It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught Project Starlink on Camera Last Night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Hello ATS members! It's been a long time since I've posted here so why not return with something cool!

So I came home from my hockey game last night and right after I parked and got out of my truck I randomly looked up at the sky as it was a clear night and to my shock saw a whole bunch of lights scattering in a straight line across the sky. It was like watching a meteor shower almost and thought maybe it was a UFO releasing a bunch of orbs like that one really cool video I saw on ATS.

So I took out my phone and started recording but my ISO sucks for night time recording so took a couple pictures as best as I could instead. Had to do this quickly because the speed at which the lights were going was pretty fast.

Shared it with some friends and one of them mentioned Projext Starlink...so read about it and here it was right outside happening. Funny how this didn't make MSM news.

Will post pictures in a moment....
edit on 1-5-2022 by Skywatcher2011 because: Member corrected the project name for me..thank you!!!

edit on 1-5-2022 by Skywatcher2011 because: added pictures

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Upload not able to work...please help!

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
So I came home from my hockey game last night and right after I parked and got out of my truck I randomly looked up at the sky as it was a clear night and to my shock saw a whole bunch of lights scattering in a straight line across the sky.

Sounds a lot like Starlink to me.

You can track passes using many different websites and apps, though I still prefer Heavens-Above.

Also, upload is wonky so try using this link here or copy and paste img.abovetopsecret.com/5/ into your browser.

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Upload not able to work...please help!

The upload button is broke.

Use this:

img.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 1-5-2022 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Yeah my camera sucks as it's an Samsung A50 and could only get a good picture in night mode settings...unfortunately when objects are moving it distorts the image it seems.

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Ahh StarLink.
The absolute bane of the UFO investigators existence.

On our website, we even have a picture of StarLink with a caption sayin “if you saw this, do not submit a report.”
Yet everyday I get 5 - 10 reports. And 75% are usually StarLink.lol

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Ive seen those before. Pretty cool. I bet those can be used for other purposes..

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Kesler syndromes baby picture

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Phone cameras, and even most point and shoot cameras, just can't handle taking pictures of the night sky without manual exposure settings and a tripod. Even then, the results are not the greatest. So for what you got above it's really nothing to be too disappointed about.

Good spotting on them though, they're pretty cool when you get a full line like that. You most likely saw Group 4-16 that just went up on April 29. There's another launch scheduled for Group 4-17 on May 5 along the same trajectory, so you may luck out again. That's a morning launch, as opposed to the late evening launch for Group 4-16, so the dynamics may not be right. Eventually they'll be boosted up to their proper orbit by their Hall effect thrusters and be out of sight.

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid

... So for what you got above it's really nothing to be too disappointed about.

Thank you for your unconditional support. I wish I had something better and that would take pictures without the motion blur...every mode is different for every camera but it's the best I could do given the limited time I had.

I'd say there must have been about 2 mins at the most for me to take pictures right after I first saw it appear in the sky and was like I got to get my phone out asap!

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I also took a couple short videos as well..is there an app or software that can be used to enhance the picture/video?

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 02:02 AM
link   
SPAM REMOVED.
edit on 5/2/2022 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 02:18 AM
link   

I also took a couple of short videos as well..is there an app or software that can be used to enhance the picture/video?

Google photo provide enhance feature, and there are a Lot of apps but I don't trust them(chance of photo leak)

top topics

join