It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pillars of Creation in mid-infrared

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 08:55 PM
link   
We have a new WEBB image of the Pillars of Creation, this time in mid-infrared.

NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope’s mid-infrared view of the Pillars of Creation strikes a chilling tone. Thousands of stars that exist in this region disappear – and seemingly endless layers of gas and dust become the centerpiece.

It's really cool to see space like that, without all the stars and just focusing on the clouds of interstellar dust.
webbtelescope.org...

[Edit] I reworked this image, swapping colour channels around to show cooler dust as blue, and warmer dust as yellow.

edit on 28-10-2022 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Nice pic... and equally enjoyable is your 're-worked' version.

We are living in interesting times.

Johnny

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Looks like it has some fur left on that paw. I wonder if some DNA like material structured that shape of creation? Like the frost leaves and grass that grow on our windows in the frost.

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Looks like it has some fur left on that paw. I wonder if some DNA like material structured that shape of creation? Like the frost leaves and grass that grow on our windows in the frost.

Chaos and fractal patterns exist at all scales. Frost leaves on the windows have probably much more in common with interstellar clouds of gas and dust than you realise.

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 12:48 AM
link   
A beautiful facet of reality, isolated and given form

a reply to: wildespace

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I gave you and a flag because I love this stuff but end of the day “NASA” changes the Color and aspects of so many things I love the Color’s but still have so many questions a reply to: wildespace

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Yearh web have now proved it can work, no go find some dyson spheres and alien cities.. thank you

I think it looks like a beaver going head first down into water, and we only see its bum and two legs and tail sticking up.

Oh OP perhaps you want to put the link to the full res picture in your story.
stsci-opo.org...
edit on 29-10-2022 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaneThinking
I gave you and a flag because I love this stuff but end of the day “NASA” changes the Color and aspects of so many things I love the Color’s but still have so many questions a reply to: wildespace

This is what it looks like in real colours. Lots of red/pink from ionised Hydrogen.

www.starshadows.com...

What questions do you have?

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Looks like something out of a From Software game

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Dementors pointing

top topics

join