It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rats jumping ship, Victoria straya!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Just announced in Victoria. Four senior state labour politicians are announcing their retirement.

After all the questionable decisions during Andrews hard fisted approach to lockup’s during the pandemic, hard fisted police hardass bashing of individuals, totally frivolous spending, 8 billion on a 15 kilometre train line from sunshine to the airport.

Announced yesterday that the states debt will hit 20 billion dollars, we are in the midst of an energy crisis, and facing gas cuts and brownouts.

Really makes you wonder what are these pollies running or hiding from?

More than likely they know they will lose the next election.

Even the acting premier James Merlino is jumping.

www.theage.com.au...

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

Stinky.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 08:15 AM
link   

what do you think this means to you and your country? A positive move, or beginning of the end?

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Hi, I only started watching Australian news this year (ABC.net.au news channel), and from just that source lol, I'd say the Solomon Islands doing their police/security cooperation deal with China, is the thing I'd say is making any Oz rats jump ship.
That, and the apparent competition for 'most politically correct news media ' between ABC and the BBC here lol 🤣

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 09:36 AM
link   
With most of what these politicians so diligently enforced being reversed slowly but surely - like sacked unvaccinated workers being invited to return (teachers), travel without proof of vaccination (New Zealand), organisations having no further rights to request vaccination status, parents having no rights to request status of their childrens teachers vaccination, etc but to name a few I'd say dodging accountability at minimum.

At least they had the heart to admit defeat and bow out unlike Andrews.

New PM Albanese likes to bend over - compensates France, gets friendly with China again, promises a greener existence sooner than later and is a well known Andrews collaborator - so for any Andrews despisers within clearly their pushing $#it uphill.

But end of day - Meh, who cares China be marching over those northern beaches soon enough.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 11:32 AM
link   
To drop 4 at once outside of an election does look political. I don't know these people or what is going on. With so much of the official federal vote going to Labour, got to expect there will be a lot of politics going on inside the party. On initial impression, I would guess they held some different views from Dan on some issues? So to get the cabinet back on track, remove the divide and get some new recruits.

If so, might work out well in the short term. Longer term, firing staff to resolve a complex political debate does have its shortfalls, but not uncommon in the history of politics.

As for what is really going on, expect those in the party will have lots of gossip about it.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   
China will have a rum old time of it.

Never back an Aussie into a corner.

Especially entering the country from the north.

Norforce will have the whole top end bristling with spears and boomerangs.

Sounds funny until you see the skill and stealth a top end black feller can demonstrate.

The major cities on the east coast are a different story I guess.

a reply to: CthruU

edit on 23-6-2022 by Dalamax because: The top third is safe.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Perhaps the four resigning pollies have had enough of towing dans line, and perhaps they have a spine, and are out as the grew a conscious.

I got a gut feeling that should dan lose the next election, he will not yield his place.

In the last few years the Victoria police have adopted a military style of policing, all black uniforms, special ops have armoured vehicles, auto machine guns, camo uniforms, camo helicopters.

I think he will not give up his piwer, and will become ruler supreme.

Perhaps these pollies got wind of his plan and want to get the hell out of dodge.

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing

new topics

top topics

join