It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As a tattoo artist, the people I meet tell a troubling story

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Exactly what the controllers want. Seriously. Why would they want anyone with integrity and a backbone? They need those empty vessels to use to carry out their bidding. The ones who 'fall for anything' type. Evil leaders make their successes and gain their power off these sheeples. Unfortunately there's more of them than us, which seems to be a theme through the history of mankind.

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Man life is weird......and I dont think it's their fault...there has to be a heavy chemical presence changing people
Especially men.

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 06:38 PM
link   
People get the same style tats in the same area... then think they are unique snowflakes

#in' hipster ruin everything.

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
People get the same style tats in the same area... then think they are unique snowflakes

#in' hipster ruin everything.

like misspelling in chinese characters, lol.

tramp stamps.

so you know where to put the ash tray.

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: godservant

I'm not into tattoos. Or piercings or weird hairstyles. I guess i don't want to draw attention to myself but I let people do as they wish and support freedom of choice as long as it doesn't negatively impact others. But i always felt tattoos were meant to tell a story about the experience of the person. Something they accomplished, someplace they were, a group they belonged to, something that meant something to them. That others would see and be able to ask the person about. But many of these tattoos now are just art that are there just for the look. A manager where I work has his childs faces and names on his arms. I get that. One had a scorpion which meant he was anti social. Some ladies have butterfies and flowers on hands or legs. Not attractive IMO, but not offensive. Others, though, make no sense. Maori designs just there for the look. Dyes and mohawks and piercings on quiet somewhat troubled loners. What happened to wearing a T shirt with your opinions or a hat with your affiliation.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 03:24 AM
link   

I think until about the late 1980s, people used to read more and socialize. Now they all live through their smartphones, and instead of reading watch media and play video games. The internet and electronic media are the new opiate of the masses, and its showing badly. Struggle and accomplishment give life meaning. Now its getting to the 45th level of Candy Crush, or posting more selfies than anyone else. We have become a society of half wits. I find myself hoping a big solar flare would compeltely fry the net, it would save humanity!

posted on Dec, 15 2022 @ 09:48 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 15 2022 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I mean really do you blame them for being anxious and giving up with how the reality of their world is for them and how society has failed them?

posted on Dec, 15 2022 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I don't know who's raising these kids. We discussed this at a family dinner this weekend. Both of my older daughters, 23 and 26 are in supervisory rolls. They state that people older than them are just clueless and unable to do basic tasks, from sweeping, to entering a code on a computer. My youngest who is 19 said at her job which she works at college and is at Cinnabon(not the hardest work), there is a 26 year old that has worked there 4 months and still asks how to make the specialty drinks.

I don't know if parents just gave up on kids and just shuttle them off to activities/sports, and then let them just stay on their phones or video games the rest of the time? Not giving them responsibility or teaching them anything?

I mean I'm not sure why they would just give up because "society". If you're ambitious and want things, go after them. Mine area all doing better than I was at that age making close to a 3 figure income, buying houses, planning futures, etc. I as a parent would not allow a teenager or young adult to slack off. Anxiety is real though, I have it and my youngest over achiever has it. Get them help, therapy, medication, whatever they need to manage it.

posted on Dec, 15 2022 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

From firsthand experience from a few younger people than me but a little older than your daughter's age, working in the hospitality industry offers no hope in ever being able to climb the ladder enough to afford a home, least of all renting a one bedroom apartment without a roommate, so without a goal or motivation why bother making any effort? As for managerial roles, who wants that responsibility without equal renumeration, the owners of the companies win and you lose.

The newer generations are looking towards more entrepreneurial work on social media to earn money and get their motivation because what's out there for them really isn't for them. The old ways don't work any more.

posted on Dec, 15 2022 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The wife opens a new truck stop in town tomorrow. 40 Employees all silently stalked for their abilities and work ethic. Corporate stalked her for nearly a year. The pay is more than any other business because the people are hand picked all the way down to the dishwashers and cleaning crew.

Strange but they seem to have a good crew. Will find out at 4:30 AM 12 16 2022.

Going to be an interesting end of the year.

posted on Dec, 15 2022 @ 10:34 AM
link   

My Son tells me to give my 4-year-old Grandson a "time out", instead of a smack on the butt for not listening.

I tell him that the world is going down fast because children were not disciplined properly over the past 20 years. (My son got spankings. He's productive and responsible. But he works in a school system. POISON.)

posted on Dec, 15 2022 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You must not be a parent. Taking away toys and electronic games/gadgets does the trick quicker than hurting them...what do learn from getting a smack?

posted on Dec, 15 2022 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

I'm all for entrepreneurial work. That's a great thing. However, there are definitely opportunities to make a good living even as a young person. You do have to just have the right skills, responsibility, and personality for it.

A lot of these younger people think they can just make a few videos and be an influencer or famous. The people that are making a lot of money doing those things that aren't celebrities actually do a ton of work to get there. These kids think they can make the most with minimal effort. Again I think it's how they are being raised.

posted on Dec, 15 2022 @ 10:58 AM
link   

If being raised to give your best shot at an entrepreneurial endeavour then I'd say they were raised well. And I disagree about young people being able to make it out there, because the wages don't come near to what a living wage needs to be to get by.

posted on Dec, 15 2022 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I agree that opportunity is still available. Some young people just don’t want to put in the work to achieve.

I started at the bottom in my field with minimal related education.

Within 2 years I was supervisor, 3 years later manager and 4 or 5 years later I was a six figure director. I have stayed at that level for nearly 20 years because I had no desire to live out of a suitcase as a regional director.

I had to start at just over minimum wage, bust my butt and take on more education.

Today the kids want to start at a 100k and think they can be a manager in a few months.

Not much has changed in my industry and I still see the go-getters archive.

There just aren’t many go-getters anymore.

posted on Dec, 15 2022 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

Way to go! Similar for me. I started working in the service department at car dealers at 15, moved into various positions and by the time I got my degree I was able to move into directly working in the automotive corporate area. My experience working in service far outweighed my degree actually. I, like you are now content with a far as I've made it up that corporate ladder. The only traveling I do and want to do is personal.

And yes youngsters can achieve. I'm seeing it in my own young adults, I'm proud of instilling that ethic into them, but they advanced and are now sitting pretty in positions by their own hard work and ambition.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join