It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Making Fun Of Bald People Is Disrespectful To God

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Comedians make jokes and Will hits like a girl.

To be fair, he only lets other men bang his wife not insult her.
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder
a reply to: TzarChasm
God giveth, God taketh away!
It is His creation to do with as He sees fit.

Call me sacrilegious but I don't believe in humans being owned and trashed like toys. Especially babies who are euthanized to send a message. It's cowardly and despicable.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
... and balding for women is much harder on them then men.

I think you are wrong.

Women get away with wearing wigs much more than men.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   
So the day I was walking the isles of our grocery store putting food in my carriage and saw a man with a shaved head walking ahead of me and the thought entered my mind while looking at the back of his head that I was looking at a penis with ears. This doomed me to Hell forever?

I’ll be honest, I more than giggled and since that day I have never again looked at the back of a bald persons head without at least smiling.

SORRY! 😆

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: 😏

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
Comedians make jokes and Will hits like a girl.

To be fair, he only lets other men bang his wife not insult her.

He wasn't trying to fight, he could have easily broken his jaw. This was very obviously a symbolic gesture, a line was crossed and the dude was spanked on live TV for being rude.

But it's over, no need to drag it out or make a huge messy feud out of it. Boys being boys and all that jazz.

edit on 28-3-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: PiratesCut

Be careful the moment everyone sees it your way, you'll be a hairy bell-end.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

originally posted by: notquiteright
I am familiar with this bible verse. The idea that god would think it just to slaughter 42 young boys just for calling someone baldy is insane. Not the kind of god I would choose to have.

This is not what happened. There is much lost in the translation and the historical and cultural context. Deeper study reveals this...

The Hebrew translated in many versions as "small boys" probably does not, contextually, mean exactly that. The word translated as "small" (qâṭân) can also mean insignificant. "Boys" (na‘ar) can mean any male up into adolescence, as well as a young servant or even a young unmarried male. Think of the English word "lad" and the range of meaning that can entail. "The lad just started school," as opposed to, "I had a few beers with the lads." It is translated throughout the Old Testament as "young man" or "servant."

This phrase, then, could easily (and most likely does) refer to a group of acolytes, young men in the service of the idolatrous religious system practiced in Bethel.

The place where this occurred - Bethel - was known to be a center of idolatry, of demon worship. It is most likely that these "small boys" were not such, but were actually acolytes of the demonic, anti-God idolatry centered in Bethel. As such, their defiance of the prophet Elisha was a manifestation of their hatred of God, of truth, of holiness and their judgment was not because they mocked Elisha's baldness, but because their intent was to mock the divine authority that Elisha had been granted, thereby mocking God.

This was time and place of intense spiritual conflict and defiance of God's authority would not be tolerated. God's judgment on these people was a warning to the society to fear and reverence God for their own good. To have allowed these acolytes of false religion and demon worship to openly defy God's established order with no consequence would have been detrimental to the society as a whole.

There is always an element of mercy even in the most severe act of devine judgment, just as a loving father may cause temporary pain in the discipline of an errant child for that child's ultimate benefit.

Have a look a study that I did on this passage here.

Much misunderstanding of scripture is based on ignorance of historical and cultural context.
:

This is an excellent explanation of the situation. I was thinking along similar lines, but you went into better detail and explained it better than I could. Mock and jeer Jehovah's prophet you are really doing it to Jehovah God himself. The same happened when Miriam and Aaron were complaining about Moses. Jehovah struck Miriam, the instigator with leprosy as Jehovah said:

"“Hear my words, please. If there was a prophet of Jehovah among you, I would make myself known to him in a vision, and I would speak to him in a dream. 7 But it is not that way with my servant Moses! He is being entrusted with all my house. 8 Face-to-face I speak to him, openly, not by riddles; and the appearance of Jehovah is what he sees. Why, then, did you not fear to speak against my servant, against Moses?”-Numbers 12:6-8.

Jehovah takes personal offense when one mistreats his representatives. As they are really complaining about Jehovah God. That doesn't mean his representatives can't fail him. Moses and Aaron later did fail to give glory to God for giving them water from the crag at Merabah, I believe, and because of that Jehovah did not allow them to enter into the promised land.
edit on 28-3-2022 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
A man's honor is not tested in church or in communion with cosmic forces, it's tested in how you interact with your peers when you think you're untouchable. Much like someone who sends a plague to murder a generation of firstborns including infants who are innocent. That test of honor was miserably failed. Maybe don't use these examples anymore.

That is a very fair statement, well worth meditating on

originally posted by: TzarChasmA man's honor is not tested in church or in communion with cosmic forces, it's tested in how you interact with your peers when you think you're untouchable

Maybe worth considering when you think of the Egyptian plagues as well?

A generation of firstborns, being in Egypt or with God their Father/Creator, I would think that one option has many upsides.

originally posted by: TzarChasmMaybe don't use these examples anymore.

Really? Deny whats in the bible?
Interesting book the bible, it records everything, even the history of a people who failed constantly, defeats, cowardice, disbeliefs, traitorous actions and all manner of drama. Not a good look for a nation to record their own errors and place them up for public ridicule. Dont think we see any other nation ever doing similar
As for God, didnt hide His actions either

And you think we should?
edit on 28-3-2022 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 09:08 PM
link   

a reply to: DeathSlayer

No, just that Chris Rock should avoid making fun of bald women.

Also we know what the bible says about adultery, but that is for another thread.

Chris Rock is a comedian. Most comedy is based on pointing out uncomfortable truths ... like Pinkett Smith's baldness. And he merely compared it to the haircut used by Demi Moore in G.I. Jane, nothing else.

Rather gentle mockery all things considered.

He could have given here the full Gervais treatment.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 10:50 AM
link   
No one cares his wife’s a slut he is a loser who can’t control his emotions and both his kids are brain dead activists who will surely find very hollow lives.

Your right no need to make a big deal out of family of losers who are no example of anything good to anyone.

a reply to: TzarChasm

edit on 29-3-2022 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

a reply to: DeathSlayer

No, just that Chris Rock should avoid making fun of bald women.

Also we know what the bible says about adultery, but that is for another thread.

Chris Rock is a comedian. Most comedy is based on pointing out uncomfortable truths ... like Pinkett Smith's baldness. And he merely compared it to the haircut used by Demi Moore in G.I. Jane, nothing else.

Rather gentle mockery all things considered.

He could have given here the full Gervais treatment.

I agree, Rock could have been way harsher.

He goes off on black people and their hair choices in "Good Hair" and it's obvious one of the things he picks on in his routines.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 05:45 PM
link   
We all go bald one day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join