It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats are operating a series of 51 'fake news' local news sites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Be wary of "source" links. It appears the DNC is now operating "fake" local news sites that look like local news reports.

Good tactic. Make it look like it is real news from a local affiliate.

Democrats are operating a series of 51 'fake news' websites pushing left-wing stories in toss-up states in a bid to turn the midterms in their favor, shocking investigation finds

www.dailymail.co.uk...

A new report from Axios details 51 fake news websites that promote liberal political causes

All of the websites, which have popped up in the past 12 months, are based in what are considered to be swing states

Some of the publications are the Milwaukee Metro Times, the Tri-City Record and the Mecklenburg Herald

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 10:09 AM
link   
too bad we need a UK newspaper to tell us what's going on in the US...

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
too bad we need a UK newspaper to tell us what's going on in the US...

Too bad we need any news source at all to tell us what we are seeing with our own eyes is something else entirely....

People wander the streets glued to their cell phones, enjoying the latest Tiktok craze while a mega Vesuvius rumbles ubder their feet.

Their wakeup call is going to be a blast.....

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Another great example of the party that embraces science and fights misinformation.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Dems get an A- for creativity...and an A+ for corruption.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Democrats are operating a series of 51 'fake news' local news sites

So everyone single one involved should have their Pay Pal acccounts docked for spreading misinformation.

edit on 8-10-2022 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Main stream is fake news. In the USA it is been going on for nearly 100 years.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 12:08 PM
link   
don't they already have MSNBC? how many more sites do they need

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: juulzverne

Exactly.... If they need fake stations that lie more than MSNBC, you know it has to be BAD.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: juulzverne

Exactly.... If they need fake stations that lie more than MSNBC, you know it has to be BAD.

It's gonna take a couple months to count those absentee ballots.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I haven't watched my "local" news channel, the one I woke up to every day with coffee for about 30 yrs, in about 3-4 yrs. I stopped because it was obviously propaganda for the liberal world order. What separates the 'fake' in the OP from the 'real' fake?

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 01:29 PM
link   
we've gone from real news from real media
to fake news from real media
to fake news from fake media

so anytime now we're going to start reversing this. right?

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
we've gone from real news from real media
to fake news from real media
to fake news from fake media

so anytime now we're going to start reversing this. right?

I truly believe Wile E. has run past the precipice years ago: and
is only now realizing that down is turning into the new forward.
I've seen that imprint at the beach and it's not pretty.
To reverse one must first admit a change of directions necessary.
Not gonna happen.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Republicans are doing the same thing. Here in IL, Republican Dan Proft is publishing fake local newspapers. It is called Pink Slime journalism. They basically create these legit sounding newspaper names / websites but are really propaganda.

West Cook News

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 12:25 AM
link   
In general Axios seems fairly neutral which is quite odd in todays world so from everything I can read on the surface that study seems legit.The fact that they are focused on just the LIberal side could be telling because for every Liberal Fake news site their is you have just as many Conservative. Sadly that is the state of the current US Political scene.

This is why I think it is important that people need to stop thinking "My side is the good side" because in reality both parties are doing the same things.

Taken from the source article but not the Axios study

In 2020, a conservative run company named Metric Media set up more than 1,000 news sites with a right-wing slant ahead of the presidential election, according to the Columbia Journalism Review.

Not to mention the growth of the Sinclair Broadcasting Group, a heavily right-wing network of television stations across the country, known for presenting opinion pieces as news items.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

If true fraud , libel ,slander or any other thing can be proven against any of these 51 Liberal news sites or the 1000 Conservative news sites mentioned by the source then I hope all involved with any of it are ignore going forward. The likes being forced on the country by both Left and Right are destructive on so many levels.

top topics

join