It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let them eat BUGS!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Bugs contain chitin, which provokes an inflammatory response. Their carapaces are indigestible.

We are not designed to eat bugs.

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 04:00 PM
link   
There was a point in the late 80's early 90's where they were marketing chocolate covered grasshoppers and ants, tequila worms in lollipops and scorpions in lollipops as well. You can still find these treats in some regions and locations if you look.

It was extremely popular back then, with a few folks left over who still indulge, so how is this new trend of eating bugs any diffferent?

In moderation, of course, I'm not suggesting this Bug Based DIet should completely replace healthy nutrional traditional foodstuffs by any means.

edit on 9/25/22 by GENERAL EYES because: spelling

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Herds of animals in their billions have lived on the earth for hundreds of millions of years........

The land would fall to # without animals managing it. The city dwelling folk who've never experienced anything but concrete and everything at their finger tips with no effort have no clue about nature, they're completely out of touch and kinda dont give a # about it as a result.

Plants and animals made this planet what it is. They have a purpose or else they couldnt have survived.

The reason why the environment is deteriorating is because we're destroying all the environments, chopping down trees so water just evapourates, so the sun can beam down on the ground and dry it up faster then there is not much to hold the soil together or replenish it, so it just blows away, falls apart and turns into ground up rocks with little organic material.

Then much of the bacteria will die, which is like the stock exchange of the soil, they will break down rocks and other materials which gives plants minerals and in return the bacterias feed on sugars from the plants.

If we use fertilisers in the way we do, it unbalances the electrical activity in the soil, so then bacteria die and then the health of the environment goes down. These things are so complicated its not as easy just pouring 10-10-10 npk and thats it.

Mono cultures of plants have caused disease to happen to those plants, it also attracts insane levels of insects which eat a million of the same plant, its easy pickings...so whats the dumb asses solution??? spray poison all over the plants, so the bugs die and also other plants like "weeds" which are infact very useful and alot of the time are just trying to protect the soil because it bare and barren.

Most people will just listen to what sounds like the best, quickest, simplest solution and alot of the times its bull# leading you no where. The real solutions are things most are not used to doing.

you can't have like 1 to 5% farmers and except things to go well. They then have to basically wreck the land to keep up with the demand. People need to grow some of their own food just literally to connect with nature and understand the purpose of things, they may then not wanna poison the land they live on realising they rely on it for life.

And if that goes well, we will be granted access to the lands of the earth without having to purchase it because it would have become a social norm for a majority of people being involved with the land, its just simply required. People will need some area to grow things and then productivity will go through the roof.

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
Bugs contain chitin, which provokes an inflammatory response. Their carapaces are indigestible.

We are not designed to eat bugs.

But it's perfect for our Reptilian, and Insectoid Alien overlords, this is ATS after all...

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

The trend isn't simply about convincing people to try it; the trend is about telling us we have to in order to save the planet that all other forms of protein need to be removed from the menu except maybe plant proteins.

The difference is between persuasion and mandating or forcing through regulation.

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: baddmove

In the end, I willNOT be eating any bugs/insects that I will be aware of.

There's the fun part. You're already eating them.

Not so much in western culture, but worldwide, knowingly eating insects is pretty common.

I've had fried grasshoppers cooked by my Korea friend's grandma before. Not too shabby.

That said, I'm going to continue to eat steak, burgers, pork, chicken, etc... No one can stop me.

Everyone should be able to eat/try what they want, that's not the problem. The problem is these WEF a**holes pushing this on everyone , including KIDS, all while vilifying meat. You can be sure that when there's no meat left in the stores, just bug paste, that the 'elites' will be eating steaks and caviar. It's not about eating meat or 'the environment' it's 100% about control, always has been.

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
Did you know 300 cockroaches produce more methane than 1 cow?

Look it up. I am too busy at work to find the link.

False.

A cockroach is estimated to emit about 35g of methane a year, 300 of them would be just over 10kg. A cow can emit up to 120kg a year.
So how many people feeds 300 roaches , or 3600 of them
to have the same emission , vs an entire cow?

Let's see:

A cow can feed 2300 people

can 3600 roaches feed the same amount to 2300 people ?

I think you know that answer.

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That's why I'm against it, just making casual conversation, not advocating forced compliance.

I'm a big beliver in Freedom of Choice, don't worry.

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Jajajaja
The jimini cricket eaters align with the usual shot pushing leftists in this thread.
Lmao, as expected.
I love this site.

All it will take is Disney making tv shows and films of how awesome it is to eat Jiminy Cricket.

We know how woke Hollywood is to make abberant behavior normal.

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 04:39 AM
link   
2300 people if each person has a 3 ounce portion lol.

How often do you see Americans order a 3 oz steak?

a reply to: ancientlight

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
You only feel this way about bugs as you've been raised in a society that doesn't eat them.

I'm sure I read somewhere that about 25 percent of the population eats bugs as part of their culture.

You eat the legs and innards of mammals at a guess and that does not seem in any way odd to you?

a reply to: baddmove

If bugs were safe to eat, they would already be part of our diet.
You just said yourself, we eat crustatians etc.
Our ancestors figured out long ago what is save and nutritious to eat and what is not.

Hence we eat shrimp and have not touched bugs.
Trust your ancestors. If bugs where safe to eat, they would be part of our diet as they are easy to grow and keep.

Oh and some people, somewhere, eating some bugs for some reason doesn't tell you how many, how often and what consequences this haa on their bodies. Starving folks will eat anything, even if it kills them.

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: baddmove

In the end, I willNOT be eating any bugs/insects that I will be aware of.

There's the fun part. You're already eating them.

Not so much in western culture, but worldwide, knowingly eating insects is pretty common.

I've had fried grasshoppers cooked by my Korea friend's grandma before. Not too shabby.

That said, I'm going to continue to eat steak, burgers, pork, chicken, etc... No one can stop me.

the FDA allows a certain amount of bug pieces, crap and rodent hair, and other stuff in foods.

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Exactly. I use half a pound for a burger, and shoot for a pound if I'm making ribeyes.

I'm not arguing for replacing meat with bugs btw. The freakout of fearing being forced to do so is cracking me up though. It's not going to happen.

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Of course its not going to happen.

It's just another ATS non story for members to assert their need to take a stand against the mythical authority that want to take away the freedoms of Americans.

Exactly. I use half a pound for a burger, and shoot for a pound if I'm making ribeyes.

I'm not arguing for replacing meat with bugs btw. The freakout of fearing being forced to do so is cracking me up though. It's not going to happen.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Absolutely right Ketsuko!

It's all about making the sheeple believe it's the right thing to do and it's good for you too..

sad

posted on Sep, 29 2022 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Bugs are bottom feeders. I don't eat bottom feeders, and if they make it damn near impossible to eat regular food, then I'll break every law I have to so I can continue to eat what I want.

posted on Sep, 29 2022 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Wait until they stop giving people hunting permits and make it illegal to hunt and start arresting people for it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join