It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect or do I remember this paper towel dispenser name incorrectly?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Thrace

I recall Tork, but many of the Mandela stump me too.

Have you had any weird incidents lately where you are amazed you survived unhurt, like you dodged death?

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

No not really but most of the Mandela Effects that I remember are all of the original names of things. So if this has actually happened like CERN splitting a timeline then I think I'm from the original where Berenstein Bears existed, Fruit of the Loom had the cornucopia logo, JCPenney was JCPenny (I know JCPenny was the spelling because I spent countless days looking at the JCPenny Christmas catalog and my mom used to order all of my school clothes from there too... I have a lot of time spent with that publication) etc etc...

I feel very strongly that I am right that this used to say York... I know its also something very small and seemingly insignificant but I tend to notice small details all of the time.

posted on Aug, 25 2023 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Stuck on name one forgets its the same form investigating the form is it better or worse as a product?

The question whats in a name? Was just poetic. However being used for what is deemed justice(form) is too slow and pedantic.

Attached to individual consciousness whether it is right or wrong only shows attachment that dwells on the name instead of investigating the form.

After I noticed the first Mandela word or name? A child's cereal box appeared where no one eats it there... As the counter part of the change.

There are A lot of people that say "god" which is better thought of as; An individuals karma(((sanskrit)/kamma(pali es those two traditions that observe it directly have different cause and effect meaning although under it as law it has a different effect entirely yet the cause i the same being the lord of that entire path) works in mysterious ways. Noticing that change? One doesn't also exclaim "What the devil." Which is odd as that would dispel it.

Seeing the working s of karma is easy seeing that precpts will make things better and seeing that making them into commandments says there is no karma/kamma makes any effort self defeating... There is no possible way to know that lord that demands and it only does having made a pact to die for all of your causes meaning the command is forcing people to obey those precepts... Not accepting that lord is a key to practicing them oneself as that what the previously lord allows. The difference is once a week for the day by day commandment sort and once a month for the practice sort.

Why the union of those two people call god when they are one? Has to be taken as birthing parents is limiting when it is more likely they birth time since it is an illusory concept since they as one is and are inseparable.

So people keep going without waiting on the outcome having already achieved such a union them self, Realizing they are both a lord and a Bhramin at the same time and that union did not require any of her. She knows the same is true of her path and being a bhramini.

Here's the difference anyany relationship after such an achievement... only turns the world or resolves kama/kamma for it. Not doing that is self soothing from countless lifetimes from suffering meaning suffering is an illusion. Since it either resolves self or other karma/kamma when together as the fruit of that achievement.

What appears as hell is those demanding one or the other when the actual freedom or will comes after that achievement... You can't have it for them. Making those being pitiable and nothing more as it as if they are blind to where the lament of one lord to another lord was they dont know what they are doing since they are conditioned for it by society and culture.

Free from it is the only real way to see it... As wisdom can only say it no longer perform it meaning past and gone hence the arising of such an effect that can be noticed.

edit on 25-8-2023 by Crowfoot because: sp

posted on Aug, 25 2023 @ 02:26 PM
link   
No Mandela Effect.

posted on Aug, 25 2023 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

In reality that effect is; An African anchor baby with an American anchor baby. One of those is Nelson Mandela and one of those is Morgan Freeman.

Those that know that Bearenstein Bears was Bearenstein Bears.

Don't have to change any more than; Pronouncing harassment phonetically as; Harris-ment needed too.

What we the people have with that? Is a very stupid political period of executive branch and judicial branch forcing their poor judgment into our mouths. To keep a poor judgment relevant and it isn't... Other than more than those two idiots have done such a thing in the history of America that have had no such hearing to their case... Meaning it is a stall not a furtherance of justice for those still seeking a verdict in there's so having to be reminded every time that word is said is a sort of verbal terrorism purposefully manufactured. Trying to absolve the freedom of speech of Americans means it is treasonous.

Why would anyone ever want to support such an idiocracy that wants such idiosyncrasy to occur in the population that have never even heard to the cse or would even care about it unless such a thing directly effected them.

The very concept that a gag order outside of remaining silent in a court room... Can legally occur? Where there can be punitive damages as if the case was not settled as never leaving the court room as contempt? Means a dismissal of such a case and appears as a continuance as it could not be settled to the satisfaction of those involved.

