It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The selfishness of the US and the NWO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Infinite said something in another forum (www.abovetopsecret.com...) which kind of stood out to me and got me to thinking:

Foreign Policy has become a key part of the Bush administration and some have gone on record to say that the US foreign policy is basicly the building blocks to a new world order. Or is it? The old saying goes, "America only does something if she gets something in return" meaning that America will only do something if the country benefits from it as a whole. This could mean lots of things from oil to money, land,etc and this does seem a selfish act.

So basically, what I am wondering is if it is a bad thing for a nation's government to be "selfish" since, after all, the only real job of any government is to ensure that their citizens have the best standard of living possible.

If that is the case, and the US if creating a NWO, that doesn't seem to be such a bad idea as an American citizen. It's not like we have forced our biggest allies in this order to change (Great Britain, Canada, Australia, among others)

In fact, in this country someone can say that the president sucks and not get dragged off and beaten. Is that a bad thing? For all the talk of us being a police state we sure do allow - even encourage - dissenting views from within our society.

I say bring the NWO on.

[EDIT: ARGH! If there are any non banned Admins this should probably be over in NWO]

[edit on 1-4-2005 by Marid Audran]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marid Audran
In fact, in this country someone can say that the president sucks and not get dragged off and beaten. Is that a bad thing? For all the talk of us being a police state we sure do allow - even encourage - dissenting views from within our society.

Is that right?

Read this to know better ...

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Is that right?

Read this to know better ...

That gets back to the basic idea that your rights and freedoms only extend to the point where they start infringing on others. You also can't go into a board of directors meeting for any company and start shouting to disrupt that.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Hows a bumpersticker anywhere comparable to shouting in a board meeting?

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Yes, the NWO has it's good points:
1. Ally protection
2. Easy economics for govt. leaders.
3. Poor people are taken care of.
4. Same education for most ppl.

But it's bad points are wrose:
1. Lower Standard of Living through out the world.
2. UN controls all countries' laws through Unions like the EU.
3. "Slavery" of most Americans/ World's ppl's to "Mega Rich."
4. Loss of "Freedoms"(i.e. Constitution and Bill of Rights).
5. Forced tracking procedures.
6. Lost of American Soverignity(UN owns 125 historical monuments and parks, and counting).
7. Continual brainwashing(been happening since the 1950's) from birth to death.
8. Control of intellectual development
9. Control of Mores and Norms in society

I think you get the idea, and that's assuming things are "peaceful".

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marid Audran
Infinite said something in another forum (www.abovetopsecret.com...) which kind of stood out to me and got me to thinking:

Foreign Policy has become a key part of the Bush administration and some have gone on record to say that the US foreign policy is basicly the building blocks to a new world order. Or is it? The old saying goes, "America only does something if she gets something in return" meaning that America will only do something if the country benefits from it as a whole. This could mean lots of things from oil to money, land,etc and this does seem a selfish act.

So basically, what I am wondering is if it is a bad thing for a nation's government to be "selfish" since, after all, the only real job of any government is to ensure that their citizens have the best standard of living possible.

This point you or whoever said this in whatever other form... is instantly CRUSHED by the fact that....
The US is the only "1st world" country that ships the majority of its jobs out of country. That produces the least amount of products. That owns the least amount of its own companies.

If that is the case, and the US if creating a NWO, that doesn't seem to be such a bad idea as an American citizen. It's not like we have forced our biggest allies in this order to change (Great Britain, Canada, Australia, among others)

You thought its the case. It's not the case. The USA isn't "selfish" when it comes to looking out for itself. It allows itself to be controlled by the people who really own America... and they don't all live in the USA.
The result is more than 55% of American companies aren't owned by Americans. More than 55% of jobs that used to be done by Americans, aren't done by Americans anymore. More than 55% of inventions by Americans and American companies have been given away to non-American companies.

[quote[
I say bring the NWO on.

[edit on 1-4-2005 by Marid Audran]

The NWO was already beeing put in place before me, you, everyone else was born. So it's gonna come on no matter what. Just a matter of how fast or slow it takes... but it's gonna take. And when it's finnished life as Americans now know it, will be 100% different. And not in a good way.
Back of every American dollar says "Novos Ordim Seclrum"
'New Secular Order' (litteral translation) a synonym for 'New World Order'.
It can be translated as 'New World Order' if the translator is aiming for intended meaning.

(Same way 'virtu' in book "The Prince" can be litterally translated as "virtue". But it's intended translation in many parts of "The Prince" is different. "courage", "Big Balls", "Strength", "no mercy", "mercyless", "cunning" are other ways 'virtu' is translated.)

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The nwo is a global totalitarian government. Totalitarian=bad, like, totally.
Since the NWO doesn't exist, there isn't much to worry about, but if ti did, it would not be a good thing for anyone.

new topics

top topics

join