It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too hot for life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 02:18 PM
link   
For a long time the end of earth was to believed to be Four billion years from now, the increase in Earth's surface temperature will cause a runaway greenhouse effect.

But looks like our time will run out even faster then that
According to university of southern Maine we only have 1.1 billion years instead of 4 billion years

Sun's luminosity will increase by about 6% every billion years. This increase might seem slight, but it will render Earth inhospitable to life in about 1.1 billion years. The planet will be too hot to support life.

When stellar astronomers first understood the Sun's energy generation mechanism, they believed that Earth's life would survive until the Sun expanded into the red giant stage. Today they know that our time is much shorter, albeit still more than one billion years.

usm.maine.edu...

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Well, I guess I had better re-arrange my appointments book....

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

The reduction of CO2 is making the planet hotter from what I can tell.

It's all a lie.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 02:34 PM
link   
If humanity is still here and they still can't easily get off this little speck in the cosmos in a billion years, my future descendants deserve to be slowly burnt from existence.

Which brings up a good point we always act like we will accomplish more and more technological marvels and advantages, but what if this is as good as it gets?

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Someone somewhere knows something and they're saying nothing.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 03:37 PM
link   

According to university of southern Maine we only have 1.1 billion years instead of 4 billion years

Everybody get your affairs in order. I think this might be it.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I am not sure where I got this tidbit of info... documentary or an article, but it said in about 500 million years the Earth would be uninhabitable because it was too hot. This is great news except for having to reschedule my End of the World party and, of course, blowing through my savings as quickly as I have. /sigh

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Won't matter if the theory of Galaxies getting sucked into blackhole vacuums sooner than 1 billion years 😎

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I think we have a much, much shorter time. With just a 10% increase of brightness from the Sun, that would start evaporating water on earth... maybe it has started?

This would put Mars in the habitable zone.

Ack! Ack! Ack!
edit on 33083331pm312022Fri, 12 Aug 2022 16:33:26 -0500 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Oh lord, no one tell my son. When he saw the sun going red giant and swallowing the earth, he went into a multi-week existential crisis in which he panicked first for us as a family and then for his kids and then their kids ...

That lasted until we finally found a way to get him to visualize the number of years before the sun would do all this.

If you tell him that time-table has been moved up, he might never pull out of it this time.

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 09:11 AM
link   
there any number of things that could happen between now and then just like in the past and yet life sprang back.
maybe be they should have said lifeforms that we know of.

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Confess you sins now! before it`s too late

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

Confess you sins now! before it`s too late

Gonna be out there a LONG time in that sandwich board.

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

But but...there is real possibilty that time does not even exist

Time Might Not Exist, According to Physicists

“Time is an Illusion” – Albert Einstein

new topics

top topics

join