It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine Nuclear Plant Loses Remaining Power Source Due to Shelling--U.N.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

The only circumstance that a nuclear powerplant can go without electricity I know if its if there is no fuel in the reactor. This one has fuel and therefore needs to be kept cool. Without power at will melt down a la fukishima style.

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

That was claimed my russia, it wasn't true.

The inspectors said it wasn't true.

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: MidnightWatcher
a reply to: Mandroid7

Zelinsky isn't the Ukrainian president that was paying off the biden crime family & democrat party, he's the one that the democrat party impeached Trump over because Trump blocked a huge round of funding until the day after the election instead of interfering with that election as democrats had planned.

Zelinsky ran on an anti corruption campaign, has been an excellent war time leader, and appears to hate the democrat party's corruption efforts in Ukraine even more than I do.

It'll be interesting to see if he lives up to his anti corruption promises after the war, but it's absolutely unfair to blame him for the democrat corruption in Ukraine that occured before he was elected

Nieve at best.
Panama papers,cough cough.

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MidnightWatcher

Would help if you sourced that...I would like to read where ever the inspectors reported that they were not shelled during the inspection as well as where they said that the powerlines weren't shelled. You stayed at with such confidence you just have a link to where you read it right?

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Installed by the west...which is pretty much always lead by the US. You have faulty memory or something...the maidian color revolution (aka coup De tat) was widely reported on and there is plenty of videos and reporting from then to explain it all.

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 12:52 PM
link   

You aren't being very clear...what did I claim they had done? I am saying they will tow the western narrative because they pay their salaries.

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Power has been restored to Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant.

Ukrainian engineers have restored the external power supply to the Russian-occupied Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant, Ukraine's state nuclear company Energoatom said on Sunday.

The plant, which is in cold shutdown, lost its last remaining power line early on Saturday due to shelling, and had to use back-up diesel generators for its own needs, such as cooling the reactor blocks.

"After almost two days of operating the emergency cooling pumps of the active zones of the reactors with power from diesel generators, the operational staff are restoring the normal regimen of powering the plant's own needs from the energy system of Ukraine," Energoatom wrote on Telegram.
news.sky.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

We were discussing the election of Zelinsky.

There was no coup, or even significant interference, though democrats did try to interfere on behalf of his opponent.

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Now that the power plant is the property of the Russian Federation, all the licenses will have to be Russian operators' licenses. So what happens now in this grand play, will they do a deal to provide power to Ukraine if certain conditions are met? The main infrastructure is under Russian control, and to take it back will cause a Europe-wide ecological disaster. Reality is starting to bite as General winter marches to the front. It does not sound much like Russia is loosing at the moment.

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 07:48 PM
link   
It was initially reported that Ukraine was shelling the power plant, then suddenly the narrative changed., People don't support funding terrorist I guess. they'll let it blow just to escalate the war. There's still billions to be made, and countries to destroy.

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LLoyd45
It was initially reported that Ukraine was shelling the power plant, then suddenly the narrative changed., People don't support funding terrorist I guess. they'll let it blow just to escalate the war. There's still billions to be made, and countries to destroy.

Because those initial claims were based on russian propaganda word twisting.

They weren't true.

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The reports initially came from the Inspectors themselves, and they had a video of them being detained by the Ukrainian Forces for over 3 hours. After a visit from Uncle Boris however, the story significantly changed. I agree to disagree, as I have no desire to debate with anyone over an opinion. a reply to: MidnightWatcher

edit on 9-10-2022 by LLoyd45 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: LLoyd45
The reports initially came from the Inspectors themselves, and they had a video of the being detained by Ukrainian Forces for over 3 hours. After a visit from Uncle Boris, the story significantly changed. I agree to disagree, as I have no desire to debate with anyone over an opinion. a reply to: MidnightWatcher

The initial reports were that the grid lines were down, not that anyone was shelling the nuke plant.

russia then added that this was due to Ukrainian shelling, but the damaged grid infrastructure was on Ukrainian held territory, and russia has been targeting exactly that infrastructure for weeks.

It was always russian propaganda word twisting.

But if russia doesn't want to run the Ukrainian nuke plant, they could always give it back to Ukraine.

edit on 9-10-2022 by MidnightWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: shooterbrody

The only circumstance that a nuclear powerplant can go without electricity I know if its if there is no fuel in the reactor. This one has fuel and therefore needs to be kept cool. Without power at will melt down a la fukishima style.

There is another circumstance and that is used fuel in the spent fuel cooling ponds this needs cooling for years

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join