It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A.i. and mass unemployment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

yes Im sure on two minute papers the guy speaks about an open source AI that you can register to use, Im sure if you could program algorithms you could get somewhere, but hey there are AI that can code too, so just teach an AI to learn machine learning language and have it help you along the way.

I hope to one day have access to an AI that can help me realise my video game ideas , because I cant code at all.
my plan is to train it with all my concept art for the games i want to make , give it a storyline , some basic rules and then tell it all the concepts I need and the UI style everything needed that goes into a game accept the coding which I cant do to save myself. I'll do all the art, it does the coding.

I also wanted to get hold of one to train it on all the graffiti styles

then have one trained on environmental issues, one on world hunger and agriculture
why this isnt already happening is beyond me , or are there ai doing this right now ?

I feel we will eventually have a civilisation that is run by an AI , one that manages the entire planets resources for all
the AI runs the justice system , kind of like how it would be in Masamune Shirows "appleseed"

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

well you know what he says , hold onto your papers , as two papers down the line its improved by significant amounts

it wont be long.

I just wish some smart scientists where doing the right thing and have AI fix a lot of these inequalities we see in human civilisation at present.

Wouldnt it be great if a scientist went rogue but in the best way possible and designed an AI to prevent nuclear annihilation or war , an AI trained to defuse any diplomatic issue between nations.
an A.i designed to ensure the safety of the species

job done , lets go adventure in space together eh

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 03:20 PM
link   
In order for AI to take over still 1000 years away , It would have to learn to mine so I could rebuild or replicate it's self .

But as work force goes who wouldn't replace costly humans with robots it's a no brainier .

It's far from putting all humans out of work .
edit on 24-5-2022 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
what I want to know is , if I were to create an AI that can do my job in my free time, could I have it do my job and still get paid for it
since I created the AI and its trained to do my job.

Its the AI version of me that I made , thats replacing me to do my job.

Would an employer still pay you ?

Also , when an AI creates artwork , who owns the intellectual property rights on the art if the AI was trained using images of art works from multiple human artists.
The creates artwork of its own based on theirs , its the same as humans , we learn from others.
Will an AI have copyright of its own art ? or will the person who made the AI own it ?

what’s your regular job? You’re casually creating an AI program to replace yourself? Seems like highly skilled work doing that. You’re either selling your AI to your employer or hiding that it does the work. The owners of the AI will own the copyrights.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: Mantiss2021

well you know what he says , hold onto your papers , as two papers down the line its improved by significant amounts

it wont be long.

I just wish some smart scientists where doing the right thing and have AI fix a lot of these inequalities we see in human civilisation at present.

Wouldnt it be great if a scientist went rogue but in the best way possible and designed an AI to prevent nuclear annihilation or war , an AI trained to defuse any diplomatic issue between nations.
an A.i designed to ensure the safety of the species

job done , lets go adventure in space together eh

You... seem confused.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 04:15 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Skepticape

Im speaking in general , if someone were to create an AI to do their job for them working from home , would anyone know is what im talking about , if you were a programmer or something that requires data input or something computer based which an AI could do for you with ease.

The thing with AI generating works of art , do the people that wrote the AI machine learning code own the art , or does the AI , since it is an intellect of sorts , it think its a bit of a grey area.

Right now for example I could take an AI generated art work and spray paint it in graffiti on a wall , there would be no copyright issues , as an AI cant claim in court that its intellectual property rights have been violated. The people who wrote the code cant claim intellectual property rights as they didnt create the images either as its derived solely from the training data , in a sense its copying and canibalising all the art styles and regurgitating it in its own interpretation from the training data, therefore its copying everyone elses intellectual property and making its own version just like real human artists do.

So i think its a bit of a high seas piracy situation where anything goes

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Skepticape

theres a rule of thumb for one-liners around here right?

maybe you have me confused with someone else. I was perfectly sound until I read your post but now I am confused

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

I remember watching this a while back, quite entertaining to watch a robot perform what appears like a never ending task seems quite elegant you realize that it's not just performing a repetitive task like a normal factory robot but it's actually trying to collect its own hydraulic fluid.

Quite interesting the robot is programmed to collect its own fluid despite it being futile, being both unaware of its own existence and own impending failure to perform its task by not understanding that its own fluid is what is keeping it functioning. I wonder if they repeated this again with an AI and trained it to understand the concepts of the fluid and that it needs to maintain the fluid for that reason would it work out a better way to sweep it up or more efficiently than before in order to maximize its lifespan, longer than the artists had originally designed it to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join