It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a way to block all threads by particular users?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
Accusing people of being bots because you disagree with them is incredibly rude.a reply to: johnb

Somebody missed the highly enlightening Nothing To See here thread. It's not bots people are sick of.

At this point, it might be wise to consider it (an ignore feature) once more, as an now quite legit method to better manage the CCP & FSB paid folks one-on-one.

If any one demographic deserves ignored, it's certainly the Psyop shills during wartime. From any side.

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I do peruse many sites for information and novel ideas.

I have zero interest in suppressing anybodys thoughts and ideas even if I find them abhorrent - that's what free speech is all about.

I understand many people think Biden/Trump/Clintons.... are the worst thing to happen to the USA.

I understand why many people are hesitant about novel 'vaccines'

However I do not understand the need to post constantly about it - the only reasons I can think of that explain it are paid shills, bots or people with underlying mental issues.

A balanced individual has no need to chase stars, likes or spend their lives whinging about 'relevant hot topic' all day every day.

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

and don't forget about the massive amount of spammers that have popped up since the site was sold.

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnb
a reply to: nugget1

Oh I agree with that, its not that i neccesarily even disagree with some of those threads but i don't need almost identical threads multiple times a day, it just becomes spam at that point imo.

All those threads are the same handful of people (although i suspect a few are bots or at least employed trolls) having the same tired old arguments ad nauseum - it got boring about decade ago at least

Why dont you just say it's me?
edit on 24-7-2022 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

I think it's just a case of different strokes for different folks.
Personally, I love coming here to see a variety of topics, opinions and takes on things I find interesting.
For me, I enjoy political debate and ATS offers me many options to engage and instigate.

Seeing multiple threads on a particular subject offers me different individual takes on the approach towards that subject...and that can only give us more to consider.

For example...a situation in Ukraine may arise...in one thread, I can see it initially positioned from the standpoint of a person living in Russia...and in another, I can see it initially positioned from the standpoint of an ardent supporter of Ukraine.
From there, I can juxtapose a truer understanding of what is actually closest to the truth.

If I'm big on supporting Ukraine...is it really advantageous to me to 'vanish from my view' any threads about the war authored by a person living in Russia?
Perhaps I may think it is, because it might make me feel unchallenged and thus better about the correctness of my own position on the issue.

But is my understanding of the overall dynamic of the issue actually enriched if I simply block from my view, anything that Russian believes?

I would say it is not.
edit on 1AMJulCDTAMCDT by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 01:05 PM
link   

No, but Yes. Dont read them. That was easy

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone
So many rude and unnecessarily angst filled posts in this thread....per the norm

The answer OP, is no there is no way to automatically filter by user

AH but there USED to be a program that I myself used to use. I forgot the name but it was able to block YOU from seeing post by people you cared to not see. It was made for forums. It was a windows 95 program though,so I doubt it even exist anymore. I TRIED to find it again but its gone bye bye.

OP....best thing to do is just AVOID ones you do not like. Make a list,and keep it by your PC or whatever and check it before clicking.

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Great thread...

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

So many rude and unnecessarily angst filled posts in this thread....per the norm

AH but there USED to be a program that I myself used to use. I forgot the name but it was able to block YOU from seeing posts by people you cared to not see. It was made for forums. It was a windows 95 program though,so I doubt it even exist anymore. I TRIED to find it again but its gone bye bye.

OP....best thing to do is just AVOID ones you do not like. Make a list,and keep it by your PC or whatever and check it before clicking.

There we come down to the nitty gritty. It's not the posts, it's the people that forum members wants to send into Coventry. This is what happens when members of a forum post with the intention not of providing their insights and discoveries of aspects of truth, but to project an image of how they would like others to believe they are. This is done through virtue signalling for example - finding stories about criminals and deviants and then condemning and stoning them with the morals in-crowd. The same applies to posters whose loneliness is greater than their intention to build an edifice of truth that will stand up to the masters of deception. It seems that many are more afraid of their ego structures fragmenting and collapsing than society fragmenting and collapsing. And so the cliques form as a communal bolster.

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 08:16 PM
link   

What ? You Don't Like Me > ? WTF Dude , What Did I Ever Do to You ? ............Oh Wait , Ah , nevermind )
edit on 24-7-2022 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: HilterDayon

originally posted by: yuppa

AH but there USED to be a program that I myself used to use. I forgot the name but it was able to block YOU from seeing posts by people you cared to not see. It was made for forums. It was a windows 95 program though,so I doubt it even exist anymore. I TRIED to find it again but its gone bye bye.

There we come down to the nitty gritty. It's not the posts, it's the people that forum members wants to send into Coventry. This is what happens when members of a forum post with the intention not of providing their insights and discoveries of aspects of truth, but to project an image of how they would like others to believe they are. This is done through virtue signalling for example - finding stories about criminals and deviants and then condemning and stoning them with the morals in-crowd. The same applies to posters whose loneliness is greater than their intention to build an edifice of truth that will stand up to the masters of deception. It seems that many are more afraid of their ego structures fragmenting and collapsing than society fragmenting and collapsing. And so the cliques form as a communal bolster.

What the heck are you talking about? seriously. smh. I was just telling the OP how to go about what HE wants to do. personally I think he should grow a tougher skin. It is the INTERNET,and it has no mercy to the weak or foolish.

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

" I think he should grow a tougher skin. "

Yeah , We All Gotta Survive Bro .......

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

ah ah ah ah staying alive staying alive...

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Is there a way to block all threads by particular users

Yes there is, stopping logging in.

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 11:36 PM
link   
So many Karen’s in here. I’m with you, it would be nice to skip the repetitive on here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join