It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Solve an Amarillo Mystery.....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 01:42 AM
link   
If they are using standard chain link fence, you should be able to count the links from head to foot and use that for measurement of size. I don't have any chain link fence where i am right now to go out and measure but if i remember right it's about 3 inches.

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
I caught this story today.

AMARILLO – In the dark and early morning hours of May 21 (around 1:25 a.m.), security cameras inside a perimeter fence at the Amarillo Zoo captured a strange image outside the zoo.

Was it a person with a strange hat who likes to walk at night? A large coyote on its hind legs? A Chupacabra? It is a mystery – for Amarillo to help solve.

So my thinking is it's somebody trying to pull a prank on the zoo or the zoo attempting to get some publicity, but it's an interesting picture none the less. It has a very werewolf-like look to it and isn't the typical blurry bigfoot picture we usually get but there still isn't enough detail to make out exactly what it is.
Do we have any locals from the area here on ATS and what are your thoughts?

Here's a link to the story...
Amirillo News

I’m originally from this neck of the woods!!! Borger to be more specific! There are tons of stories of these kind of things. I was listening to the OBDM podcast a couple weeks back and they told of a story of a blue demon with red eyes that attacked a family in the early ‘70s there by Amarillo. That story was one I had never heard before.

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Dad never said he was going to the zoo.

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
It looks like a still from a security video. If it is why not show the moving images. If not a video the camera should have picked up multiple stills as the figure moved across the scene. Either way a single frame is suspect at best.

No, it is not. Obviously, the zoo did not release the complete video because it would have revealed an anomalous creature that could not be doubted. Scientific institutions like zoos are not in the business of providing proof of paranormal phenomena or cryptids that science does not allow to exist. I mean, zoos have their public reputations to think of, don't they? We can't expect them to provide inadvertent proof of supernatural/paranormal creatures, now can we? Heavens forbid. Let's be reasonable! One frame leaves enough doubt for the event to be dismissed. Nothing suspect about it whatsoever.
edit on 11-6-2022 by micpsi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 05:42 PM
link   
increased the size and changed the lighting exposure abit

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Happy to see a thread on here, but surprised no one has debunked or explained this at all.

All I have to add is either it's something paranormal or it's someone in a costume. But the posture looks creepy.
edit on 11-6-2022 by game over man because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I saw this thread yesterday while a work and became a little obsessed with it. So this is what I found:

When you go to the Amarillo zoo on google maps, you see that it's a very small zoo for starters...

When you use street view on the entrance you can take a look inside the zoo, the part inside was uploaded in 2018 around Halloween. You can only walk along one path which takes you to the 'monsters in the zoo' exhibit, it shows the Chupacabra cage for ex. , and then the tour ends and you stand outside the door again.

But, while looking around inside I spotted this in the background between the Halloween decorations, look at the posture and the 'thing' it's holding in it's hand.

My guess is that they used the same prop in front of the camera for some free promotion

thoughts?

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Person with coyote headdress? Possibly a full hide draped over them?

Person being weird or goofy for unknown reasons.
edit on 11-6-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Must be a furry convention in town

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: KindraLabelle2

Nice job!

You should tweet a response back to the zoo, letting them know you debunk this for them. And they should rein in their marketing crew!

posted on Jun, 12 2022 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: EnhancedInterrogator

Nice job!

You should tweet a response back to the zoo, letting them know you debunk this for them. And they should rein in their marketing crew!

Not sure if it's debunked or not, only thing sure is that the zoo has a prop that looks like the camera image. I replied with the picture on their twitter but so far no response

posted on Jun, 12 2022 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Great find Kindra, it sure looks like the "creature" to me.

posted on Jun, 12 2022 @ 07:48 AM
link   
From what I understand, the guy who posted it works at the zoo and has a long history of nothing but benign and moderately interesting pics that he posts. There is apparently nothing suspect in his post history or that it is manipulated -- just odd.

From what I read, it is not from a video, but a still shot from some kind of game cam setup so getting the single frame is not unusual. This is backed by the types of shots in his post history. Being that the timestamp has no seconds or tenths supports this as well. My game cam often gets only one shot of a critter as it is walking through.

The simplest explanation is that this is some kid in a costume or a thin hobo at an odd angle that just happened to be walking by. Without any more or deeper evidence, you there is nothing to support any more bizarre conclusions even if true.

Definitely fun though.

posted on Jun, 12 2022 @ 10:12 PM
link   

yeah it's the same thing as seen in the security cam photo.

The way you described the zoo reminds me of the South Park fair episode...

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Crowfoot

Maybe it was ManBearPig!!

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Crowfoot

yeah it's the same thing as seen in the security cam photo.

The way you described the zoo reminds me of the South Park fair episode...

I haven't seen it, South Park is not really my thing

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

The issue I have with this story is that it is obviously a screen cap of a video but they only provide a picture. Where's the video? Makes me believe it's BS.

EDIT: just saw a post saying it's not from a video...so just one screen cap?
edit on 14-6-2022 by jidnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 04:26 AM
link   
apparently the mystery is solved,
Members of a baseball team who played in the area that day had placed their mascot outside the zoo fence, they took a picture of it themselves and posted that on their facebook.

You can find the story when you google 'Amarillo mystery solved'.
The news sources who report on the story are blocked for Europe so I can't post the links or read the entire articles.

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I was searching to see if someone had put this up. I tend to agree on the prop theory. Based on angle of legs it certainly would be hard to pose like that.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join