It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cats classified as 'invasive alien species' by Polish institute.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Saw this and was disgusted, there have always been species of Cat's in Europe.

CATS KEEP YOU ALIVE.

Let me quantify that, those that kill the cats increase communicable diseases.

historythings.com...

Cats are our friends most of the time, timid little fellows but full of character, so too are dog's as I am BOTH a Cat man and a Dog man as far as pet's are concerned.

These days though there are so many breeds of vicious dogs it's like you can't go a day without story's of some fatal attack by someone's dog and yet when I was a kid back in the 70's at least over here in the UK those fatal Dog attack's were very rare indeed.

Now you may hear of cat's left with a dead owner starving and eventually eating the rotting corpse of there owner BUT you never hear of a moggy killing someone, just don't let them share your baby's crib and everything is going to be fine, make sure they have there shots at the vet's and they are neutered and cat's are great little people to have around the house, oh they may spit up a hair ball or two.

They are more independent than dog's and unlikely to chase the postman but they still love a cuddle from time to time.

edit on 27-7-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: Nothin

Saw this and was disgusted, ...

Blame Science™ for that.

Diminishing all that we Love, one little thing at a time.

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 02:52 PM
link   
My father absolutely HATES cats.

He also has some prejudices against certain types of aliens.

CONNECTION?

I think he'd like our cat though, she's very polite and mature.

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

You should eat them.
Not kidding. It would solve a bunch of problems if you did.

I probably have, I eat my fair share of dim sims (an Aussie culinary invention from a Melbourne based Chinese guy, not to be confused with dim sum) and there is the old urban legend that back in the 90’s some place was using cats for the meat. Could just be the diatribe of racists, could be something to it.

They’re hard to catch too, you occasionally see one out in the bush but for how many there are they sure stay hidden.

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Odd how they're so furry and cute, that they can hypnotize us into taking care of all of their needs.
Then they go-out at night, sneak about the woods, get into fights, kill other critters.
Then come back in the house, and never tell us what they were up-to !!

Sounds like we may have been outsmarted by aliens.

They’re deceptive devil creatures. Why people let them use a litter box in the house is beyond me.

I don’t like cats as a whole but I have become fond of individual cats that weren’t cat like jerks. Very small number that is though.

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I once went to a Chinese Buffet and they had a selection that was called "Hong Kong Chicken".

I immediately chuckled to myself about the stereotype that Asians eat cats, and made the joking association that it was feral cat meat.

I loaded up my takeout container and it was absolutely wonderful and tender.

Apparently someone overheard my joke and took it seriously, the owner was offended and outraged, and the buffet closed down a few months later.

To add insult to injury, we did find a cat collar laying on the ground outside of the kitchen backdoor once.

Don't get me wrong, I love cats and never told kitty about what I was eating, and did feel a little guilty for enjoying it even though I know it was just really chicken.

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Well there’s Asian countries that eat dogs so is it really such a stretch?

A bloke I used to work with once referred to kebabs as ‘a cat in a shammy’ a whammy being a chamois cloth. I liked that one.

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Different cultures have different practices.

A lot of European and American outrage and horror over eating certain animals mainly stem from our association with them as pets and companions. Even the concept of horse meat is viewed as unacceptable.

But we eat pigs, who have proven to be intelligent, and cows, who have wonderful personalities, and chickens, who can be absoulely wonderful companions.

It's strange how cultural values form around which meat is Kosher and which is Verbotten.

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Yeah agree on the cultural differences.

Whilst I deem some animals consumed by other parts of the world to be distasteful and gross I also recognise the fact I have the privilege of being able to go to my local butcher or supermarket and get some steak, hamburgers etc. and don’t have to make the decision between going hungry and eating certain animals.

Pigs are highly intelligent and apparently make pretty great pets. Some parts of Europe love ‘em some horse meat, I’m neither here nor there in horses...there was some lasagne in Australian supermarkets a few years ago that got recalled because it was found that it was horse meat. No one complained until it was identified though so it must be alright!

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 01:24 AM
link   

I used to joke about McDonalds being syntheic meat (to the hippies) and soylent green (to the diabolical) back in the 90's because I was a bit of a smartass.

Now modern tech is actually capable of producing lab grown meat.

Weird.

I don't know how it will taste though, I tried a synthetic burger from a fast food joint and it made me throw up after one bite. I don't know if it's just my biology or what but I couldn't stomach it.

Maybe other people with different genetics will respond just fine to it.

I try to be as environmentally ethical as possible, but I crave meat sometimes.

I'm Texan.

Comes with the terriority I guess.

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 03:09 AM
link   

I’m not sure how I feel on lab grown meat, the environmentally friendly aspect is appealing as the world has been grossly deforested to farm beef cattle but meat that humans engineered in a lab doesn’t get my taste buds tingling. Something about the idea is just off.

I’d try it but will remain skeptical until I’ve had a synthetic cut of black Angus that could replicate the biological equivalent.

I also love me some meat but that said I do also thoroughly enjoy vegetarian meals and can live without meat atleast a few meals a week. Gave it a shot about two years back having around 3 plant based meals for dinner and felt pretty great.

I only mess with almond or oat milk as a second preference in my coffee. Both kids have had dairy intolerances and the wife switched to almond 4 years ago with the first. Started having it out of necessity then came to prefer it. Cows milk tastes gross to me now and I find it a bit weird as it’s designed to make baby cows grow. Still eat cheese though not heaps.

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 04:57 PM
link   

There's something about being invited into somebody's home, then upon entering : you are hit by the harsh acrid ammonia stench, from an unclean litter.

It's the kind of thing that would hit me so hard : that still remember the 3 or 4 times it happened, in the last 25 years or so.

Did you know some cats can be toilet-trained, like the Robert-De-Niro™ character did in the movie Meet-The-Fockers™ ?

Jazz Icon Charles Mingus Wrote a Manual for Toilet Training Your Cat.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join