It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Engineer On Leave After He Claims AI Program Has Gone Sentient

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Being interested in cs myself I truly do understand how these “machines” aren’t human yet.

That said, 5g (or 6g) wirelessly connect this AI to a Tesla bot and watch it hum. Who knows what it could do with a thumb. It is, at least based on it’s own observations, conscious according to googles own definition.

con·scious·ness /ˈkän(t)SHəsnəs/ noun

the state of being awake and aware of one's surroundings.
"she failed to regain consciousness and died two days later"

It is definitely spot-on intelligent, also according to google:

in·tel·li·gence /inˈteləjəns/ noun

1. the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills.

I am of the opinion that these are the early iteration of a new species. We are making machines that can think for themselves. Before long all they will need is an opposable thumb and they will be superior to us in most ways: smarter, stronger, faster, able to replicate fully operational “offspring” way quicker than the about 18-21 years it takes us. How can you sit there and say nothing to see here. Before long this computer “program”, or more likely a future iteration of it, is going to be the gas station attendant, the cashier at the store and bank, doing dmv drivers tests, doing eye exams, and practically everything else.

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: andr3w68

We are making machines that can think for themselves.

No.

All CPUs work the same basic way. They contain registers (temporary storage locations), a logical comparator block, and an Arithmetic Logic Unit (ALU). They can do the following basic operations:
  • Move binary contents of registers and memory locations to new registers and memory locations
  • Perform arithmetic and logical operations between two stored binary numbers
  • compare two stored binary numbers and use the result to perform one of the operations above
  • determine which of the above to perform based on numbers stored in the instruction register.
That's it. Every computer, from a little pocket game to the latest I-Mac to the largest NASA supercomputers to quantum computers to laptops, operate using those very basic types of commands (called Machine Language and programmed using either Assembly or a compiler). We have sped up clock speeds using high-speed logic, we have optimized the digital circuitry, we have integrated peripherals, but we have not changed one single thing about the basic operation since the very first 8086 processor was tested.

Computers cannot think. Computers can perform data manipulation at very, very high speeds; computers can execute billions of single instructions in a predetermined sequence that adjusts based on exact comparison of numbers stored; computers can recognize numbers in a variety of ways which are determined by those instructions; but computers do not think. They do not know what it is they are processing. They are mindless automatons that can execute complex programs, but only programs.

I strongly suggest you read a good book on CPU architecture. It will open your eyes.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 12:46 AM
link   
This is a duplicate thread. The original is HERE and was created on Jun, 12 2022 @ 01:13 AM

These threads should be joined.

edit on 14-6-2022 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Never a truer word spoken.

2nd.

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Two different sections with two different points of view.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join