It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Randall Carson & Graham Hancock on the JRE show

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I never particularly liked the books I have read by Hancock, maybe the one about the arc of the covenant was interesting, but the other ones to me were boring.

But he and others' ideas have been enhanced by the Gobekli Tepe archeological discoveries that go back 11 000 years, way beyond what conventional archelogy claimed existed.

Discovered by German archaeologist Klaus Shmidt in 1994, Göbekli Tepe has challenged what we thought we knew about archaeology and early human civilizations. When archeologists concluded that it was built between the 10th and 9th millennium BC, it became the oldest and largest megalithic site in the world. For reference, this makes Göbekli Tepe roughly 7,000 years older than Stonehenge and the Great Pyramid of Giza.

Because of what society believed at the time of Göbekli Tepe’s discovery, mainstream archaeologists attributed the construction of this massive site to the neolithic hunter gatherers native to Southeastern Turkey. However, the architectural techniques used in the building of Göbekli Tepe are comparable to those of the Pyramids of Egypt, which indicates that the constructors had at least a basic knowledge of math and geometry—not to mention the ability to lift stones up to 20 tons. While Göbekli Tepe may not be as flashy and aesthetic as the Pyramids —largely because it is currently underground and not driving a country’s lucrative tourism industry—the fact remains that it represents a major anomaly in the world of anthropology and archaeology that should be examined through a lens of cautious but profound curiosity. According to Schmidt, Göbekli Tepe “provides a chapter of humanity we did not know of before.”

link

And there are even older sites discovered in other parts of Turkey and Indonesia.

I wasn’t surprised since conventional archeology has always been arrogant and dogmatic without any justification. Whenever they claim something is the oldest, someone discovers an older culture, yet they still stubbornly hold on to much of their disproven dogma about the past.

One can’t blame people like Hancock and Carson since conventional archelogy has been wrong so many times.
That, of course, doesn’t mean their theories are accurate either---hopefully, some science can come from theories soon.

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: peaceinoutz
I never particularly liked the books I have read by Hancock, maybe the one about the arc of the covenant was interesting, but the other ones to me were boring.

But he and others' ideas have been enhanced by the Gobekli Tepe archeological discoveries that go back 11 000 years, way beyond what conventional archelogy claimed existed.

Conventional archaeology found, excavated and reported Gobekli Tepe - how would they have known of it before they found it?

Discovered by German archaeologist Klaus Shmidt in 1994, Göbekli Tepe has challenged what we thought we knew about archaeology and early human civilizations. When archeologists concluded that it was built between the 10th and 9th millennium BC, it became the oldest and largest megalithic site in the world. For reference, this makes Göbekli Tepe roughly 7,000 years older than Stonehenge and the Great Pyramid of Giza.

Because of what society believed at the time of Göbekli Tepe’s discovery, mainstream archaeologists attributed the construction of this massive site to the neolithic hunter gatherers native to Southeastern Turkey. However, the architectural techniques used in the building of Göbekli Tepe are comparable to those of the Pyramids of Egypt, which indicates that the constructors had at least a basic knowledge of math and geometry—not to mention the ability to lift stones up to 20 tons. While Göbekli Tepe may not be as flashy and aesthetic as the Pyramids —largely because it is currently underground and not driving a country’s lucrative tourism industry—the fact remains that it represents a major anomaly in the world of anthropology and archaeology that should be examined through a lens of cautious but profound curiosity. According to Schmidt, Göbekli Tepe “provides a chapter of humanity we did not know of before.”

link

I wasn’t surprised since conventional archeology has always been arrogant and dogmatic without any justification. Whenever they claim something is the oldest, someone discovers an older culture, yet they still stubbornly hold on to much of their disproven dogma about the past.

One can’t blame people like Hancock and Carson since conventional archelogy has been wrong so many times.
That, of course, doesn’t mean their theories are accurate either---hopefully, some science can come from theories soon.

Not quiet following you, of course the theories change - do you not expect them too? That is how science work. You seem to be mad that they are discovering new things and revamping old theories - which is exactly what they are suppose to be doing. Archaeology isn't 'wrong' they are limited to basing their theories on existing evidence. Until GT was found how would they have known it was there?

Graham and Carson are also very wrong about things in his first book he said an ancient civilization was located in the Antarctica and pointed to a bunch of bogus, fake or misinterpret evidence, like the Piri Reis map.

