It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It just dawned on me why abortion was sent back to the states.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Or maybe not why, but a consequence of it. I think it will keep alot of diehard SJW's in their own states so they can suffer their bad decisions and not migrate to a red state and then proceed to have a locust effect on it.

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: greendust
Or maybe not why, but a consequence of it. I think it will keep alot of diehard SJW's in their own states so they can suffer their bad decisions and not migrate to a red state and then proceed to have a locust effect on it.

They are thrilled to suffer the misery in unison 😎

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 08:23 PM
link   

It just dawned on me why abortion was sent back to the states.

Uhhh , it never was a federal responsibility .
The Supreme Court didn't "return" anything.
They reinforced the Constitution as a lot of ignorant folks thought it was a federal responsibility .
Maybe.
Perhaps.
Done.
Next.
edit on 9/1/22 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 08:24 PM
link   
If that's the case I'm happy to say I live in a Red State with some laws that might discourage them from moving here.

The Dems were all big on folks moving to a college town up north that's superliberal, and now they're complaining they can't afford rent anymore.

I tried warning them but they didn't listen.

Sucks to be them I guess.

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

You missed that I noted that not why but as a consequence of. I changed my thoughts mid stream. My apologies for the confusion as your statement is correct in my book.

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
If that's the case I'm happy to say I live in a Red State with some laws that might discourage them from moving here.

The Dems were all big on folks moving to a college town up north that's superliberal, and now they're complaining they can't afford rent anymore.

I tried warning them but they didn't listen.

Sucks to be them I guess.

And how are you doing? Good I hope.
Stay away from those liberals. They are toxic
edit on 1-9-2022 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

We're doing alright.

Our landlord is Christian and our complex is mostly elderly, retired veterans, disabled and families on a budget.

It's an older building but in good shape, he takes care of things quickly and is a wonderful person.

He's also involved in local politics, but I forget in what capacity, but he won his election.

We're doing alright.

I lived in Austin, Seattle, San Diego and San Francisco and I saw what happened there and I have been quite vocal about being careful about who they let into the community and not to just "sell out" to just anyone for quick liberal money.

edit on 9/1/22 by GENERAL EYES because: minor edit and addition

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Yeah, "why" may be a consideration when you think about the original decision and how long it took to correct that and put it back on the states. I had given that some thought as well, that perhaps this was a move they could have used any time since RvW, but held back until the impact was the greatest, and not necessarily for the benefit of the red states either but for some other agenda.

I hope that it works in the benefit of the red states as a consequence regardless of the why, otherwise it may work out to be a liability instead.
edit on 1-9-2022 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Corrections

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES
Glad to hear that. Im over here between San Francisco and Sacramento, and Im sick of the liberal nonsense. Its always a money grab from the middle class and poor. They really are despicable. Stay safe, stay well.

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Hey man, thanks, and you too.

I hope sanity returns to your area.

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

It's interesting how you think. When things are in social turmoil, is that really the best time to drop the nuclear disaster which is abortion rights?

That seems very short sighted. You should play that trump card when things are good and you want a change in society.

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: litterbaux
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

It's interesting how you think. When things are in social turmoil, is that really the best time to drop the nuclear disaster which is abortion rights?

That seems very short sighted. You should play that trump card when things are good and you want a change in society.

What kind of change in society are you suggesting and why should it be "good"? If this involves the 45 communist goals, then it's been in the works since before I was born. Thanks for finding my thoughts interesting and have a great labor day weekend (for real, I'm being sincere).

45 Comunist Goals

Goal number sixteen . . .

16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.

edit on 1-9-2022 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 10:54 PM
link   
It is the United States of America. The abortion issue is not necessary to be a Federal government rule, let each state pass laws they want to pass. If a citizen of the USA does not like that law the state they live in has, they can move to another state that allows or restricts abortions to fit their beliefs. This ruling actually gives states that want to the right to have abortions up to the last day of pregnancy if they want it. That would be illegal under Rowe vs. Wade. It is about keeping the Feds out of the Abortion issue, let each states citizens decide what they want.

posted on Sep, 2 2022 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: greendust
a reply to: Gothmog

You missed that I noted that not why but as a consequence of. I changed my thoughts mid stream. My apologies for the confusion as your statement is correct in my book.

It should be correct in every US citizen's "book"...
The Constitution of the United States of America .

top topics

join