommended based on what I had subconsciously shown interest in…No thanks..I value what little sanity I have left…Really not wanting to know that some AI has decided that Im unfit for the human race...

posted on Jan, 1 2023 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

That will be their downfall. Its the #1 mistake among all mankind. To assume that all are just like you in both thought, practice and performance.

Covid-19 and the weirdness is also turning off the 20 somethng's Generation Stuck

top topics

join