It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lets consider Tanis

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 11 2022 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Tanis was once the Capital of Egypt, it seemed like it was destroyed like so many other sites around the world. It also is said that it died because being on the Nile Delta the port silted up and became unusable. However, it also seems that the rose granite was brought from over a thousand kilometers away. It also is said to be the home of a statue carved from one block weighing in at over a thousand tons. The interesting fact is that all the gold and silver were left in the ground,civilisation seemed to have collapsed and just about everyone was killed simply because if one person was left they would have been tempted to retrieve the wealth. that fact alone seems to suggest that its end was short violent and absolute.

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

I wonder if there are any treasure(s), information, or secrets buried there?

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I watched that video last night and I couldnt help but wonder if anyone had done any soil studies to find out the condition of the surrounding earth because the satellite imagery shows it a barren rocky area
that could be it its just bedrock with light top soil
or it could have bad Ph , or maybe even radioactive.

really interesting that most of the rocks have scorch marks and the granite has been burned

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 12:46 PM
link   
ancient nukes?

Like this:
Mohenjo Daro

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

I thought that as well, plus the biblical reference. Like the boss decided to get rid of it, who has morphed into God over time. These civilizations were built out of stuff that said we are here forever. But some other entity had other ideas.Is it possible as mankind gets more understanding and knowledgeable about the environment and how the natural world is constructed, it will always lead to a point where the power can blow up in your face if you ain't careful? The wheel and all the tools to make it can be discovered independently, from then on the stuff gets more powerful and only takes one mistake.

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

I watched that video last night and I couldnt help but wonder if anyone had done any soil studies to find out the condition of the surrounding earth because the satellite imagery shows it a barren rocky area
that could be it its just bedrock with light top soil
or it could have bad Ph , or maybe even radioactive.

really interesting that most of the rocks have scorch marks and the granite has been burned

The site is composed of sand with little organic material. It has to be added (its in a desert despite being in the Delta )- if it doesn't get irrigated it remains fairly lifeless etc.,all you get are weeds. Additionally archaeological sites are kept (relatively) clear of vegetation as it damages the sites - so no irrigation or watering of the area.

i.imgur.com...

Rainfall in Mansoura (a city near Tanis)
www.worldweatheronline.com...

It rains two days a year....

edit on 11/5/22 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 11:12 PM
link   
When I hear the name Tanis I instantly think of

Raiders of the lost ark.

“In the 1981 Indiana Jones film Raiders of the Lost Ark, Tanis is fictitiously portrayed as a lost city which was buried in antiquity by a massive sandstorm, before being rediscovered by a Nazi expedition looking for the Ark of the Covenant.”
edit on 11-5-2022 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

You know when I was watching the video I saw two patches of grass growing in a shaded depression , looking green, really green , so I immediately thought that things dont grow there is a little bit of a lie

but aye it looks like a rocky outcrop bedrock area so of course there would be very little that grows the soil isnt deep enough to support larger trees

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: Hanslune

You know when I was watching the video I saw two patches of grass growing in a shaded depression , looking green, really green , so I immediately thought that things dont grow there is a little bit of a lie

but aye it looks like a rocky outcrop bedrock area so of course there would be very little that grows the soil isnt deep enough to support larger trees

Yeah, I've been to the delta and the 'soil' is mainly sand where agriculture is being done there is soil but it is atop sand. However, little added soil is coming since the great dam was built and the delta is being slowly eroded away as the old floods use to rebuild it each year.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 11:39 AM
link   

This one is actually pretty simple, "old" Tanis was build on a natural delta of the Nile when Egypt was close to the height of its power. they used to farmers to haul and carve rock during the time that the Nile flooded and agricultural land was inaccessible, so they had a lot of manpower and skilled craftsmen who were very good at what they did.

The delta silted up, so the Pharaoh was was on the throne at the time ordered that a new city be built further down the Nile. The ripped up the old temples and palaces, put them on barges and floated the stones down the river, then built them up again at the other side.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
When I hear the name Tanis I instantly think of

Raiders of the lost ark.

“In the 1981 Indiana Jones film Raiders of the Lost Ark, Tanis is fictitiously portrayed as a lost city which was buried in antiquity by a massive sandstorm, before being rediscovered by a Nazi expedition looking for the Ark of the Covenant.”

The nile used to flood every year, which brought up silt and made the land fertile.

That's stopped happening since they dammed up the river, so a lot of the land is now barren, but 3 thousand years ago it was a breadbasket. There used to be fields full of crops next to the sphinx.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

The delta silted up, so the Pharaoh was was on the throne at the time ordered that a new city be built further down the Nile. The ripped up the old temples and palaces, put them on barges and floated the stones down the river, then built them up again at the other side.

Howdy AaarghZombies

What are you basing that on? A view that when Pi-Ramesses was abandoned it' s structures was moved physically to Tanis or something else?

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 01:48 AM
link   
it looks like they pissed somebody off. or biden was pharaoh.

some nice bling.

edit on 03/22/2022 by sarahvital because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

Howdy AaarghZombies

What are you basing that on? A view that when Pi-Ramesses was abandoned it' s structures was moved physically to Tanis or something else?

You can go into modern Tanis and find archeological remains from the original Tanis.

We know that Egyptians relocated whole temples because it was easier than building new ones, or because the old ones had significance, the temple next to the Sphinx is a good example, the architecture is completely wrong for the location and the period. Yet matches perfectly with other locations and periods.

We've got an old city with a silted up harbor that's been stripped of temples and statues, and we've got a new city with the same name that has statues and temples that match those which should have been in the old city. Either they moved the statues and temples, or they destroyed them utterly, and build replica.

Which do you think is more likely?

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 05:46 PM
link   

You can go into modern Tanis and find archeological remains from the original Tanis.

Where was the original Tanis?

We know that Egyptians relocated whole temples because it was easier than building new ones, or because the old ones had significance, the temple next to the Sphinx is a good example, the architecture is completely wrong for the location and the period. Yet matches perfectly with other locations and periods.

We do?

i.imgur.com...

Which of three temples are you referring to the New Kingdom, Sphinx or Khafre?

We've got an old city with a silted up harbor that's been stripped of temples and statues, and we've got a new city with the same name that has statues and temples that match those which should have been in the old city. Either they moved the statues and temples, or they destroyed them utterly, and build replica.

Which do you think is more likely?

Where is this old city you are referring too and what source says it's Tanis and not another one like the one I mentioned earlier?

top topics

join