It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obesity Is A Modern Plague - Tips To Lose Weight

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2022 @ 11:41 AM
link   
exercise alone won't outdo a crappy diet.
a lot of eating is habitual, or conditional, or an addiction to sugars.

when asked about losing weight I always advise people to look up Whole30, it is Keto/Paleo elimination for 30 days, and you realy do feel healthier. it isn't a weight loss diet, but you will probably lose weight, and healthily, and you won't return to normal eating afterwards.
that's part of the problem - people go on 'diets' to lose weight, and then once they've lost it they return to their normal diet and put it all back on again.

You need to eat less, and one way of doing that is to eat healthy fats and protein that fill you up and keep you full between meals. have three meals a day, make sure they're big enough to keep you full between meals. a bit of meat, plenty of veg, and a portion of healthy fat at each meal. stick to it, you'll feel fantastic.
better sleep, better mood, no mood swings that are bought about by having low blood sugar levels, and cravings for something sweet - that biscuit at 11am, the donut or cake at 3pm, they keep you going, but they're just extra calories you don't need. if you can cut those out, you'll start to get healthier.
you'll have way more energy, and you'll start to need to do exercise to use the energy all day.

seriously - Whole30.

you can thank me in a months time.

posted on Sep, 16 2022 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Obesity is caused by eating toxic food... American digestion has not evolved to eat 99% of the things we eat. Simple as that.. you need lots and lots of it in order to get sufficient nutrients and it causes inflammation along the way..

posted on Sep, 16 2022 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: 38181

Fat lady I work with giving nutritional and dieting advise, goes for a half mile walk then pigs out on junk. I bite my lip and keep my thoughts to myself.

I think we worked with the same lady. My coworker told everyone she only ate organic and clean. Pfttt.
She literally, LITERALLY brought McDonald’s in for her breakfast every morning!

You both must work woth the same big lady my husband works with. I've been entertained for years by his recounts of her diet tries, and fails.

I couldn't (and still can't) figure out how a large Big Mac meal *everyday* for lunch is part of a healthy diet, but what do I know. Apparently calories don't matter & fats are made up, and sodium is make believe.

posted on Sep, 16 2022 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: orionthehunter

The colossal amounts of HFCS in crap anymore is definitely a problem, as much of one as the refined sugar amounts.

We've been making our own jams & preserves this year, and the two things everyone keeps telling me are the same-- there's more of the fruit's flavor popping for the homemades (duh, fresher, riper fruit!) and it "doesn't taste like a melted sack of Domino" (I lol'd at that)
It's still going to need sugar or honey (honey tastes better, fyi folks) but at least you can directly control both the sweetener & the amount.

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 08:29 AM
link   
What has worked for me (and basically the only thing that has) is to simply track your calories and don't eat more than a set amount per day. For me that number is 1850. If you stick to this, you will quickly learn which foods are "worth it," AKA which foods make you feel full while being low in calories. It's pretty amazing too when you realize how efficiently your body can use 1850 calories once you stop gorging yourself. MyFitnessPal is a really easy way to track calories in common foods. Using this method I went from 190+ to 160 in a matter of 6 months or so

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I lost around 40kg in a little under 2 years in my late teens. I didn't set a goal of losing the weight, although starting at 120kg I certainly should have.

My weight loss kickstarted when I started University. I was poor and frankly wanted to spend my money on having fun, so eating at all/properly took a back seat. I lived off campus and was probably walking 7 or 8 miles a day too. I put a great deal of my weight loss down to circumstance rather than hard work or commitment.

I've remained slim (with some fluxuations) for over 10 years now and it certainly isn't easy. My tips for anybody looking to lose weight or to avoid weight gain would be:

1. Find out how many calories you need to consume to both maintain & lose weight. For example, I need 3500 daily calories to maintain.
2. Use a calorie calculating app for a few days or week or so. Do this a few times a year, this helps remind you of calories in food/meals.
3. No one diet will work, only a lifestyle change ensures long term success.
4. Be regimented with what times you eat at and try to keep to an eating routine that works for your body.
5. Fasting is very helpful to me, I fast for around 16 hours every day (I do cheat & skip breakfast, which the experts would advise against).
6. Exercise is a must. I walk my dog for at least an hour each day, spread over 2 walks.
7. Home cooking, especially batch cooking, which contain lots of vegetables. I probably only eat meat 2 or 3 times a week and most certainly don't eat meat substitutes in their place. Get away from the idea of wanting/needing a slab of meat with most/every meal. You'll save money too.
8. Trial and error, find what works for you and go from there.
9. Shift working/nights makes everything much more challenging, so I got a 9-5 job.
10. Don't be too hard on yourself & treat yourself (within reason!). Everybody has chubby periods, just don't let it become permanent.

I don't recommend all of my tips (as they aren't particularly healthy) but I swear by point 8 for everybody.

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TurkeyGoose

I would modify number 7 a bit.

Meat isn't bad, just not something you need to eat large amounts of. Not all meat is created equal, either. Red meats tend to be higher in calories than meats like fish and other seafood. Obviously, that last will vary some. Salmon is higher calorie than a piece of something like swai. We will generally always have some sort of protein, but we tend to eat fish/seafood at least a couple times of week and we limit our red meat intake. For example, we had steak salad this past week, but between three of us, we split out one strip steak to top off our salads which were the bulk of the meal.

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Stay away from soy bean oil, this is the new corn syrup, does the same damage to the body.

This crap has been sold by Monsanto to food manufactured or processed foods to add to mostly everything the produce.

I cleaned up my pantry and got rid everything that have that GMO in it, bad, bad stuff.

Plus doing intermittent diet, is working for me, 16:8, is different variations of it.

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I agree with your modified suggestion. As a non fish/seafood eater, I tend to forget about it as an option! Thinking about the meat I do eat, it is mostly pork (not sure where than stands officially on the red/white meat debate).

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I agree with your list

I would like to add
-Eggs are only 68 calories
-Richards natural peanut butter is a great snack not loaded with added sugars
-Make your own chips with seasoned cheddar cheese in the oven recipe
-Salads aint so bad
-add fiber to your diet

Carbs are the enemy

top topics

<< 1  2   >>