It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$100's of Billions For Student Loan Relief Meanwhile This...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 12:08 PM
link   
So it appear's the US Government or should I say Joe Biden can use "his pen" to waive $100's of Billions of dollars of student loans meanwhile 40-50% of Small Businesses can't pay their rent. This is up over 6% in just one month.

Minorities have it the worst. 53% say they can't pay their rent.

Further evidence of the calculated attempt to kill the middle class...

Survey

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot
meanwhile 40-50% of Small Businesses can't pay their rent.

They have a special hatred for entrepreneurs and small business owners. Remember Obama's "you didn't build it" speech?

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

The good news is this won't fly, courts are going to shut this down. The only way Brandon can do this is by sending it to congress to pass. Only congress has the authority to spend tax dollars.

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 12:26 PM
link   
How are these two things related?

As a non US member I may be missing something but I can't seem to see why there is a correlation between the two things?

So it appear's the US Government or should I say Joe Biden can use "his pen" to waive $100's of Billions of dollars of student loans meanwhile 40-50% of Small Businesses can't pay their rent. This is up over 6% in just one month.

Survey

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 12:27 PM
link   

The students wont be getting much it would be less what they would be getting from this student loan program.
edit on 25-8-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 12:53 PM
link   
plenty of PPP loans not been paid back by the mega wealthy some members of congress also benifitted from that program and have not paid it back in full, yet they oppose the working class being given help, no suprise there

So it appears that they want you to be angry and full of rage at working class people (your friends,neighbours etc)for college loans all while they recieved loans and have had them forgiven also

No suprise there then, divide and conquer showing it is still working as planned

Members of Congress Profited From Paycheck Protection Program

Wealthiest Members and Their Loans
Dean Phillips (D-Minn.), net worth $77 million, received a $135,800 loan for his Geniecast, LLC.
Vern Buchanan (R-Fla.), net worth $73.9 million and the fourth-richest member of Congress, received $2.8 million in loans for four of his 27 companies.
Kevin Hern (R-Okla.), net worth $60.9 million, received a loan of $1,070,000 for his KTAK Corporation. Hern, who owns 97 percent of the company, estimated its value at between $5 and $25 million last year.
Norman, net worth $43.4 million, received $306,520 for four of his 20 companies.
Mitch McConnell and wife Elaine Chao, with a combined net worth of $34.4 million, are tied to a loan for the Chao-family owned Foremost Maritime Inc. of $417,700.
Roger Williams (R-Texas), net worth $27.7, received $1,430,000 for his JRW Corporation. Last year, he valued the company at more than $50 million.
Greg Pence, net worth $12.6 million, received a loan of $79,441 for his Pence Group, LLC, which he valued on his financial disclosure as worth between $5 and $25 million.
T.J. Cox (D-Calif.), net worth $11.8 million, received $609,825 for two of his 26 businesses.
Nita Lowey (D-N.Y.), net worth $10.9 million, is tied to a loan of $1,100,000.00 that went to a law firm where her husband is chairman emeritus, Lowey Dannenberg P.C.
Mike Kelly (R-Pa.), net worth $10.4 million, received $974,100 for four of his car dealerships.
Ralph Abraham (R-La.), net worth $4.8 million, received loans of $38,300 for two of his four companies.
Earl Blumenaeur (D-Ore.), net worth $4.5 million, received $432,734 for his two companies.
Vicki Hartzler (R-Mo.), net worth $3.8 million, is tied to $451,200 for her husband’s Heartland Tractor Company, which she valued at between $1 and $5 million and from which he claimed as much as $1 million in income last year.
Markwayne Mullin (R-Okla.), net worth $3.7 million, received $988,700 for his two family plumbing businesses.

