It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is left to believe from ancient civilizations that could now give us hope ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 11:58 AM
link   
[first please excuse my english that could sound broken, this is not my mother tongue]

I truly believe looking/understanding the past can make us understand the present and so to get an idea of the future. As long as I have researched the only certitude I got was a recycling cycle if I may call it like that. Cycles governing this earth probably even the entire universe.
I tried to read a lot of sumerian tablets. Cross-translations from many studies / universities etc. That oppose each other to see the similarities and the opposite ideas / translations they could have. What I found was not very pleasing about who they seemed to be and laughed a while about what Sitchin tried to "sell". I kept reading (and I still do as of today) out of personal knowledge for ancient civilizations. But let's be honest, I had a little girl inside my head hoping to find there something that could have bring some kind of hope for the future.
Because that's my ultimate goal beside personal knowledge that I like to feed daily. Hope.

I have read a study made upon anunaki / sumerian civilizations that it could have been another civilzation before this but haven't found many proof or material about it. Inside the tablets there is mention of a group of people the "people made by the anunaki gods" should not come close to because they were liars. It tickled me a bit. Not many infos there too, just a raw translation that did not give much to chew.

On another study, something similar came up too. A civilization way more older that would have a language extremely far from the semitic one called proto-Euphrateans and/or Ubaidians. Again, not a lot of infos here. I don't know where my journey searching for the past will stop but I feel tired. Would be fabulous if someone in here have some legit documentations about this (but the ones that actually have some material proof from old tablets or things found by searchers around the globe.

Now a philosophical question for you guys if I may ask.
Where your hope lies for the future ? You, down to earth people who only believe what they can observe?

I don't believe in any gods so I am unable to put my hopes in fairy tales all copy/pasted from the ancient sumer tablets.
I do believe in some kind of natural universe cycle. But that's not enough and we don't know the rules of it.
From my understanding of the geopolitical aspect of the world, the economic one, the symbolic one with twisted sick people having full power over us, the freedom being eaten by the day and the nightmare of the WEF waiting to destroy each living thinking soul left in this sick society, where the hell do you put your hope in since the past doesn't give us a lot to hope for?

Did you ever came to ancient texts that could light a tiny candle for us - outside of fantasy beliefs ? Thank you for reading that stodgy message.
edit on 30-8-2022 by n00ne because: spellings

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: n00ne

Not really a hope but more an understanding. It's all happened before: corruption, collapse, terrible times, rebirth, corruption...

The hope would be the next civilization paying more attention to the past to avoid the cycle again

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: oddscreenname

Do you think its possible and why ? because if we refer to the past, we are a failure that just keep repeating itself all over again in terms of society.

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Hmmm ... I don't want to answer this by giving away too much of what I think, suffice to say when it comes down to it it's the simple things: enjoy a good meal and a beer or whatever you drink. Enjoy the company of your loved ones if you have them. That's it and we just enjoy the simple things in life. Talks of vast persuasions and searching in the past ... there is no answer. Enjoy life enjoy your meals your loved ones and then we go back to dust aka we die.

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 12:51 PM
link   

The hope that I get from past civilizations is the fact that they fall and new ones take it's place. I've been reading up on the bronze age collapse and there are many eerie similarities, but that could be said of many eras in history.

I'm just going to sit back and watch the sheetshow unfold.

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: n00ne

Do you think its possible and why ? because if we refer to the past, we are a failure that just keep repeating itself all over again in terms of society.

We are not a failure. You are just expressing your attitude. You are not alone. Lots of people here feel the same way, but the failure you speak of is your own. Take the claim of "corruption," for example. People here especially love to claim that the "world is corrupt!" What does that mean? Only that someone else has an advantage you don't have. Since you have been brought up to believe "everyone should be equal," you don't like that. You deem the world a failure because you think it ought to be a different way, a way that YOU approve, and frankly, one in which you are better positioned. But what you are really expressing is envy and resentment.

