It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomorrow is the 110 year anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Tomorrow is the 110 year anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic. 110 years ago on this Good Friday 1500 souls perished in history’s most famous maritime accidents. I thought I would make a remembrance thread here to share good documentaries to watch, stories, and conspiracies involving it actually being it’s sister ship.

Also this is why no one ever buys anything made in Ireland.

Your friendly neighborhood Brotherman
edit on 14-4-2022 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Only a 110 years, seemed much longer than that. Honest it felt like 110 years when the movie was made.

And hey!

Also this is why no one ever buys anything made in Ireland.

An irish YouTuber named jack Septiceye doing Titanic VR.

**Language**
youtu.be...

edit on 14-4-2022 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Like I said, never buy anything with a gold sticker made in China that says “made in Ireland”

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

Like I said, never buy anything with a gold sticker made in China that says “made in Ireland”

Hehe... nuff said. Rooney, Mara... you're right.
Got a stack of these stickers made in china with gold. Both cars have them.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 07:39 AM
link   

I always thought the titanic was a really cool and mysterious story since I was little. My great grandma even had the newspaper from it. Do you recall the conspiracy theory about the one that sank wasn’t even the titanic but it’s sister ship the Olympic or something like that over the propeller found at the site?

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 07:40 AM
link   
There is usually a memorial service in Halifax Nova Scotia in the cemetery where a number of passengers are buried. Unfortunately I'm two hours away from the city this holiday weekend and cannot make it. Not even sure due to pandemic restrictions the last two years if anyone even organizes this anymore.
edit on 14-4-2022 by AccessDenied because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 07:40 AM
link   

I have watched the movie and many documentaries on the Titanic. So heartbreaking.

They didn't even have enough lifeboats for everyone. Many documentaries with survivors telling of their accounts.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Maybe me and my wimmins will watch Titanic tomorrow night when I come home from work, it’s been a long time since I’ve seen it but then again that Celine dion song is really annoying.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Still filming here...

Titanic movie.
"Unsinkable"
www.post-gazette.com...

Most movies that take almost four years to complete would be labeled as troubled productions. That assessment wouldn’t be fair to “Unsinkable,” though.

It’s a big-screen adaptation of “Titanic to All Ships,” Beaver County resident Eileen Enwright Hodgetts’ play about U.S. Senate inquiries into who was at fault for lives lost in the 1912 disaster. The original test footage for “Unsinkable” was shot in 2017 and production officially began in fall 2018.

Filming at Heinz Hall. Hmm... Heinz? Not just 57 varieties.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Bestest song ever! Inspired by icy waters!

Turn it up!!!
youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

I always thought the titanic was a really cool and mysterious story since I was little. My great grandma even had the newspaper from it. Do you recall the conspiracy theory about the one that sank wasn’t even the titanic but it’s sister ship the Olympic or something like that over the propeller found at the site?

Ok, i had the name wrong. I thought it was the RMS Lusitania for some reason.

It was sank by a German U-Boat. Also the big banks Chase, Morgan... Rockefeller.
The iceberg seems the least likely after all these years.

But they found the Irish Whiskey and went full steam ahead.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I do recall a conspiracy theory about this as well, I remember reading about it on here around 2011 or 2012ish. I don't recall the thread but it did link to a youtube vid on the subject that I spent the evening watching. I remember trying to talk to my then bf at the time about it but he dismissed me, ha. He just wasn't into that stuff like I was. But anyways I've always found the stories surrounding the Titanic fascinating.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 11:47 AM
link   

And what's even worst about this accident? The California was close enough to actually see some of the emergency rockets from Titanic and ignored them. Also if the accident happened like 1 or 2 hours earlier the California's radio operator would have still been up and would have heard the first emergency calls.

If they could have gotten there before Titanic had gone down there would have been few if any deaths. Literally the Titanic disaster was a storm of if it could go wrong it did. Perhaps the Egyptian mummy that they had in the hold was cursed.

edit on 14-4-2022 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I think i will watch the 1958 film A night to remember. Much much better than Cameron’s offering.

A NIGHT TO REMEMBER is a classic of British cinema: the definitive retelling of the sinking of the Titanic, told as it was and without embellishment. In the more than capable hands of director Roy Ward Baker, this is a taught, tragic and thoroughly compelling disaster movie that beats most of the competition hands down.

One of the reasons that this film works so well is that it's focused throughout on the sinking of the ship. There are no romantic sub-plots to get in the way, no needless conflict between protagonists and antagonists. The iceberg is the only antagonist here. The emphasis is on realism, a careful recreation of the sinking as described in the then-recently released book by Walter Lord.

I especially liked the way that the movie avoids cliché to get the point across. There's little in the way of dramatic music or outright destruction; in fact, everything plays out rather stately, with the minimum of fuss. It may be the British stiff upper lip effect, or the realisation that you don't need to outwardly dramatise such a dramatic story to begin with.

Kenneth More is excellent as the even-handed Lightoller, and he's supported by a familiar cast giving solid turns, even those in minor roles. Particularly good is Michael Goodliffe as the ship's architect, and watch out for a youthful David McCallum too. Altogether this fine movie shows that you don't need CGI spectacle or shoehorned-in love scenes to tell the story; take note, Mr Cameron!

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Tortuga

I forgot all about that one thanks for reminding me 👍🏾

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ntech

And what's even worst about this accident? The California was close enough to actually see some of the emergency rockets from Titanic and ignored them. Also if the accident happened like 1 or 2 hours earlier the California's radio operator would have still been up and would have heard the first emergency calls.

If they could have gotten there before Titanic had gone down there would have been few if any deaths. Literally the Titanic disaster was a storm of if it could go wrong it did. Perhaps the Egyptian mummy that they had in the hold was cursed.

I can remember a video making the rounds many years ago of a RV down at the site and a plate had fallen of where the name of the ship was and underneath it said olimpic and many that worked there said the two ships were swapped at night ,the only difference between the two ships was a window I believe

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

I think I seen the same video on youtube somewhere. The Olympic had been damaged in a collision with a naval vessel and supposedly had major unfixable internal damage. So the theory goes that they swapped out the nameplates of the two vessels and had intentionally wanted an accident where the ship would sink and the insurance would pay off their claims for loss.

Wikipedia article.

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ntech

I have a copy somewhere on a hard drive of a telegram sent that the California ! Was on scene and helping , pretty lucky that a nearby ship had 3000 jumpers and towels onboard might have been the Carpathia ! Or I could be getting the names round the wrong way .

But a monster was born on jeckyl island just after that event

Just remembered a old thread by a member called voidhawk about the Titanic from 2014 on my phone so not sure how to link
edit on 18/4/2022 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

top topics

join