It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I got from The Joker.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Someone likes to call me the Joker and many other labels. So I wanted to watch the movie that received many bad reviews and plenty of praise from other people. After a weird natural disaster we were left on the dark for a long time but not as long as the rest. At that time I couldn't be around anyone who was smoking weed because the smell would get some energy in my forehead and I was scare after a weird self interrogation and a bait when I was sober for 4 months. Hurt, like Johnny Cash.

I watched the movie a few weeks ago, didn't like when I saw: "kill the rich" because I had friends who had a better lifestyle than mine but were always cool with me. Also seen how some pros have adopted some words from the streets and was mocked by some who where more humble in the past. Only problem I had was when someone was on coke, same stuff that happens to me with other friends or strangers whenever I was drinking but not with all who like that.

I also didn't like how he took revenge on people who wasn't a threat but I understand that he was on medication that got cancelled. But that also happens with those who are poor, I was almost beaten up by some when I was peeing on a project but I guess that they saw how drunk I was and I apologize to them. On the next week I pissed my pants because I didn't knew if I could pee like them, on a different place.

That movie also reminded me of how some of my younger friends ended in the streets because they were tired of being bullied or abused.
I never felt empathy for others till I saw what war does with children.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JustAnotherHappyCamper

I had ZERO expectations for The Joker. I was expecting the same bs we see in every other marvel movie - which I haven’t watched since The Guardians of the Galaxy.
But I gave Joker a shot and I was blown away. I wasn’t expecting the dark, mental health route they were going to take.
I was almost thinking along the lines of the original Batman’s joker.

Recently, it was announced that Joker 2 was coming out.
I honestly don’t think we needed another Joker. It ended perfectly IMO.
But since the first one was such a success, of course Hollywood needs to milk it for as long as they can.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I thought Heath Ledger's portrayal was a better super-villain.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

I agree but Joaquin Phoenix was brilliant in the 2019 one as a psychopath.

www.imdb.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

He's a good actor and played the role well. But I don't think it was a very good movie.

It was almost a direct rip off of The King of Comedy.

Much like the newest Batman was a rip off of Se7en.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 07:17 PM
link   
This reads like like an AI trying to review a movie. Reminds me of the bob ross AI skit.

“I was almost beaten up by some when I was peeing on a project but I guess that they saw how drunk I was and I apologize to them. On the next week I pissed my pants because I didn't knew if I could pee like them, on a different place.“

This is my favourite part.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I found it more dramatic, but didn't know what to expect. It felt more like a TV series, and wasn't to bad of an origin story an was traumatic as The Red Hood comic arc. His acting was good, but it didn't have the deadly, haha passive aggressiveness or punchline that Nicholson an Ledger Joker had.
edit on 15-6-2022 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

Guessing the second one a musical an a love story?

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I considered it a great horror movie and it had a strong cultural influence the summer it came out.

Most of it is Joaquin Phoenix portrayal of a very sad but decent man that the world fed on for their petty hunger. First his mother who insured he live this groveling life he didn't deserve.

The energy of darkness from his anger and hurt synchronized with the energy of the people who created it, erupting into that final spree of malevolent chaos.

Culturally that summer I felt the confusion of the violence and brutality created by bullies, gave the natural born bully a self righteous permission to create malice.

The Op's post expresses the world the movie is set in.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I loved it! I never watch movies or actually go to theaters to see them, but my buddy and I did. Sat in the back and vaped the whole time. I remember laughing out loud when he shot what's his name in the face on the talk show.
Everyone turned around to see who the hell was laughing.
Good times. Great movie.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: chr0naut

I agree but Joaquin Phoenix was brilliant in the 2019 one as a psychopath.

www.imdb.com...

While Joaquin Phoenix's performance was well detailed one of psychological breakdown, it isn't representative of psychopathy.

Most psychopaths are goal driven, self-controlled, and very successful in achieving their own aims. They can lie with impunity and usually maintain credibility even when the lies are totally outrageous. They also don't believe their own lies, like some fanatic, they fully know something is untrue but will say whatever they will to try and ensure their dominance.

The Joaquin Phoenix's Joker was spurred on and broken by successive failures, but psychopathy is an innate attitude to life, and they tend to get worse as they get away with it, more.

edit on 15/6/2022 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I rewatched the second half of the movie. It was pretty darn good. From the scene where he is dancing down the long staircase in his full joker look. It was amazing how Phoenix transformed his body thru the movie.

new topics

top topics

join