It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi says 'China is One of the Freest Societies in the World'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

I thought she meant they were free because her hole she is digging
on the beach to reach them soon would break through!

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

I would Imagine the Uyghurs being Used as Slave Labor in China Might Disagree with Nancy...........

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Here are actual Americans that live in China and their take.
Very interesting.

Thank you, that was amazing.

I try never to let my mind go into exceptionalism.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
Whaa.....?

China 'one of freest societies in world' - Nancy Pelosi in 'extraordinary' blow to Taiwan
CHINA was praised by Nancy Pelosi during a TV interview where she shared her "extraordinary" opinions on the country, after only last week sparking tensions with her visit to Taiwan.

Express Article

Did she not know which country she was visiting?
Did she think Taiwan was China?

Perhaps she meant this statement to be about the Republic of China which is Taiwan, but as we all know, the colloquial, of which she should be highly aware as a 'diplomat,' for the island nation, is Taiwan, and not the Republic of China.....

Why did she slip up?
Or did she?

Was it purposeful and she was praising the Communists in China?

IMO it was on purpose. Trudeau basically said the same thing not too long ago.
These people are deliberately trying to destroy both of our countries.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

The food *_* Szechuan hot pot any day

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Denile is Not Just a River in Egypt Annee .

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Roxstar

I remember Turdeau saying that. Something along the lines of 'I really admire the Chinese dictatorial system. ' And all the fawning young women just getting lost in those dreamy eyes.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 02:38 PM
link   
For her crimes, we should give her to them.

I'm really warming up to the idea of banishment as a more frequently used punishment.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Banished where?

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 03:55 PM
link   
nm
edit on 11-8-2022 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 04:11 PM
link   

She must be confused. I think she was talking about Taiwan.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Pelosi knows that China has a target on her head. She's trying to make nice. Won't work.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
Whaa.....?

China 'one of freest societies in world' - Nancy Pelosi in 'extraordinary' blow to Taiwan
CHINA was praised by Nancy Pelosi during a TV interview where she shared her "extraordinary" opinions on the country, after only last week sparking tensions with her visit to Taiwan.

Express Article

Did she not know which country she was visiting?
Did she think Taiwan was China?

Perhaps she meant this statement to be about the Republic of China which is Taiwan, but as we all know, the colloquial, of which she should be highly aware as a 'diplomat,' for the island nation, is Taiwan, and not the Republic of China.....

Why did she slip up?
Or did she?

Was it purposeful and she was praising the Communists in China?

CYA for her misguided trip to Taiwan.

China has a lot of problems. But, China also is a globalists wet dream - they are the model.

Problem is, western societies won’t buy it. No chance.

All of that aside, I have little doubt she means what she is saying about China.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 10:21 PM
link   
They are so free they cant even withdrawal their money out of their bank, total freedom, I am so jealous, why must I live under these fascist capitalist pigs when I could be living the good life under the CCP.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

If you listen to the interview Pelosi was using ratings from the non-profit organization Freedom House, which puts out a "freedom rating" report every year for all the different countries in the world to support her claims. In their 2022 report they rate mainland China as "not free" and they rate Taiwan as "free"--scoring 94 out of a possible 100 points.

freedomhouse.org...

She mistakenly used the word "China" when she meant to refer to Taiwan.

Kinda like on April 18, 2016 when Trump said:

"I was down there, and I watched our police and our firemen, down on 7-Eleven, down at the World Trade Center, right after it came down" when he obviously meant to refer to 9-11.

www.politico.com...

Old people make these kinds of mistakes.

No thread about something a Democrat says can be complete without a Trump reference. Well done despite it having nothing to do with Pelosi or what she is saying, well done. Just curious, how many years will need to pass that when a democrat does or says something stupid that the only defense will be but......Trump?

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I was able to find the entire video and it doesn't support how I thought they may have edited out "Republic of". I'm unsure if she meant to say Taiwan or not, as listening to the full interview does not give a clue either way. She precedes the clip in your OP with something along the lines of still supporting the one-China policy.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

If anything that video proves she said China, as in mainland China, on purpose, as she uses the term Taiwan around minute 4.....and multiple times before the sentence praising China's 'freedom'

She even says 'this is not about democracy in China, this is about democracy in Taiwan'

it was a purposeful nod and wink to her benefactors.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 12:24 PM
link   

If anything, I've learned that I should pull up the original videos before speculating.

I do not see how she can call China a democracy as their people do not get to directly vote for their national level leaders.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join