It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think we will finally get rid of Kate Brown types and get at least a half-decent governor?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Do you think we will get even a half decent governor? Even in the 80s/90s the liberal governors weren't this forceful to shutting out businesses and more willing to compromise. Oregon had a major boom in the early 00s. Salem was more like a small town feel before the early 00s boom. Hell Market Street still had swinging traffic lights!!!!! The kind that sway into the wind. They got rid of those during a major rephasing in the Bush era boom as they all believed Salem was heading towards a major growth spurt.

South Salem started to really fill up but if you look behind all the facades it's ALL TRAILERS!!!!!!! And half of that is trailer trash. We discovered it in 2014 when looking for a place to live. Salem is mostly trailers and low income apartments behind all the neat old homes. You wouldn't believe all the hidden mazes.

Salem used to be a neat place to shop now it's a ghetto to be avoided. Hell even in the Bush era was a lot better. Obama onwards it went towards being Tijuana Oregon. In fact even before Covid Salem was a trash phone town where to get a computer or anything better you had to go way out of the area where as the Bush era it wasn't hard to find electronics in Salem. Now it's mostly just basic appliances and stuff.

Salem is still good if you need dongles or USB stuff and don't want to wait online for it to come and until Covid hit you could get stuff better out of the area.
edit on 25-7-2022 by Sooga because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-7-2022 by Sooga because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-7-2022 by Sooga because: Hidden mazes

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 11:36 PM
link   
The trouble with Kate Brown is, she has a pretty smile.

I moment I saw her fliers in the last election, and looked at her opposition's fliers, I knew she would win. Because she had a prettier smile.

Oregon democrats are so afraid of republicans right now, and I mean absolutely terrified, they can't vote in a non-democrat. For any moderate to have a shot in hell, they would need to win the Democrat primaries.

It's ironic that the homeless make everyone feel embattled, struggling just to keep your business afloat because the businesses get robbed so much, and have to spend so much on additional security (which ultimately ends up not working anyway.)

... The irony is that embattlement gets turned into Trump hate. As though it were the Republicans' fault Oregon had to become a sanctuary state.

new topics

join