It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farming the Farmers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 09:31 AM
link   
My son-in-law, who is only four years younger than me, told me this, having lost the family farm which had been in his family for a long time.

Banks loan you the money to buy a farm. As most of you probably know, they create the "money" out of thin air, for it is just a book-keeping entry. The farmers who get the loan will need to pay it back with real money, but this time the money is produced by much blood, sweat and tears. Worse, the loans do not create the money with which to pay back the loans, so there is ALWAYS a shortage. Think about it - if the bank loans $1000 and the loan structure is such that $1500 be eventually paid back, where is the extra $500 going to come from?

Then the bank loans you more funny money for equipment, fuel, fertilizer and seed. Not only is the farmer caught between a rock and a hard place in regard to the bank, but another rock/hard place is that he must pay retail for everything, while accepting wholesale prices for everything he grows. He's always going to get the short end of the stick, even in good years. In bad years, he is foreclosed and bankrupt. The equipment is auctioned off and the farm sold to another farmer, who again goes into debt to do what he loves. Thus, the farmers are themselves cropped and farmed by the banks, who see them as an exploitable resource. It's a wonder food is so cheap, given this "pump and dump" technique.

Now I find out that the money and resources of the first-world nations is being transferred to the "developing" world, and I realize that it is the same game, only on a wider scale. The advanced nations are being looted for the purpose of loans to the less advanced nations, who in turn, will be foreclosed and bankrupted. Pump and dump on a global scale...

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Treasuries get systematically looted by Legislation.

Authorities in power divert funds to (and from) foreign and domestic crony orgs.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 09:36 AM
link   
This all plays in to the great reset. The system will crash and they will appear and offer a new system of slavery. Better than the old system of course.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short

I own 180 acres in cotton and onions, Been in my family for almost 100 years. I'm seriously considering selling out.

What would you do.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I own 180 acres in cotton and onions, Been in my family for almost 100 years. I'm seriously considering selling out.

What would you do.

If you own it and are not in debt hold onto it with all your might.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 10:25 AM
link   

What would you do.

Sell it to Bill Gates.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Agreed - no debt, hang on. If you're in debt badly, bail. Don't be farmed.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Farmers like other people, make poor financial decisions.
As a bean counter I could tell you instantly that buying a 500K (or multiples of) piece of equipment isn’t financially viable for growing corn, or soybeans. There is no way to keep up with the mega farms.

The only way smaller farms can survive is similar to small business. Niche products, and bringing in more than they spend. Maybe that means older equipment. The other thing that has really shot farmers in the foot and nobody wants to talk about is the illegal slave wage workforce that has disappeared. I know here it has significantly impacted the dairy industry. NObody, and I mean NObody wants to milk cows at 4 am for $11 hr. That is what they are paying. These smaller farms are going out of business because the illegals are gone.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
own 180 acres in cotton and onions, Been in my family for almost 100 years. I'm seriously considering selling out.

What would you do.

Rent it out for residual income and leave it to your other family members .There must be a reason why you still own it after 100 years.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 11:40 AM
link   

What would you do.

We lease our ag land out for others to work.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 11:49 AM
link   

What would you do.

I'd rent me a room?

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lemon1234
own 180 acres in cotton and onions, Been in my family for almost 100 years. I'm seriously considering selling out.

What would you do.

Rent it out for residual income and leave it to your other family members .There must be a reason why you still own it after 100 years.

It's been leased to a big Ag consortium for the last 10 years and before that leased to the neighbor farmer, that sold out longago, Daily I get offers from Realtors, developers, and the ag corp that has it leased now. Family farms are a thing of the past; Capitalism at work.... I'm taking the best offer, but keeping the mineral rights, that include the current oil and gas leases. I can use that money on drugs, alcohol and fast women and squander what's left.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Great legacy

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lemon1234

Great legacy

Thanks, what will be yours?

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Building in process.my relatives didn't own cotton fields.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

nobody wants to talk about is the illegal slave wage workforce that has disappeared

I wonder about that. There are now well over a million 'undocumented' immigrants in the country, with full sanction. The number of H-2A has also increased, and crop failures/lower than normal yield/more farm land being left fallow due to drought and fertilizer shortages should mean even fewer migrant workers are needed this season.
#50,000+ acres in California alone have been left unplanted for the 2022 season.
The amount of corn being diverted for bio fuel is leading farmers and ranchers to reduce herd size in recent years.

I seems there may be far more migrant workers than there is work.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Why is the sky always falling with farmers, seriously. I’ve worked with them for years and every year is the same story. Yet they continue to buy that shiny new pick up truck, mustang for the kids and that brick home with a pool they are always remodeling.

I’m not buying it. Yeah big corporate farms equal big overhead, no difference in help. Plenty of help out there.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Thanks for the interesting thread, and thought-exercise.

As old George pointed : It's the mangers job, to service the account ...

The age-old triangle, of wolf, sheep, and shepherd. ( Don't look at the strings ... )

Will attempt an awkward, and poorly-done effort, at outlining a timeline, of the evolution, of the visible aspects of this Beast-System™.
But : a caveat slips-in, that ole Nothin does not really know anything.
So yeah : just guessing, basically.

From before Bread-And-Circuses™, and Divide-And-Conquer™ . ( BAC-DAC )
Free-Romans .... eh ?

The end of " Legalized™ " slavery ??

( Larken Rose : The Jones Plantation. )

Today's situations : egregious usury, as you described in the OP .

Tomorrow : You-Will-Own-Nothing-And-Be-Happy™.
The Technocrats™ plan is to sell us everything as a service.
They will own, and manage everything.

Just like your Farmer™ of farmers.
Just like alluded to, in so many tales, like Animal-Farm™, Fountain™, Solzhenitsyn's Gulag™, Brave-New-World™. etc ... , etc ... , etc ...

But apparently we're free ... They say ....

And then ya step-back, and wonder :
If this a total slavery existence : why do they have us read those books ? ...

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Live, right now.

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 03:42 AM
link   

If you do a rent to own deal I'll buy and acre from you.
Depending on where it is.

top topics

join