It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where all the flowers have gone by the real BUFFY, the Vampire Slayer.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I talk in tongues. Mostly I talk with the words and songs of others. I don't write many of my own songs. Like Elvis I love to sing the songs I love by the people I love. They are my "Feast of Friends" to borrow from Jim Morrison's words,

"Wow, I'm sick of doubt
Live in the light of certain
South
Cruel bindings
The servants have the power
Dog-men and their mean women
Pulling poor blankets over
Our sailors

I'm sick of dour faces
Staring at me from the TV Tower

I want roses in
My garden bower; dig?
Royal babies, rubies
Must now replace aborted
Strangers in the mud
These mutants, blood-meal
For the plant that's plowed

They are waiting to take us into
The severed garden
Do you know how pale and wanton thrillful
Comes death on a stranger hour
Unannounced, unplanned for
Like a scaring over-friendly guest you've
Brought to bed

Death makes angels of us all
And gives us wings
Where we had shoulders
Smooth as raven's claws

No more money, no more fancy dress
This other Kingdom seems by far the best
Until its other jaw reveals incest
And loose obedience to a vegetable law

I will not go
Prefer a Feast of Friends
To the Giant family" ("Feast of friends" by Jim Morrison).

Yesterday I shared a song called "Universal Soldier" by the First Nation Cree Music Artist/Teacher Buffy Sainte Marie. That song educated me. It educated me again the other day. I had an even more powerful experience than ever before and I have listened to and sang that song probably a thousand times to feel Buffy in my soul, no other reason.

Buffy has drawn attention to "The Doctrine of Discovery" in her speeches these last years. She is now over eighty years old. I will let her words tell you about that, from the website:

www.democracynow.org...

from the transcript of the video there:

The most important thing — the most important missing element, I think, in world understanding of Indigenous people has to do with the fact that Indigenous people in this world suffer from a handicap that others don’t have to face. And it has to do with the Doctrine of Discovery, which is a 15th century papal bull. Think of it as a bulletin from the pope saying what God really wants. And what this thing says, the Doctrine of Discovery, it says that explorers coming from inhabited lands were instructed by the pope to invade, capture and subdue the inhabitants and to reduce their persons to perpetual slavery, and to appropriate to himself and his successors all of their lands, kingdoms, possessions and goods, and to convert them to his use and profit. And please, don’t say, “Oh, this is over. That’s the 15th century,” because it’s still on the books in U.S. law, Canadian law today. Even Ruth Bader Ginsburg used it to defeat the Oneida Tribe in 2005. So the Doctrine of Discovery is still a real living reality in the lives of Indigenous people throughout the world that has been colonized.

And, you know, the pope recently went to Edmonton, Canada. A lot of my relatives were there to see him. A lot of people turned out. And everybody was, you know, raising fists against the pope and the Catholic Church for the Doctrine of Discovery, but that’s really aiming at the wrong target, because the church has already done away with it. They’re not continuing to do that kind of invasion thing. There aren’t any more countries left, I guess, to invade. But what really needs to be done is people who are interested in this, instead of yelling at the church, we need to expunge it from the legal systems of each and every country where it still exists throughout the colonial world. Yes, the Catholics established it, but it’s up to modern nations to expunge it, to get rid of it, to make it go away.

She is telling us don't shake our fists at the current representatives of their own histories and all history. She is saying shake your fist at the DOCTRINE and wherever it exists. Remember Christ told us " H*A*T*E the sin and not the sinner".

As she says, the Catholic Church doesn't do any of that any longer, but it must account for the past. We all must account for the past. Who among us has not been oppressed? The wealthy have been oppressed, even slain in revolutions. Africa has been oppressed. Jews and Christians have been oppressed. The oppressed become the oppressor and the oppressor becomes the oppressed. Remember the song I posted yesterday "Where Have All the Flowers Gone"? In that song the loop of human behaviour is fully exposed. Look it up and it will educate you. If you have emotions it will make you weep quite literally. Buffy and Joan Baez particularly have voices that make me weep. They have a very special gift. Both older ladies now, but still with us. We should celebrate them for their world view and all they have tried to do for women and men. Both where practically banned and cancel cultured in the 1970s. They ruined Joan's marriage, sending her husband to prison on a silly charge related to behaviour that everyone was doing at the time, still doing and now is legal in most of America.

Especially if you are black, indigenous, minority persecuted and if you are powerful, seeing your beloved U.S destroyed by the new flow of people (migrants), PLEASE listen to Buffy's speech here. it will be a very important and educational experience. As you took from the First Nations the loop continues and others are coming still. It never stops because human migration has never stopped since we first set foot out of Africa. Migration is our history. You watch all those conspiracy vidoes that are hours long. Will you give First Nation Buffy just half an hour to tell you something that is VITAL ITAL to stop our world going to hell and destruction?

Buffy is my kind of Saint. To me she is a Saint of the highest order. She is the power that every First Nation person and aboriginal person can have. She is the power that every black and caucasian woman and man can have. Power is there for the taking. If everyone became a firework like this we would have solved 90% of the world's problems in one generation.

Here is Buffy's tongue for you. I love you Buffy Sainte Marie. You are my Teacher at the school of life always:

edit on 17-10-2022 by Tarantula777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarantula777
Picked by young girls, every one.
When will they ever learn?
When will they ever learn.

new topics

join