It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why isn't Auschwitz haunted .

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
You're right of course...

It wasn't Auschwitz that he visited, it was Dachau. Not the first time I've made that mistake.

Though my point remains.

No worries. I figured he'd have had a really great story of getting behind the Iron Curtain on some sort of rare visa. Oh well.

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The Holocaust, I find, has become increasingly difficult to discuss without people getting extremely offended.

It's very different to when I still did a course on it at university in 1994, and especially Jewish and German students were encouraged to study and discuss it, even in popular mediums.

Nevertheless, there has been some work done on the Shoar and the supernatural, for example from a Jewish perspective:

In his documentary film “Muranów,” director Chen Shelach explores the “haunting” of the Warsaw neighborhood where Nazi Germany created Europe’s largest ghetto. More than 400,000 Jews were crammed into the Warsaw ghetto, which was burned to the ground when Jewish fighters revolted in April 1943.

www.timesofisrael.com...

Or inter-Jewish discussions (I guess those leaning more towards mysticism and the Kabbalah) on the Holocaust and reincarnation:

Even sharing this, I fear, I might be crossing a line of offense, so maybe the time just isn't right for more research on the Holocaust and the supernatural.

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: schuyler
If you had been exterminated at Auschwitz, would you want to hang around there?

Well, it is a very valid thing to ask, especially since the delicate sensibiities were hung up regarding ghost hunting & Gettysburg. I'm sure no one wanted to die there & haunt it, either

To fight and die for your cause in one of the most famous battles in all of history? Whether you died in Pickett's Charge of Chamberlain's desperate bayonet charge on Little Big Top, your death was a glorious one, the best thing you ever did.

There's multiple other examples to use over history -- colosseums didn't always host willing fighters, why aren't those places riddled with the attached dead?

Gladiators who fought in these stadiums were esteemed members of the community, much like famous sports stars today. But I do not think either of these examples compares with the horrors of Auschwitz.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Would you have a choice? I believe that's the question

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

I'm pretty sure Auchwitz is haunted. Ive never been there but I know people who have, and they feel and experience dark things. Its probably one of the most haunted, cursed places on earth. Anywhere where an abnormal amount of evil happens, I think it causes a place to be cursed and permantly give off evil vibes. There are many places on earth that do this. I also dont think that you have to have ghosts for a haunting. Poltergeists and evil entities also haunt, too. I understand why they dont let investigators in. Most of these so called ghost hunters are a joke, and are fraud, too. They like to make stuff up for clicks and rating, and arent very respectful of the deceased. I wouldnt want them making a joke of such serious matter.

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I have no doubt there are demons and spirits of evil there.
But ghosts? I would think that no ghost would want to be there.
Wouldn't they leave as fast as possible after they died?

<< 1  2   >>

join