It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economic Hit Men

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Hello to all!!! I'm currently reading a book called John Perkins: Confessions of an economic hit man

He talks about the corruption of our goverment and even the assasination of past world leaders, done by the government. Is anyone else reading this? This really sheds light on the shady deaths of Roldos and Torrijos, the leaders of counrties in south america. his stories totally tie in with 9/11 thoeries, and confirms other thoeries. It's a really good book; it shows how the american empire is controlled by several powerful families and groups.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I am also in the middle of this book as well--fascinating. Perkin's story seems to dovetail with other stories of corporate and CIA involvement in the Middle East in the 70's through today. He provides another backstory for the invasion of Iraq--when Saddam wouldn't play ball with the EHMs & the CIA "jackals" couldn't get to him, war had to be declared. It could be the case as imperialistic designs were the first priority after the invasion (and before controlling insurgents) with directives that gave American corporations de facto control over the Iraqi economy.

I just saw "The Corporation" and the segment regarding the World Bank's forced privatization of Bolivia's water supply in Bechtel's hands (else the Bolivians lose out on $600 million in debt relief) reeks of EHM handiwork. While "The Corporation" implies that corporations have no joint conspirital agenda--making money is their only concern, John Perkins' assertions do point to a larger and concerted joint effort at the behest of the large multinationals and the government to achieve world domination. The sad part is that it signals the abandonment of democratic principles, the expendability of the "little" people, and the triumph of money over conscience.

Wow. That's depressing. Maybe I should stick to reading light fiction and cereal boxes....

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Thanx for replyi'! I know no one really posts on literature forums, and I thank you for postin'!

new topics

join