It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC mayor laughs off odor reports. "It's just pot."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Depending on the neighborhood, New York City residents have described the ever-present stench as “gnarly and cadaverous” and "rancid, like rotten food that has been sitting there for a while". Source

NYC has an Air Quality hotline that residents can call to report foul odors. (cooking smells and body odors don't count)

Mayor Eric Adams says that NYC is getting "cleaner and cleaner" under his watch. The soaring number of complaints is unfounded. Those people are wrong. Maybe it's just their imaginations. He only smells pot.

"Maybe I have a New York nose," Adams added. "I'm not smelling, you know, filth."

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Funny thing about odors; the ones causing it and living in their own filth become so accustomed to the smell that they don't notice it. I bet the congressional halls reek with the stench of rotting souls.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 12:04 PM
link   

My work subjects me to traveling around lower Manhattan and mid-town.

Even before this heat wave I can tell you the city STINKS!!! Pretty much every street, in every area. I would describe it as an unholy mix of extreme body odor mixed with rotting garbage with the occasional dash of rancid puke. You can believe me or not. It doesn’t matter but I can tell you I am NOT embellishing in the least.

You would think that perhaps the random clouds of pot smell would help or temporarily cover it up as you walk past but you would be wrong. It just adds another layer.

I’m here for one reason and one reason only. To work and provide for my family on Long Island. How anyone in their right mind would want to live in this hell hole is beyond me. Even if your rich, the moment you step outside your multimillion dollar apartment…. if the stench doesn’t hit you a homeless nut job might.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 12:34 PM
link   

It’s all the walking dead corpses that voted for Biden stinking up the city.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

From my one visit there, all of that plus a piss stench I couldn't believe.

L.A. is just as bad - I never go anywhere near downtown if I don't have to.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Or maybe he has/had Covid?

edit on 07220931America/ChicagoThu, 21 Jul 2022 00:21:09 -050021202200000009 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join