It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden EPA Threatens Oil And Gas Production In Texas: 40% Of All Oil Produced In The U.S.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Ignoring the SC is a really really bad idea.. It will open the door for Congress to commit 100% Tyranny by not respecting the balance between the 3 branches of government. I would not encourage that type of action no matter what the supreme court actually did. Because the minute you start chanting 'break up the supreme court', is the minute Democrats in office become permanent leaders of the US and able to do whatever they want with unlimited power.

The supreme court is very, very important part of our government that helps keep the powers in check and makes it so Congress can not abuse their powers..

Trust me, there is a reason why they are making a bigger deal of Roe V Wade then it really is. Because they returned that power back to the people. If you want to live in an abortion state, live in an abortion state. Most of the states vote the same way anyway, with "Key Battle" states being the "swing states". This means you'll never have to move once you relocate to where you want to be.. If its THAT important to you, that you have easy access to abortion, Because you plan on having 3-5 a year then move.

I personally think they should give more power to the people; so they can vote the way they want to. ALL while giving LESS to CONGRESS. I am pro-choice, but I myself never want to live in another pro-abortion state again. Not after a Doctor forced me to have an abortion at 5 months, while giving the same treatment I needed to someone else who was in there for the SAME PROBLEM! A simple Progesterone shot: She lied and said they didn't have it and gave me a 'pill' in its place, that pill which was suppose to be 'progesterone' was an abortion pill that forces you to go into labor.. ALL because she didn't like my insurance, my bf, my bf's mother, me, or some quota that had to be met.

I only found out about it because I ran into her, the day after I was forced to have an abortion. She was recovered; monitored over night for any more issues while the progesterone shot was issued. I was left to have an abortion, ignored and denied proper treatment. She told me "Why didn't they just give you the progesterone shot, that was all I needed as well." and I looked at her and told her the name of the pill they gave me instead. She looked it up on her phone - (we were outside at this point) and her jaw dropped, she didn't even have the heart to tell me.. So when I got back to the room I looked it up myself.

Since I was on the fertility medication to get preg, I was suppose to get a second shot for progesterone at 5months.

(Doctors/Dentist/ETC are KNOWN to need to meet a 'quota' for services.. or they are FIRED)

So i'm greatful that people have the option to go to a state that will do everything in their power to save your child, and not try to meet some quota or perform biased medical mal-practice that you can no longer prove because your offspring was incinerated. Despite the fact 2 days prior my scan showed 100% healthy. Literally 2 days before all this happened and my progesterone dropped I had a scan and everything was perfect. The baby at 5 months was alive on birth and they declared it DOA. Its skin was semi-transparent and you could see/feel its heart beating. But this is why having the choice is important.. So no one else has to go through crap like this.

Just a quick F.Y.I - That doctor was not held accountable because ROE V WADE actually protected the doctor, NOT ME or MY CHILD.

If you think that the power of abortion went to the states is a bad thing, you have another thing coming. Because in reality, the government has way to much power and control. It shows based on everything that has happened, by stripping more rights from the people, through countless people who have experienced the SAME treatments I have. We wanted our child, we didn't want an abortion. But because of some agenda - that dream was stolen from us. We had been trying for 4-5 years at that point - I was only 25 and the chances of conception were less then 5% even with medication, but it happened and everything was healthy and going normally.

I just wanted to add this little tidbit since I shared.
Its been 7 years.. and we have NOT been able to get pregnant again, and I can NO LONGER take those medications because I am now in my mid 30's. After 30 it becomes dangerous to take those medications with increased risk for heart-attacks and strokes, so only option left for me is 16grand IVF's a cycle.. which I am not willing to pay. I would of been a great mother(everyone tells me: Including kids who aren't mine, when they tell me they wish I was their mom.)

edit on 2-7-2022 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackArrow

If New York has decided to go there by passing a law that accomplishes exactly what they want in defiance of SCOTUS, then Texas can do likewise.

I am not arguing it's a good thing, but apparently, it's a thing and Dems started it on their own watch.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

he speaketh with forked and crooked tounge and both sides of his mouth.
when saying produce more oil lower prices, we're going to put you out of business

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 11:35 PM
link   

edit on Sat Jul 2 2022 by Jbird because: spam

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 11:36 PM
link   

edit on Sat Jul 2 2022 by Jbird because: spam

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Lol no, if that were to happen, everything north of Yonkers would be exercising their second amendment rights. Except, of course, the dumpster fire cities (Buffalo, Albany, Schenectady, Troy, Amsterdam, Syracuse). You know, the places that keep scumbags like Spritzer, Cuomo, Hochul and Schumer in positions of power (not counting the leech on our collective ass, NYC).

She pretty much just glossed over the SC decision and signed a new bill limiting concealed carry for protection after that said that it was unconstitutional. So essentially nothing at all changes.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Two wrong's won't make a right, we do need to fix the government. But the people aren't motivated enough to actually give a damn unless it effects them personally. I do think there's some good people left in gov, but they won't stand a chance against those that are corrupted.

I have said before, history dictates that when leader's overstep their boundries on their people it will lead to bloodshed. As a nation of 'civilized' people, we should be able to do this without people being hurt. If elections are rigged, then its time to hold our own without the politicians involvement. Even if that means making the 'people's government, our country has done the people's government and creation once before. We can do it again, history will be repeated. It will be either us or the corporations that make the new government. What we do, and how we act will determine who becomes successful at this endeavour.

Our world belongs to all of us on it.

But the question is, how do we get people on the same page? How can we unite the people and take back what our ancestors fought for? This land has seen countless bloodshed and sacrifice. For a better world for freedom and liberty as I quote "Give me liberty or give me death", we do no good just letting them get away with what they are. People have died for what we have, why are we just letting them take it?
edit on 3-7-2022 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I also think that if New York can ignore the SCOTUS ruling and go ahead with passing a law to outlaw firearms everywhere anyhow, then Texas should be good to pretty much tell the EPA to go pound sand in some equally pithy manner.

Yes, except this is the opposite situation.

Texas would be FOLLOWING our Law and our Constitutions.

New York is IGNORING our Law and our Constitutions.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackArrow

Ignoring the SC is a really really bad idea.

I agree, that's why this would be such a great thing for Texas to do, they would be FOLLOWING the Supreme Court's ruling, as opposed to New York's (and other leftist States) IGNORING it.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Two wrong's won't make a right,

This absolutely isn't a case of two wrongs though, I'm not sure why you all can't see this, it is extremely simple?

These two situations are polar opposites.

Texas would be FOLLOWING the rule of Law.

New York etc are DEFYING the rule of Law.

Night and Day.
edit on 3-7-2022 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Dude campaigned on destroying fossil fuel.
You are surprised he is following through?

Come on man
Here is the deal
Go get an ev man

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

No, but Abbot should tell the EPA to pound sand, and that Texas will not be adhering to any new regulations.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn
Epa just got kicked in the nuts
Another kick is in order
Nothing like seeing unelected burocrats taken down.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Ignoring the SC is a really really bad idea.

I agree, that's why this would be such a great thing for Texas to do, they would be FOLLOWING the Supreme Court's ruling, as opposed to New York's (and other leftist States) IGNORING it.

Good point. I am fresh back from vacation and still recovering. I missed that one entirely.

But you are correct. SCOTUS told New York they cannot infringe, but they are continuing to do so. SCOTUS told the EPA they have no authority to regulate without legislation making the rules, but they are attempting to continue to do so.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid

What're the odds that gets Texas to secede? That's a lot of jobs and a lot of oil.
Texas can’t secede. That is a myth not based in any reality.
Texas can’t legally leave the union

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join