If that is acceptable? Then It only means a failure of justice; Is allowable in those directly responsible for upholding it; in the highest court in the land.

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crowfoot
Stuck on name one forgets its the same form investigating the form is it better or worse as a product?

The question whats in a name? Was just poetic. However being used for what is deemed justice(form) is too slow and pedantic.

Attached to individual consciousness whether it is right or wrong only shows attachment that dwells on the name instead of investigating the form.

After I noticed the first Mandela word or name? A child's cereal box appeared where no one eats it there... As the counter part of the change.

There are A lot of people that say "god" which is better thought of as; An individuals karma(((sanskrit)/kamma(pali es those two traditions that observe it directly have different cause and effect meaning although under it as law it has a different effect entirely yet the cause i the same being the lord of that entire path) works in mysterious ways. Noticing that change? One doesn't also exclaim "What the devil." Which is odd as that would dispel it.

Seeing the working s of karma is easy seeing that precpts will make things better and seeing that making them into commandments says there is no karma/kamma makes any effort self defeating... There is no possible way to know that lord that demands and it only does having made a pact to die for all of your causes meaning the command is forcing people to obey those precepts... Not accepting that lord is a key to practicing them oneself as that what the previously lord allows. The difference is once a week for the day by day commandment sort and once a month for the practice sort.

Why the union of those two people call god when they are one? Has to be taken as birthing parents is limiting when it is more likely they birth time since it is an illusory concept since they as one is and are inseparable.

So people keep going without waiting on the outcome having already achieved such a union them self, Realizing they are both a lord and a Bhramin at the same time and that union did not require any of her. She knows the same is true of her path and being a bhramini.

Here's the difference anyany relationship after such an achievement... only turns the world or resolves kama/kamma for it. Not doing that is self soothing from countless lifetimes from suffering meaning suffering is an illusion. Since it either resolves self or other karma/kamma when together as the fruit of that achievement.

What appears as hell is those demanding one or the other when the actual freedom or will comes after that achievement... You can't have it for them. Making those being pitiable and nothing more as it as if they are blind to where the lament of one lord to another lord was they dont know what they are doing since they are conditioned for it by society and culture.

Free from it is the only real way to see it... As wisdom can only say it no longer perform it meaning past and gone hence the arising of such an effect that can be noticed.

... Tork has a Swedish parent company and the word "tork" literally means "dryer".

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I remember it as 'Tork' to be honest.

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: merka

Whats weird about that is in all directions of saying it and not knowing that? The dryer is still heard.

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Bit random and nothing to do with the topic so apologies to the topic creator but what’s your profile picture from?

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
No Mandela Effect.

Actually this thread is the exact meaning of the ME.
Maybe you wanted to say that the ME isn't real.
Again, the effect is very real. Hence it got named.
The debate should be what is causing it.
Or are you saying 'no' to the ME whilst addressing it?

No Mandela effect.

What does this mean?

Seriously a wasted comment.

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Worked facilities maintenance and janitorial since the early '80's, I still do. We used single fold toilet paper and paper towel in both York and Fort Howard brand dispensers. We started using Tork brand as jumbo rolls and plastic dispensers became more the norm. Where I currently work we use Tork. I'm not sure when the York brand went out, most likely late '80's is when I last remember using them.
So both have existed.
edit on 29-8-2023 by Ullinson because: Corrected bad spelling.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Techno92LFC
Bit random and nothing to do with the topic so apologies to the topic creator but what’s your profile picture from?

It was a request put together for me by one of the members here. Their name unfortunately escapes me.

originally posted by: Hecate666

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
No Mandela Effect.

Actually this thread is the exact meaning of the ME.
Maybe you wanted to say that the ME isn't real.
Again, the effect is very real. Hence it got named.
The debate should be what is causing it.
Or are you saying 'no' to the ME whilst addressing it?

No Mandela effect.

What does this mean?

Seriously a wasted comment.

I'll keep an open mind but so far I have seen nothing to suggest the ME is anything more than misattribution of memory.

Have anything to suggest otherwise?

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Thrace

Very interesting!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join