It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need a Twitter embed tool on the toolbar please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Much like the youtube video id tool, isn't it time we brought in a twitter embed tool on the toolbar? With twitter becoming a main source of local information and news, would seem like a timely thing to do, and make threads better, less clicks to display info, etc. Other forums have this already. Just saying. If not that's fine, but thought I would ask...

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I Second this Request 😎

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
.... and make threads better, less clicks to display info, etc.

But....but.....the
would flow and the spice would not.

edit on 29/10/2022 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

You mean like a special quote button where you post the link and it pulls the comment from twitter?

Hm not sure what it would achieve. Do we really want to discuss single twitter comments on ATS?

Not against the idea, just questioning the usage.

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Not likely to happen TA. The proprietor hasn't shown any interest in fixing the problems we already have, let alone add something new. I'd say things are as good as they're going to get. Not a criticism, just an observation.

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I disagree mate .

I predict a massive influx of single twitter post with little to no input from the ATS user .

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Imagine the multiple pages of back and forth ego stroking that would manifest over OPs with no substance and just a tweet. ATS would probably just become a Tweet library.

How about instead people take the time to figure out where some Twitter user got their information from and talking about that instead of some yahoo's opinion?
edit on 29-10-2022 by AutomateThis1v2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

I would wager a safe bet that those about to make an exodus from Twitter because their bubble was burst, would wander on from this desert (to complete the Moses reference). We have loads of complaints of this being a right wing echo chamber (and also of being a special protected left wing echo chamber)…which means that there is a neutrality whether people see it or not.

I’m not sure I see the benefit posting a formatted frame of a Twitter post like a pic or video. Especially since you could just place the text inside external content tags [ ex ] and have the Twitter post url as the Source within those tags. Not as pretty, but gets the job done.

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Then why have the Youtube tool then? Same thing... we could also use ex tags for that to show a link. But with it, most videos can be watched from in thread, without going to Youtube to see it.

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 04:55 PM
link   
It's not true the new owner did nothing. In the early days we had support from an eager programmer that fixed stuff diligently and cared about the situation here. We got SSL encryption and some minor bugfixes. And the mods helped out a lot after the big crash in February, getting people setup with their lost accounts and for example transfering the writer status to my new account.

I see your point but a video is a time consuming element that takes attention away. That's why websites offer to integrate it so people do not wander off to youtube as a whole, especially for a forum where discussion is the MO.

Only a link to video and people would either not go through the hassle or get trapped in youtube loop and forget about the thread at all. I know it happens sometimes for me with ATS discord and ATS website.

This could be your argument to integrate twitter but the difference is that a tweet is not time consuming element.

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

There's plenty of lefties around here. They can't complain. 👎🏻

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 06:05 PM
link   

We need a Twitter embed tool on the toolbar please

Tweets are rarely used as a source .
As it should be .

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

Kinda the point I was making. But from what I have read, since Elon Musk bought Twitter and claims parity versus exclusion of conservative opinion (ending the left wing bubble) and will restore Trump’s account. And that is causing people to leave Twitter.

Myself, I hardly used it. Left it along with other social media at the height of the infighting over every last topic. Sadly, I see it here on ATS far too often. And that is a change that really needs to happen…a return to Civility and Decorum.

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Excellent suggestion.

Same TOS applies, not sure why just because it's a Tweet, is that different?

To ADD to the OP, not start one.

edit on 10/29/2022 by MykeNukem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I think keeping that cancer to a minimum on this site will keep it from becoming trash. I would sooner accept more ads than more twitter.

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Twitter is designed for short reads and short responses. IMO that would kill most in depth convos here. Besides, Twitter does tend to have a lot of "who cares" tweets. Fake news, and now biased politics since Musk took over. No thanks

new topics

top topics

join