Largest Loan Recipients
Carol Miller (R-W.V.) is the legal secretary of four of five of her husband’s car dealerships, which received loans totaling $3.1 million.
Two wineries and two farms tied to Devin Nunes (R-CA) received a total $2.95 million in bailout money.
Buchanan’s car dealership loans topping $2.8 million.
Businesses owned by T.J. Cox received more than $600,000 in PPP and EIDL loans.
A hospitality company owned by Ed Case (D-HI) received $1.9 million thanks to the CARES Act.
Two economic development organizations with which he is associated received a combined $670,030.
Markwayne Mullin’s $988,700 in loans.
Mike Kelly’s $974,100 in loans for his car dealerships. (Unlike his auto dealer colleagues in West Virginia and Florida, Pennsylvania did not deem the businesses essential and only allowed car sales online.)
Ralph Norman’s hospitality and real estate companies took in a combined $306,520 in loans.

Its ALWAYS the rich that get richer

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The miniscule savings does not compare to the massive financial problems created affecting the entire Middle and Lower Class (present and future) 🧀

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

As a non US member I may be missing something but I can't seem to see why there is a correlation between the two things?

Survey

on one side you have kids who signed a paper stating that they understand they borrowed money, and have to pay it back, only to have the government step in and forgive a good bit of that debt. Great for those who benefit and essentially get 10 grand as a gift. On the other hand, you have hard working people who were just demolished during the shutdown economy struggling to survive, and could really use something like this, to you know, survive. It's a bit of a slap in the face to anyone who didn't take out debt to go to school, or did and paid it back as they were supposed to. If we are going to piss away money and print more and more, give it to the folks who need it, not just the folks who you need to vote for you.

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Not to mention Trump was especially good for minority small businesses, so we have to nip that in the bud.

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Is it possible that these kids will now have 10k less in debt repayments and be able to pump it straight back into the businesses that need it?

Can it be part of a knock on jump start?

I know kids will spend if they can.

originally posted by: network dude

Survey

on one side you have kids who signed a paper stating that they understand they borrowed money, and have to pay it back, only to have the government step in and forgive a good bit of that debt. Great for those who benefit and essentially get 10 grand as a gift. On the other hand, you have hard working people who were just demolished during the shutdown economy struggling to survive, and could really use something like this, to you know, survive. It's a bit of a slap in the face to anyone who didn't take out debt to go to school, or did and paid it back as they were supposed to. If we are going to piss away money and print more and more, give it to the folks who need it, not just the folks who you need to vote for you.

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

It'll take years for the $10K to reach the streets, it's not a cash giveaway, it's a journal entry 🤣

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Wait until they find out that they have to claim the amount of student loans forgiven as income on their tax returns.

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Is it possible that these kids will now have 10k less in debt repayments and be able to pump it straight back into the businesses that need it?

Can it be part of a knock on jump start?

I know kids will spend if they can.

originally posted by: network dude

Survey

x-box, energy drinks. If those two purchases will help repair the economic downturn, then this plan was brilliant!

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Survey

Update 9.20.2022

The MASSIVE Student Loan Forgiveness program was authorized by Joe Biden 2 months ago, due to the Covid-19 Pandemic causing hardship.

Now that President Biden has declared the Covid-19 Pandemic as being over, there is no need for waiving billions of dollars of student-loan debts, and raising all of our taxes to pay for it.

Pandemic's End Cancels Student Loan Forgiveness: reason.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2022 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Survey

MAJOR UPDATE October 22, 2022

A Federal Court has done what is FINANCIALLY and LEGALLY BEST FOR AMERICA.

Joe Biden's Illegal Student Loan Forgiveness boondoggle has been put on hold indefinitely.

Source: www.westernjournal.com...

A few weeks ago, the Biden Administration notified millions of former students that they're not eligible to have any part of their student loans paid off by the government. There was a legal problem in the way.

Now, the remaining former college students will have to repay their loans, like everyone with any kind of loan in this country, has to do.

EQUALITY FOR ALL.

(post by carewemust removed for political trolling and baiting)

new topics

top topics

join