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

Conventional archaeology found, excavated and reported Gobekli Tepe - how would they have known of it before they found it?

I’m talking about their dogma.
No one criticizes the methodology of archeology but its interpretations of the findings and lack of open-mindedness.

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I’m talking about their dogma.
No one criticizes the methodology of archeology but its interpretations of the findings and lack of open-mindedness.

What dogma? Open mindedness to vast amount of fringe speculation unsupported by evidence?

Okay what should Archaeologist do when GH claims there was an advanced civilization in North America in x time frame and for which absolutely no archaeological evidence exist but at the same time evidence for the Native American cultures do?

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Graham and Carson are also very wrong about things in his first book

Graham and Randall have very different styles of research but have come together based on the evidence they have discovered independetly... How is that not what advancing the sicence is all about?

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnInvisibleCorner

Graham and Carson are also very wrong about things in his first book

Graham and Randall have very different styles of research but have come together based on the evidence they have discovered independetly... How is that not what advancing the sicence is all about?

The don't really do research, they fund nothing, they look at fringe websites, TV and youtube and cherry pick those items they can use to support whatever their current theory is.

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Again.. You seem to be assuming they are the sane person without looking into it yourself.

I might agree thats what the author Graham Hancock does to sell his book But Randall has spent decades putting boots on the ground trying to figure out and explain how the below geological formations form.

i

catastrophism was widely execpted before gradualism took over.... Ths concensus could change again.

edit on 26-11-2022 by AnInvisibleCorner because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I’m not talking about ancient alien-type nonsense.

It is well-known and documented that mainstream science, including archeology, is often resistant to new ideas.

posted on Nov, 27 2022 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Again.. You seem to be assuming they are the sane person without looking into it yourself.

I might agree thats what the author Graham Hancock does to sell his book But Randall has spent decades putting boots on the ground trying to figure out and explain how the below geological formations form.

I know a bit about geology and I've seen what Carlson is trying to say... and it's very clear that he hasn't bothered to open any books on geology or look at cross sections and drill cores.

The landscapes are well understood. He's trying to rewrite science based on... not knowing anything about the science. This is like handing your Tesla car over to a shaman from the Brazilian jungles. He's got no clue what he's seeing, and the context that he's got is from advertising - not from actually knowing anything about the subject.

posted on Nov, 27 2022 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I’m not talking about ancient alien-type nonsense.

It is well-known and documented that mainstream science, including archeology, is often resistant to new ideas.

Really did anyone scream and yell that Gobekli Tepe wasn't real? Did anyone demand that l'anse Aux meadows wasn't Norse after the paper was published?

You obviously don't understand how archaeology works. Who get tenure, grants, foundations, documentaries, text book deals, and fame? People who find new things. Resistance to new ideas when the evidence is up for interpretation or contradictory is what is suppose to happen. Clovis first remain the premier theory until over two decades when it was replaced - by new evidence before that it was hotly contested.

Resistance is expected. Pretty much everything I learned in college in regards to archaeology theory has been modified or completely overturned - that is the way it is suppose to be.

Evidence rules the roost.

posted on Nov, 27 2022 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AnInvisibleCorner

You seem to be trying to make the argument that catastrophes cause things to happen rapidly in regards to geology - yes they do, while you are upset that gradualism is still excepted as the major factor in geology? Is that correct?

Both are right.

posted on Nov, 27 2022 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune
You obviously don't understand how archaeology works. Who get tenure, grants, foundations, documentaries, text book deals, and fame? People who find new things. Resistance to new ideas when the evidence is up for interpretation or contradictory is what is suppose to happen. Clovis first remain the premier theory until over two decades when it was replaced - by new evidence before that it was hotly contested.

What amuses me is that people often say this... while discussing legitimate archaeological finds that ARE rewriting some of what we know.

Hardly a week goes by without some interesting archaeological find, yet people read those news bits and somehow it doesn't seem to fix in their minds that it's all done through archaeology.

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I"m not upset about it at all.

My view, also is that its a combination of both catastrophe and gradual change and maybe even other factors yet to be discovered or understood.

It has been an intersting journey, thank you and You too Byrd for bearing with me on it.

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I"m not upset about it at all.

My view, also is that its a combination of both catastrophe and gradual change and maybe even other factors yet to be discovered or understood.

It has been an intersting journey, thank you and You too Byrd for bearing with me on it.

Yes a mixture of slow process with occasional acts of madness.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join