What if you are wrong? What if the world and the current civilization should NOT be the way YOU want it to be? What if most people disagree with you? What if YOU are the odd-man-out? I think you ought to consider the possibility, even if just as a thought experiment.

The fact is that it is likely there were previous civilizations that we know little of. We don't know many details, but it is certain they were populated by people just like ourselves who were similarly motivated, similarly "corrupt," and similarly aghast at the state of the world because they thought it ought to have been different than it was. And perhaps it is even certain that we will follow that path and that the same exact thing will happen again.

But we won't be going extinct any time soon.

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I don't think we're a failure. Everything is the cycle of birth reproduction and death. We just forget we want to escape that cycle and end up going through it any way. Current civilization was born, it'll reproduce new civilizations, and it'll die. And all the things in the middle, are part of the cycle. I don't agree with the xenophobic idea of hating humanity as some kind of virus. It's our life cycle and part of the bigger cycle in ways we don't understand.

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: littlecorn

Of course you are right
But once you understand all that is happening, its hard to just forget everything and enjoy life

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I feel I dont express myself in a way that would let (maybe) you feel what I mean deep down. Allow me to try again with more context. Looking at previous civilizations we can see the same path taken again and again. A group forming, taking advantage of the others, representing a tiny ridiculous small percent of the entire civilizations. Of course corruption and things like that is up to each others opinion but still I believe we are born with a true idea of right and wrong. A group of leader dictating others what to do isnt for me the issue for the simple reason that most people are unable to be leader of their own life but here lies the problem when this power is taken/given and let to people who seek only to benefit themselves and not "the greater good". In that, I only see failure of societies and in the same time, the reason of their fall again and again.

I just deeply believe there is something that could reverse that cycle but we need to understand what could change it first which I believe could be seen in the past and probably the very ancient past. I feel I must search, dont ask me why, I just cant help it. I have everything I need in life both love and wealth and health but it seems to me its secondary. Like we should all as human beings search for how to change that cycle. I truly feel its the duty, as much as telling people around you how the world is when they dont see it as it is.
edit on 30-8-2022 by n00ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I dont see humanity as a virus but humanity "with" viruses that happen to be leaders. Through countless civilizations. Completely agree with the bigger circle we don't understand. Might end up for many - me included - the forever unanswered life-time question until death.

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 01:39 PM
link   

a reply to: littlecorn

Of course you are right
But once you understand all that is happening, its hard to just forget everything and enjoy life

I am not a bible man, but after all his great wisdom and learning Solomon came to this conclusion

biblehub.com...

So if there's something to learn from old civilizations, it's this

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I just deeply believe there is something that could reverse that cycle but we need to understand what could change it first which I believe could be seen in the past and probably the very ancient past. I feel I must search, dont ask me why, I just cant help it. I have everything I need in life both love and wealth and health but it seems to me its secondary. Like we should all as human beings search for how to change that cycle.

That's a better answer than I expected, so thank you for that. :-) I see no evidence that any past civilizations handled things better than we have. Maybe they did, but evidence is lacking unless you get into mythology and talk about places like Camelot.

I truly feel its the duty, as much as telling people around you how the world is when they dont see it as it is.

THAT is downright scary. History is full of examples of people who wanted to "do good" and who thought they knew better than anyone else and felt a "duty" to change things. No offense to you personally, but I doubt you have any special sense of "how the world is" where others "don't see it as it is." No one assigned you that "duty" and if you think it is self-assigned, that's simply dictatorial. No. Thank you very much, but NO.

Mistrust anyone with a cause.

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 02:28 PM
link   

No no no
i don’t feel im anyone. I think we are like a tiny particle bringing water on a Giant fire like the story of the colibri . How the economic world is I do very well know and yes it’s very important to tell people it’s not based on opinion but hard facts and economy has been made difficult enough for people to not understand. Same for so many topics we could speak about enormous invention that has been erased to not threat the power in place. Without getting into much details which would be pointless, sharing knowledge is essential. Like other people did with me in the past and others doing in the future. Knowledge is everything and also the reason these cycles never ends because everyone are controlled by both history made by « those who won wars » and those in control. It’s not my duty I think it’s everyone’s duty. My cause is not be useless on earth but do as much as I can even if very little as I am just a tiny drop in a very vast ocean. Again, like the colibri bringing a drop of water in a giant fire m doing its best with the little it has.

