It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Can't You Find an Image of Someone Burning the BLM Flag?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 11:50 PM
link   
So I had an interesting experience the other day. My friends and I were discussing privacy and the internet and we got into a discussion of how the Dark Web doesn't exist. The Dark Web is basically a construct of Big Government and Big Data control over what you are allowed to see and so they control the indexing of the web to only show you results of which they approve.

One of my friends mentioned that there is no search engine that is not controlled by the Big Gov / Tech folks and challenged me to use any search engine I wanted and find an image of a BLM Flag being burned. I tried every search engine I could think of and not one image of a BLM Flag burning was found. The only images that came up (regardless of how I worded my search) were of American Flags being burned (often by BLM / Antifa members).

Is this because no one has ever burned a BLM Flag in the history of the world or something more sinister is the control that Big Gov / Tech has over the internet and what we are allowed to see.

Can anyone find a browser and wording that will return an image of a BLM Flag burning?

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
Googled BLM flag burning and found this article with an image of someone burning a BLM flag.

“Spontaneous” Street Violence Is Well Organized, Pursuing a Radical Agenda

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Yahoo: BLM flag burn

The leader of the Proud Boys extremist group was sentenced to more than five months in jail on Monday for burning a Black Lives Matter banner that was torn down from a historic Black church in downtown Washington and bringing two high-capacity firearm magazines into the nation's capital days shortly before the Jan. 6 riot.

Source: proud boys leader who burned . . .

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 12:07 AM
link   

www.nbcwashington.com...

Not a flag but here is a BLM sign being burnt.

BUT to put it in perspective I don’t think I’ve actually seen a BLM flag in real life. I’ve seen them on tv.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I doubt you will since the guy who did was sentenced to 4 months jail time for it. There is this video showing it.

Posting a picture like that to the internet would probably get one arrested or visited by the FBI / DOJ.

Proud Boys leader sentenced to jail time for burning BLM flag
www.foxnews.com...

If you deface their icons or flags you go to jail.

www.cbsnews.com...

I assume the same applies for the LGBT Progressive Flag.

Edit, yeah - that will get you thrown in jail as well. Flag burners need to stick to US flags or non-progressive flags because these will get you jail time.

www.snopes.com...

In the normal course of events, a conviction for third-degree arson would yield a maximum sentence of two years in prison. However, because the flag burned by Martinez was an LGBT symbol, and because Martinez himself said this was his motivation for setting fire to it, prosecutors added a hate crime enhancement to the arson charge.

Iowa law requires that certain offenses, if prosecuted as a hate crime, must be “classified and punished as an offense one degree higher than the underlying offense.” Thus, Martinez’s conviction for third-degree arson was elevated from an aggravated misdemeanor to a Class D felony.

edit on 1-10-2022 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Welp, this thread seems about over.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 01:31 AM
link   
🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Burning the American flag still cool?

Oh okay then.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I don't own a BLM flag and if I did, I would use it to start a fire in my fireplace.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
I don't own a BLM flag and if I did, I would use it to start a fire in my fireplace.

I might steal a blm flag so I can burn it in my fireplace.

I might build a fireplace so I can steal a blm flag.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I think its the notion of messing with someone or some entity's property.

You can buy a blm flag and burn it, but destroying someone else's flag is differn't.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

One of my friends mentioned that there is no search engine that is not controlled by the Big Gov / Tech folks and challenged me to use any search engine I wanted and find an image of a BLM Flag being burned. I tried every search engine I could think of and not one image of a BLM Flag burning was found. The only images that came up (regardless of how I worded my search) were of American Flags being burned (often by BLM / Antifa members).

I searched for BLM Flag Burn and got a picture from an article on Enrique Tarrio burning one. Very nice picture, I tried to upload it but the upload page is apparently still broken.

Searched for it, found it. First try.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
So I had an interesting experience the other day.

Did it involve getting enough people to search for the words BLM Flag and Burn, for Google to pick up on it and automatically associate the two, like people tried to do with Trump and Pumpkin, or whatever it was back in the day?

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Because BML are the initials of the Bureau of Land Management, so even if you don’t acknowledge it, your subconscious mind does know it.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 05:00 PM
link   

So go burn one already before somebody beats you to the punch.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I was always told that sh!t doesn't burn.

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarxistDebunker
Because BML are the initials of the Bureau of Land Management, so even if you don’t acknowledge it, your subconscious mind does know it.

Sorry, I meant BLM.

new topics

top topics

join