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I think I understand you.

The problem as I see it is that everything that comprises the system was set up by a small group of people we know as the elite.

And all of it is either a lie, or a half lie.

All of it done by coercion and/or corruption.

I see religion like this.

I see the monetary system like this.

I see the secret societies with their trust fund babies like this.

There are bloodlines that have a high level of psychopathy drilled into them the moment they are born.

These people rise to the highest parts of the pyramid.

Just like religion is the opium of the masses, so too the elite have their religion.

For the masses it is about submission.

For the elite it is something altogether different. They do practice satanic rituals, kill innocents and basically do as thou wilt.

But it serves a dual purpose.

None of them can escape from their degeneracy, because then they get outed in the media in a scandal or they get suicided.

Epsteins Island was not only for the rich and powerful to indulge in their sick perversions, but also to record video of them doing it.

There's no way any of them would rock the boat if there is video tape of their misdeeds.

It's also a way they prove their undying loyalty to the top tier by basically demonstrating they are willing to be recorded like this because they are so loyal it would never have to be used against them.

Who dares disobey if tptb can just release a video of you being a pedophile or involved in a blood drinking death ritual?

That's why Epstein "killed" himself. He had become a liability that could've brought the whole house down. There was even a Rothschild on his list.

His clientele was never going to be arrested , because we don't live in a world of justice.

The elite own the world, we are their servants/playthings, and what's happening now is by design and not an accident.

Yes we have failed.

Good, normal, decent people are being lead like sheep towards impending disaster.

We can see this.

And yet it seems we can do nothing about it.

The world people 'function' in is an illusion, and they are pulling the rug with a snap of the finger.

Humans are just like ants and bees.

You get to choose whether you are a soldier or a worker, but you'll never be royalty.

You only get to serve them, and then die.

There seems to be a deep, rich history of symbolism and ritual involved.

A history that you'll never read about in a book.

But it happens alongside us every day.

They do this because they can.

Because they understand human nature and how to manipulate humanity to conform to their whims.

Are they a cargo cult unto themselves?

I don't know the answer to that, but it is certainly possible.

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 02:58 PM
link   

The ancients respected animals and knew that we are animals too.

Modern human does not understand this and thinks we are more than that.

We need to start acting like animals, because that is what we are.

Do not be a robot, do not obey, their system, our prison will crumble if we stop complying.

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 03:30 PM
link   
If you watch documentaries centered around the "Natufian" culture, you'll see a lot of discussion about the transition from hunting and gathering to agriculture. It happened in the middle of what is called the "Younger Dryas" cold snap, that decimated the populations of megafauna.

Human hunter/gatherer populations started growing, rather than shrinking. Since the prey was now smaller, and harder to catch, the tribes were finding they needed a more favorable young-to-old ratio than before. But this meant their population was doubling every few generations, and they needed twice as many hunting grounds each time.

The agriculturalists had this problem even worse. The new way of life was so labor intensive, they were doubling their population each generation, or close to it. Needing twice as much farmland each time.

So where did this lead?

People starting claiming the same lands. And they couldn't "agree to disagree" because that would lead to starvation, so they organized into war parties and killed each other.

So where is the hope in all of this?......

The population had been stable, non growing, for over 80,000 years prior to this. It has only been about 10,000-12,000 since.

Where is technology going today? Toward robots. IE. not needing a favorable young to old ratio.

Indeed, if the third world keeps overmultiplying (the first world already doesn't),.. soon they'll be needing to put over half their young population on welfare. There simply won't be jobs.

What would be easier than putting half your young population on welfare? Try having more people on pension instead!!! Same difference.

Stop overmultiplying, and war becomes obsolete. So does hate. So does fear. All of it.

top topics

join